[2011-2013] SPJIMR GI Experiences

744 Posts  ·  212 Users
About this group
Dear Puys welcome to season 2011!! Lets use this thread to share the GI experiences at SPJIMR. :: Please post your experience in the following format : CALL Details : Specialization | Profile based call/Score based call A...
Page 1 of 75

When will the final results be out?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am sorry if some1 has asked this earlier.. dress should ve wera 2 immersion? formal or semi formal??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Well to answer that, anyone could have missed interviews cuz of any personal exigencies. Just because such an exigency didn't emerge then, doesn't mean it can't now!

Secondly taking the time out to travel to a different city may not be possible for everyone. With interviews, it was just a day and there were always options to choose a suitable location.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. But there's no reason for you to to be rude and I'll refrain from it too since you guys have been fairly helpful till now.

As for visiting the website, I did visit it before posting here but I couldn't find answers to my queries there. If you can point me in the right direction, well, I'd be heartily grateful.

P.S. I AM attending the process but I felt the idea of a forum was to reach as many as possible.

Thanks anyway. Cheers:thumbsup:

There can be people missing interview becaues of personal reason but my post was aimed at people using the backdrop of personal reasons for missing Immersion just coz its not compulsory.
If somebody would give me a chance to take one of the most important decision in my life after knowing and weighing all pros and cons and is also paying for my travel, I for one wouldn't mind 3 days. Infact I would be glad of being given the opportunity and chance to make an informed decision so that tomorrow I have no regret points left.
I am glad of being fairly helpful but with end terms going on and all the preparation cannot be more helpful to spell out a 10 pager details of all that is going to be told at immersion.

P.S. Frankly, I want the students coming for immersion to have a distinct advantage over others who don't when it comes to making a call.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys,

I think we are nearing the end of the admission process and SP Jain is providing an opputunity to see the college first hand and answer any queries. I think we should respect that and have a little more patience and use this oppurtunity in a more fruitful way.

Shraddha/Amit/Jasmeet and all other Adcom members who were part of the process>> I am not sure whether i will be in SP Jain or not or whether i will make the cut. Irrespective of that, on behalf of all of us, i would like to thank you guys for all the help and support you have given all of us on PG.

A big thank you especially to Shraddha and Amit from all of us for the patience and support that you guys have shown on PG. Hoping to be your juniors.:cheerio:

Regards,
Varun

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Shradha_Shrimal Says
Visit the website. BTW, would you have missed interview process for any personal reason? There is a difference in facts and looking at and knowing things first hand.

Well to answer that, anyone could have missed interviews cuz of any personal exigencies. Just because such an exigency didn't emerge then, doesn't mean it can't now!

Secondly taking the time out to travel to a different city may not be possible for everyone. With interviews, it was just a day and there were always options to choose a suitable location.

Anyway, I'm not here to argue. But there's no reason for you to to be rude and I'll refrain from it too since you guys have been fairly helpful till now.

As for visiting the website, I did visit it before posting here but I couldn't find answers to my queries there. If you can point me in the right direction, well, I'd be heartily grateful.

P.S. I AM attending the process but I felt the idea of a forum was to reach as many as possible.

Thanks anyway. Cheers:thumbsup:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanks for responding Jasmeet but I believe there will definitely be cases where someone may be unable to participate in immersion due to whatever personal reasons. I guess they shouldn't be left out now, should they? :)

Thanks a ton.

Visit the website. BTW, would you have missed interview process for any personal reason? There is a difference in facts and looking at and knowing things first hand.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Its not just a GD PI experience..I would like to convey this to all the big management colleges conducting there admissions.....one key point is if you cant manage even your admissions properly then you are not entitled to create managers.......

Here is my take on SPjains admissions:-
over 1500 calls for 180 seats (what for??).
no clear call policy(ppl are trying to crack from ages).
after registering for the interview....you even don't get a confirmation mail(you can wonder whether it was booked) .
after going to interview you are told you were supposed to come one hour before(who told us -it was told on pagalguy, since when pagalguy became official information???)
you are given a sheet to fill which is supposed to be submitted with in a day(what happens if i was traveling or couldn't check mail for a day)
After having best interview of life you can be thrown out(keep wondering what happened)
At last go to bombay from all over the country and may be then you would be told you are not selected.

To answer all your questions:
1) gi is elimination. Just because someone did something good earlier in life or scored well in a test, it does not define he/she is cut out to be an MBA from the top 10 bschool in India.
2) Why should we reveal our policy to everyone. Ever heard of "trade secret"??? I am proud to be in a college whose admissions process has such complexities (that is why so many parameters are taken into consideration). BTW, ever heard of harvard's admissions process. They select from essays and that too ppl are trying to figure since ages.
3) Confirmation was sent after slot booking to all. You should wonder why you didn't receive when 1800 others received.
4) While filling the slot, there were instructions on the login page which said come 2 hours in advance. Now you don't read can't be blamed on us.
5) The sheet was to be filled in 3 days. That was also extended for another 2 days. The link of the same was provided in the call letter. Again you didn't read, not our problem.
6) That was best for you, maybe not for us.
7) Its an opportunity for you to analyze teh b-school you are going to join. We are giving you a chance to make an informed decison, spending so much time an effort and that too is a problem???
And a suggestin!! Look at facts before commenting. Any further doubts, definitely ask. I shall be more happy to answer.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Sharadha,

I could gather from the post that results will be declared by last week of March. Kindly let us know when the course will commence in that case. In my company and most of IT companies now, notice period is 3 Months. It might create a problem for us later

Course for us started in mid june.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Shradha/Amit/Jasmeet

I had a few questions, would be great if you could shed some light.

1) Can you tell us about how the placements were for each of the specialization - average/median/highest salaries. I'm assuming placements happen as according to your specialization (i.e ppl with spec. in finance/IT/marketing would be sitting for respective companies/profiles and not be allowed to sit for others). Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm wrong would it mean a person with spec. say in IM can appear for placements in other domains (finanace, marketing.. atleast ITes?)

2) The average international salary ($39400 /annum) seems to be on the lower side...
It's a long list but I'd be extremely grateful if you could enlighten me here.
Kudos guys for all the good work.:cheerio:

For all such and many other questions we are having our Immersion Process.

Regards

Thanks for responding Jasmeet but I believe there will definitely be cases where someone may be unable to participate in immersion due to whatever personal reasons. I guess they shouldn't be left out now, should they? :)

Thanks a ton.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello Shraddha/ Amit,

Thanks for all the support that both of you have provided till now. A lot of us aspirants were under the impression that a final lot of mails would be sent out on 7th. However i cant find any individual informing about receipt of the immersion mail on 7th.

Pls confirm if only two lots of mails have been sent out.

Warm regds,
Abhinav

I can't understand what all this speculation is bringing. Check your individual results and thats it. Why are you all so interested in knowing the number of mails sent on which day? Obviously those are administrative issues and we can't reveal. Seriously, stop speculating and concentrate!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...