[2010] Which B schools should you apply to?

4,074 Posts  ·  974 Users
About this group
An idea that was started by *pranav10 *which ran into a good 4 years and helped most aspirants make informed decisions about the B schools they wished to apply to.Please find below the link to the old thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat...
Page 1 of 408
@ All

Please check following things :

1. This thread is not meant for COMPARISON of B-Schools not even in the name of guiding aspirants. Kindly PM the user if you want to give him/her the comparative view , but please do not post on thread.

2. No mudslinging on any college in the name of it's rankings in any of the rankings published often in various sources.

3. No discussion of any non PG Ranking.

4. No discussion of PG rankings. For any query on PG Rankings, please make use of follwoing thread http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pagalguy-b-school-rankings-2011-the-results-25065979

Request all to refrain from any post which violates the forum rules.

Regards
Varun
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
well on one hand u say iim's i m coming and then u ask for srcc and mfc
anyways srcc course is a new one with very little value i would say..as for now give your whole hearted attempt at cat and think about college later

hi friend i know iims are still the top destination for any mba aspirants irrespective of the field he chooses to enter (marketing finance etc). but due to this mad rush some of the prominent institutes have lost their shine and mfc comes on top in this list. with a sole focus on finance this is one of the well diversified rigrous but underrated program. it is at par with any iims or other top notch b skl (not getting into comparisions). it is regarded equivalent to ms in finance from london school of economics. so if at call criteria changes and it frees itself from the cruthches of past acedimic record, it is one of the most sought after b skl for me and most probably other finance aspirants who have average acedimics like me.

regarding the srcc it is a brand to be associated with and a dream for a commerce student to study in. it lags behind some of the other institutes due to less advertising and short inception time. but the placements are on the rise and srcc brand is for life. this year ias topper is from srcc and the faculties there are great with decent infrastructure. roi and its local location are also on my mind.

these words are not to undermine any institute or to hurt someone feeling. iims are and will continue to serve inpiration for aspirants like us but due to their conflicting criteria we have to have some options.
i hope i do make sense.
kindly revert on any additional information about mfc and srcc
thanks
@abhimukh19
Thanks,

but if I go by what U say on comparisons,then Home - PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2011 should not have been here.

Secondly, I have just replied to a querry giving link to published research by ET, pg & others, judgement to be drawn by the reader and needs are different.

Thirdly Right to express is equally reciprocated politely unlike you

Bye

Sir I have no problems , whatever way you are guiding aspirants , but when you say rankings are Facts , the whole premise is wrong , and i think with your experience you know that better than me

All d best :)

PS: Your font size is also not polite 😃 , and a request comparisons only lead to arguments ,not conclusions, i hope you agree with me on this 😃
IMI PGDM 2010-12 | CAT 2009- 95.15 
------------------------------------------------------------
ET are Facts, Rankings on pagalguy are facts, check out yourself.

The research is not mine but published data from experts, my facts are right because i have visited many of these as well as industry.

Even then i prevail to emphasise the these are cues to give you a direction but importantly one must have an insight into one's Functional Choice, Domain Preference out of own SWOT, varify decision on field by visiting such b-schools, and decide professionaly not notionaly. Its not about employement its about employability in the longer run

Girls are not professional problem but equal competition , they make you smarter though.

Ajay, i agree with u on the SWOT analysis and how one shud choose where to go based on his /her ambitions. I understand that u want to say that check the facts and take ur decision considering the facts and one's career goals....But when u claim that ET rankings are facts they arent. ET rankings are crap... thats all i mean to say..
Pradhar

i was referring to IIM Kolkatta not Kozhi
Not to start any major confrontation here,

But the same ET rankings you quote had SIBM at rank 4 ahead of IIM C and NMIMS at 6 and a lot of other dubious rankings given. In the PG community at least quoting ET rankings does not hold a lot of good :]

i was referreing to IIM Kolkatta, and not kozi

@abhimukh19
Thanks,

but if I go by what U say on comparisons,then Home - PaGaLGuY B-school Rankings 2011 should not have been here.

Secondly, I have just replied to a querry giving link to published research by ET, pg & others, judgement to be drawn by the reader and needs are different.

Thirdly Right to express is equally reciprocated politely unlike you

Bye

The research is not mine but published data from experts, my facts are right because i have visited many of these as well as industry.

Even then i prevail to emphasise the these are cues to give you a direction but importantly one must have an insight into one's Functional Choice, Domain Preference out of own SWOT, varify decision on field by visiting such b-schools, and decide professionaly not notionaly. Its not about employement its about employability in the longer run

Girls are not professional problem but equal competition , they make you smarter though.

Sir this thread is not for discussing rankings neither rules on PG allow comparisons between b schools , there are a lot of students , alumni of various b-schools here , who are ready to give there views and help aspirants here

And while your are stating rankings are facts , then your definition of facts is wrong , facts are consistent , definite and point to the same direction , where as there are different results in 100's of rankings in India
IMI PGDM 2010-12 | CAT 2009- 95.15 
Are u talking about what i wrote about ET or what i wrote about FMS.... If ur talkign about ET.. my friend u have no idea whats going arnd... IMT ranked so high.. even MDI....so get ur facts right....

If ur talking about what i wrote abou girls... ya may be thesee are my notions but again u can check by asking any IIM A B C guy

Ifur talking about the FMS vs IIM thing.. yup i agree totally. these are my views but thats the reason i have put in these so that I know what the views of others are... I am not brainwashing them as u have put it in ur thread......

ankitdureja Says
thanks a lot friend for ur encouraging words. they are more than a mere piece of information. i hope it serves as a great motivation for me to build up my cat score and get a call from these prestigious college. i assure u of my full commitment from my side . so iim's i am coming(being confident and not the over one). and friend plz through some light on the srcc and mfc. thanks a lot friend and best of luck to u.

SRCC and MFC are good courses. Actually all colleges are good but good here is a relative term so they may be good w.r.t. some colleges and may not be good w.r.t. others. At this stage focus should be to prepare well for written and gdpis. Try to clear more and more colleges so that you have good options..then we can compare and find out which is better...