[2011-13] SIOM Merit List

846 Posts  ·  128 Users
About this group
All the final call getters/wait listed candidates, Kindly use this thread the continue the discussions !!!
Page 1 of 85

Hello every1!!
I m doin MBA-IT @ SICSR & hav managed to clear my wait-list today @ SIOM!
Will it be a wise decision 2 join now, considering 1 & a half months has already passed..how much has passed on wid d course??? n wat iz d scene like for fresher, like me? plz help ASAP, & be frank about your reply..

Hrishikesh || Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management || Class of '13
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got a mail from SIOM yesterday saying that I have been offered admission and that I gotta be present at the campus on July 18 with a cheque of 2 lacs odd plus a smile on my face. Kinda surprising considering that I switched jobs and cities to forget about any MBA after the many rejects of the season. However yours truly aint joining now. Good luck to one and all.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Seniors and my maybe batch mates ,

Today I received the offer letter for admission in SIOM.
But when I checked the SIOM shortlist page, it says that I have not been shortlisted. May I please know whether I am really shortlisted or not?

My second confusion lies with the fact that I have already taken admission in IISWBM, Kolkata for MBA (Core). Shall I change my bschool to SIOM?

And the last question I want to ask is that whether classes for 2011-2013 batch have already started and when?

I would much appreciate if you kindly reply to my query.

IISWBM MBA (DAY) 2011-2013.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Even I got offer letter from SIOM today. They have asked to pay the fee on or before 1st July. I am working and have a notice period of 1 month. I have already started preparations for next year. I am confused what to do.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Seniors,

I received an offer letter for MBA(Operations) program from SIOM's admission office on June 25, 2011.
I've been asked to report to SIOM campus on 1st July 2011 with a DD of Rs.2,06,525(initial payment) for confirming my admit.
I'm currently employed at Tata Consultancy Services and in order to relieve myself from the duties, I need to serve a notice period of 30 days. If I join after serving my notice period then I will be having a backlog on a considerable part of the ongoing lectures as the classes have already begun on 13th June.
I've a few queries related to this as listed below -
a)Would there be extra classes conducted in order to clear the backlog for students like me who are joining late?

b)I believe there will be some evaluation in the coming weeks on the lectures which have been conducted already. If I'm joining in late then will I be evaluated on the basis of these sessions which I didn't attend ? I want to know what is the weight age of these evaluations.

I've shot mail to admission@siom.in but still want to get an idea from seniors.

Cheers!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I got a mail from SIOM yesterday about being shortlisted....have to pay Fees before 23rd June but I am having counseling at NPTI faridabad on 28th June(not sure of conversion)...and the end result is CONFUSION

Is the money refundable at SIOM at this point of time when classes have been started...or they aren't?
Seniors and fellow inSIOMniacs please help...

hi...as i am not very sure about it, request you to kindly clarify the same by contacting the admissions office...call them up tomo aftr 10...

Cheers
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got a mail from SIOM yesterday about being shortlisted....have to pay Fees before 23rd June but I am having counseling at NPTI faridabad on 28th June(not sure of conversion)...and the end result is CONFUSION

Is the money refundable at SIOM at this point of time when classes have been started...or they aren't?
Seniors and fellow inSIOMniacs please help...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

yah seats r still vacant i got a call day b4 yesterday good luck

Hi,
Is there any chance that if seats are left vacant, college will come up with a new shortlist.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,
Is there any chance that if seats are left vacant, college will come up with a new shortlist.

Yes ( Personal Opinion )
Cheers !!
DB
Student Coordinator | Corporate Relations & Admissions | MBA Class of '13 | SIOM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...