[2011-2013] IIM Calcutta PGDM, PGDCM Waitlist Discussions

435 Posts  ·  75 Users
About this group
Hi, Let's keep this thread solely for the purpose of waitlist tracking and relevant discussion. This way, we can keep the Final Results thread clean. Also, I browsed through last year's final converts thread and there was a lot of ...
Page 1 of 44

any chance of final convert...puys?

iim c pgdcm waitlist 17, general.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Just got a mail from the admissions office offering me admission in PGDCM.
"After activation of the wait-list, we are happy to inform you that you have been selected for the PGDCM programme of IIM Calcutta for the batch 2012-14"

I was among some 100 recipients of this mail (all were in the "To" field). My confusion is that I was NOT in the waitlist on the PGDCM results page. Also, aren't there only 41 seats on offer in PGDCM?

Is this some sort of prank??

dude enjoy and savor the moment. if its official obviously its no prank. ATB
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Just got a mail from the admissions office offering me admission in PGDCM.
"After activation of the wait-list, we are happy to inform you that you have been selected for the PGDCM programme of IIM Calcutta for the batch 2012-14"

I was among some 100 recipients of this mail (all were in the "To" field). My confusion is that I was NOT in the waitlist on the PGDCM results page. Also, aren't there only 41 seats on offer in PGDCM?

Is this some sort of prank??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
yeah... my bad... i remember now :)
it does make things a little confusing, maybe there's some factor that you (and all other w/lers) missed out on... anyway, you've joined L right?

EDIT : and trust me, i for one had truly lost hope of C (as would have most other gen pgdm w/lers)... it was a real surprise to get that email on 15th!

yuP HAVE joined L....it has been hectic evr since....dis has been the first weekend wen i am actually gettin time to do stuff oder dan things goin on in campus....wanted a C convert badly coz was very interested in FIN....but anyways il njoy loads in L too and hopefully come out well from HELL 😉 ....

Congrats to u and all odrs who made it....i knw evyone had lost hope....i felt happy wen the waitlist moved....happy dat alteast the first 10 who deserved the most went in.... 😃 njoy ur stay al JOKA man!! and hope to interact wid JOKA ppl in some fest or meet!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
dude i am amazed to c u posting a query like dat....u were a waitlister too and u knw wat analysis was goin on on this thread....i had posted the common converts long ago if u rember....u can chek up the posts and ul find the exact time and date....the analysis wich d waitlisters were doin...quite a few of us managed to get email ids from various sources....as for me...as i was one of the waitlister i got the email asking to apply for loan....wich all the waitlisters were sent....that email had the ids of all converts as well as waitlisters....so i used the ids from dere....

Der was hardly anyone who was following the waitlist as closely and analyzing so much stuff as i was doing....and i knw about the credibility of the info i am posting....wat happened was unfortunate for the other waitlisters who couldnt convert....but wen i got to knw that d seats are 211 instead of the 190 presumed earlier i was shell shocked!! could not understand wat... wer....how my analysis went wrong!! but it did....

Anyways the lessons learnt by me after goin thru all dis is dat....one should not rely on last years waitlist trends....things can get different on an yearly basis....and the other lesson is that dere is no point wasting time doing all the analysis (unless u want a timepass)....cz ultimately watevr results u come up wid may not be correct....so the best thing is jus chuck dat stuff n keep waiting for your number :)

yeah... my bad... i remember now :)
it does make things a little confusing, maybe there's some factor that you (and all other w/lers) missed out on... anyway, you've joined L right?

EDIT : and trust me, i for one had truly lost hope of C (as would have most other gen pgdm w/lers)... it was a real surprise to get that email on 15th!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
For info's sake, how did you manage to check their A converts? I believe you needed the email ids of the candidates too?

The max one could have done (and what we infact did, was to see the no. of C converts and A calls overlaps)

dude i am amazed to c u posting a query like dat....u were a waitlister too and u knw wat analysis was goin on on this thread....i had posted the common converts long ago if u rember....u can chek up the posts and ul find the exact time and date....the analysis wich d waitlisters were doin...quite a few of us managed to get email ids from various sources....as for me...as i was one of the waitlister i got the email asking to apply for loan....wich all the waitlisters were sent....that email had the ids of all converts as well as waitlisters....so i used the ids from dere....

Der was hardly anyone who was following the waitlist as closely and analyzing so much stuff as i was doing....and i knw about the credibility of the info i am posting....wat happened was unfortunate for the other waitlisters who couldnt convert....but wen i got to knw that d seats are 211 instead of the 190 presumed earlier i was shell shocked!! could not understand wat... wer....how my analysis went wrong!! but it did....

Anyways the lessons learnt by me after goin thru all dis is dat....one should not rely on last years waitlist trends....things can get different on an yearly basis....and the other lesson is that dere is no point wasting time doing all the analysis (unless u want a timepass)....cz ultimately watevr results u come up wid may not be correct....so the best thing is jus chuck dat stuff n keep waiting for your number 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
vbg Says
Regarding the data on 70 common converts...i did a manual chek on all the PGDM converts of C....and could see there A results....70 of them had got converts from A....

