[2011-13] XIME Bangalore Admissions

933 Posts  ·  237 Users
About this group
*The Admission Notification for XIME, Bangalore for the academic year 2011-13 is out.* XIME Application Form and Programme Brochure may be obtained from XIME on payment of *Rs.1000/- in cash or DD favouring 'XIME Bangalore' payable at Bangalo...
Page 1 of 94
www.raghavabbhi.com | My take on CAT: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/all-i-wanted-to-speak-about-cat-25002933/6315307
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Looks as if much has been talked about when I was not around :lookround::lookround:

@Seniors : Now that all the lists are out can we know the Seats and call ratio ?

Asked this just out of curiosity

By the way it is 1:5 for SDM-IMD and 1:10 for K.J. Somaiya !!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys any idea abt the placement scenario at XIME this yr???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Seniors or puys,

Any idea,regarding the time of intimation of rescheduling of GD/PI dates.
I have to book the tickets for Bangalore.Since my gd pi is on 16th march but i hav asked to reschedule,so really dunno by wot tym will I get to know if it got rescheduled or not...

Thanks in advance..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
DATE - 6-3-2011

PLACE AND SLOT -
Chennai - 6PM

PROFILE:

Acads:
X - 85 %
XII- 95%
Undergrad Major - 8.02/10

Work-Ex:14 months
NIL/Sector - Number of Years

CAT/XAT/ATMA Score -
CAT - 92.37

GD
Topic:Libelarising furthur for accelerated growth of economy
Number of Ppl present -14
Time: around 10 mins
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:They said they did not have any topic and asked us to generate some topics. Discussion was interrupted by the panel if it got messy. So if v want to talk no one will stop.
Other Salient Details: At the end each was given 30secs to tell their views.
Your views about the GD: GD was good.

PI:
No of people in the pannel -3
Questions Asked:Few others who went beofre me got qns like exports and imports of India. But to me it was just questions from my form.
1.I had abbreviated my dad's designation and post. They asked what that stands for and what work is done there etc
2. My mom's designation was SS. He asked theres a famous expansion for SS in 2nd world war. Do u know it. I said i dono. Also he asked how do u expect us to understand all these abbreviations, I said there was not much space.
3. Did u have any arrear in UG
4. Will u quit ur job?
5.Why u think u should be selected in XIME.

Your views about the PI: there was no general MBA qns for anyone. Many statistics qns for others. Dono how they r judging.

MISC.
Any other relevant detail.

Any tips/suggestions for GD/Essay and PI: Keep all the nos like GDP inflation import export budget in finger tips. No tell me abt urself stuffs al. Be prepared for abstract qns.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey puys, when are the results going to be out?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey wht is this track in GDPI letter???

MSW Disability Studies & Action,TISS Mumbai || 2012-2014 || FB- https://www.facebook.com/deepansh.saxena
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Seniors, I have a work-ex of 14 months in a BPO but post-class XII. Hence, I had a gap of 2 years b/w XII n Engg. But, I have not mentioned it under the "Work-Ex(If Any)" category in the XIME application form as I didnt know that BPOs are considered for work-ex by B-Schools. What should I do now to bring their notice towards this issue because a Work-Ex will certainly add substance to my above-average profile? Moreover, it will fill my 2-years gap period effectively. Also, how am I going to get separated from the freshers as my application form is the same as theirs. Shall I make a call or write to them...confused !!!

CAT-84.96
X-86%
XII-73.2%

My GD/PI date is 16th March. Help me asap.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
plz any1 help me out...i want to know the weightage for xat score, gdpi, acads and work x for final selection..

interview on 17th of march, bangalore...9 am to 11am ....

hey i hv d same slot! 😃 wats ur track, i hv been given track b.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Puys..

Can nebdy tell me wot r d dates for GD/PI @ bangalore centre?My GD/PI is on 16th march,but because of an important office meeting I need to change the Date..

Also are the authorities entertaining any GD/PI date change request?
Has nebdy done it yet?If so,then wotz the procedure?
plss help..

Thanks in advance

The dates for GD/PI in Bangalore are - 16 - 23 March 2011 & 26 - 28 March 2011.

I had called XIME for rescheduling. They told me to send a mail on admissions@xime.org and they will consider rescheduling if the reason is genuine enough.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...