2011 Cricket World Cup in Indian Subcontinent

32 Posts  ·  17 Users
About this group
Hi guys, Just seen it on television that 2011 world cup wll be held in the Indian Subcontinent and it is just another win for all our sport loving Indians as well as pgs. So Gys stard discussion on it even it has lots of time left.
Page 1 of 4

Hello Mates,

Kindly join the PGSSL(PagalGuy Super Selector League) at http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/fantasy-super-selector-cricket-25015672

Select your Super Selector team, and enjoy the competition!!!

For rules et all the gyaan, refer to the above link!

Sun

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Now the news is that PCB is making efforts to stage the final in pakistan..
their argument is that 1996 was a success..so this time it will be so....

when will the PCB nuts realise the wisdom and give up their childishness??

never!!!!! thats why the kashmir issue still lingers on!!!! administrations in pakistan dont know when enough is enough!!!!!!

final in india for sure!!!!! cheers to that!!!!!

but the official line is that all four countries are in the fray with a vote deciding where to stage the final!!!!!! however the voting will take place after, ummmmm, ahem , quite a while!!!!! coz its only 2006 yar!!!!!!

hehehe!!!!!!

@suneer - same here dude!!!!! this i love cricket line always works!!!!!!! ganguly was a hot topic in my interviews!!!!!

@amitnsitian - anxiety never got anybody anywhere!!!!!!:satisfie:
First of all, all said and done, my personal view is, that, purely from a spectacle point of view(infrastructure, stadium, coverage, technology, commentators, even Team Uniforms!), an event of the magnitude of the Cricket WC, would have been been better off in the Australian continent.

The good thing, however, is that, we now have an "excuse" to better our infrastructure, more so, our stadiums, such that the common public, people like us, dont suffer the ignominy of sitting through the apalling stadia in any part of India(and when we have a Stadium like Wankhede, amongst the best in the country, but still a horrific jail to be for an ODI, I can understand what a Kanpur, Goa or an Assam Cricket Stadium spectator would undergo)

So, I really hope that, things can only get better from here, for our facilities.

Secondly, if the venues are finalised, under the leadership of Mr. Sharad Pawar, one can be assured that Mumbai, would be a front runner for either the semis or the finals(which did not happen in the last Subcontinent WC), so we may see a massive change in the facilities at Wankhede at least(and this cheers me no ends!!!)

In the meantime, hoping to be placed/settle down in Australia by 2015!!!

Sun

Now the news is that PCB is making efforts to stage the final in pakistan..
their argument is that 1996 was a success..so this time it will be so....

when will the PCB nuts realise the wisdom and give up their childishness??
infact it would have helped me relax!!!! wotsay amit!!!!!

how can u relax with so much anxeity around !!!!

neways, ATB to those ppl from my side too 😁
hmmm!!!! if i were givin the gd/pi at that stage, the world cup would have been the least of my botherings!!!! infact it would have helped me relax!!!! wotsay amit!!!!!

aneways since we are discussing so much in advance, all the best to those appearing for gd/pi at that time!!!!! hehehe!!!!!!

To add to that, if the guy sez, that his hobby is cricket, one can be assured that there would be a loads of questions coming way on the same(given the cricket fever all around!)! That would be great!(I have passed all such interviews so far!)

Sun
amitnsitian Says
thats the GD PI time..its more crucial than the written stage

hmmm!!!! if i were givin the gd/pi at that stage, the world cup would have been the least of my botherings!!!! infact it would have helped me relax!!!! wotsay amit!!!!!

aneways since we are discussing so much in advance, all the best to those appearing for gd/pi at that time!!!!! hehehe!!!!!!
chetannarula Says
dont think so!!!! the world cup is played at the end of the season in the sub continent!!!!! so its gonna be a febraury-march affair!!!!:satisfie:

thats the GD PI time..its more crucial than the written stage
Finally, finally, FINALLY....Thankfully, thankfully, THANKFULLY....

The title of this thread has been modified n the caps have been introduced in the relevant spaces...

@Mod...Pls do the same with the "Who will win the 2007 WC" thread as well...:neutral: 😃

Okk...Now that I m satisfied I'l come outta mah protest n post here...

Nothn much to write actually...Wld fully agree with Suneer that the WC wld have been much better off in Aus/NZ...Reasons 4 it being the same as was stated by him...2 hoots to the ICC...
abhi_g1 Says
great lagta hai us time jo cat denge woh log toh gaye.

dont think so!!!! the world cup is played at the end of the season in the sub continent!!!!! so its gonna be a febraury-march affair!!!!:satisfie:

yes i agree with u cat toh bewafa hai par world cup nahin.