For info's sake, how did you manage to check their A converts? I believe you needed the email ids of the candidates too?

The max one could have done (and what we infact did, was to see the no. of C converts and A calls overlaps)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
IIMC is very transparent when it comes to admission process. As far as your analysis regarding the WL movement is concerned, can you give me a figure for Buffer Calls in the IIMA PGP GEN category?

I'm sure you wont get that data which makes it almost impossible to guess the actual movement.

Secondly, I dont know how you arrived at this figure of 70 common converts between A & C and 28 in case of B & C as the converts data/calls data of A & B is not available in the public domain. To the best of my knowledge, atleast the number you quoted for B & C common converts is way off the mark.

With regards to the last year statistics, I would like to say that please make your analysis before posting an opinion. Last year A & C had a similar criteria for the inital calls, which made the number of common converts to go up. I can assure you that last year's figure was nowhere close to this year's number. Difference in WL movement can be majorly attributed to this and partly to the changing perception among the aspirants.

And finally, I dont understand what better info can the AdCom provide you with. IIMC comes out with a PDF of calls/converts/Waitlist unlike our sister institutes to ensure complete transparency. If you are expecting the AdCom to provide you with an expected movement for each category, then that definitely is a long shot. They clearly have more important things to handle.

Regarding the data on 70 common converts...i did a manual chek on all the PGDM converts of C....and could see there A results....70 of them had got converts from A....and the 18 i mentioned as B & C common converts were for the ones which did not convert A...so the number may be more...as dere were ppl who had converted all 3....I could have made a mistake while manual checkin...but the errors would be 1or 2...nothin more...

And regarding the Adcom thing....wenevr dey were called and inquired about the Waitlist movement dey used to firmly say 'no movement would happen' ....jus before the movement happened people were told der wouldnt be any...and the very next day the movement happened and that too till WL 11....Anyways i am not blaming any individual or organisation....its just that i felt the whole waitlist movement process (and that is across all IIMs) should be a bit more transparent....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
And what about the 70 common converts in PGDM General Category between C & A????....as far as I know A's waitlist hasnt moved by more than 28...and even if we take all 28 of them have gone for C (which I dont presume is the case)...C's waitlist shudv moved by 42 coz of dat...plus 18 common converts b/w B & C....now its hard to believe dat der ws jus one guy joinin B over C....plus a movement of only 43 means der havnt been people who generally convert coveted calls outside and go for an MBA abroad...

Coupled with the fact that last year for 190 seats dere was a movement of 27+29+24 = 80 in general category alone....and this time for 211 seats only 43 ??? I feel dere is something wrong somewhere and we are missin some info....wish the process had been more transparent....doh i must admit across all IIMs...C's policy to come up with a list is pretty decent....but the waitlisters were nevr given correct info about the number of seats and the expected movement by the Admissions office....

IIMC is very transparent when it comes to admission process. As far as your analysis regarding the WL movement is concerned, can you give me a figure for Buffer Calls in the IIMA PGP GEN category?

I'm sure you wont get that data which makes it almost impossible to guess the actual movement.

Secondly, I dont know how you arrived at this figure of 70 common converts between A & C and 28 in case of B & C as the converts data/calls data of A & B is not available in the public domain. To the best of my knowledge, atleast the number you quoted for B & C common converts is way off the mark.

With regards to the last year statistics, I would like to say that please make your analysis before posting an opinion. Last year A & C had a similar criteria for the inital calls, which made the number of common converts to go up. I can assure you that last year's figure was nowhere close to this year's number. Difference in WL movement can be majorly attributed to this and partly to the changing perception among the aspirants.

And finally, I dont understand what better info can the AdCom provide you with. IIMC comes out with a PDF of calls/converts/Waitlist unlike our sister institutes to ensure complete transparency. If you are expecting the AdCom to provide you with an expected movement for each category, then that definitely is a long shot. They clearly have more important things to handle.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

And what about the 70 common converts in PGDM General Category between C & A????....as far as I know A's waitlist hasnt moved by more than 28...and even if we take all 28 of them have gone for C (which I dont presume is the case)...C's waitlist shudv moved by 42 coz of dat...plus 18 common converts b/w B & C....now its hard to believe dat der ws jus one guy joinin B over C....plus a movement of only 43 means der havnt been people who generally convert coveted calls outside and go for an MBA abroad...

Coupled with the fact that last year for 190 seats dere was a movement of 27+29+24 = 80 in general category alone....and this time for 211 seats only 43 ??? I feel dere is something wrong somewhere and we are missin some info....wish the process had been more transparent....doh i must admit across all IIMs...C's policy to come up with a list is pretty decent....but the waitlisters were nevr given correct info about the number of seats and the expected movement by the Admissions office....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...