[2010] Student Answer Queries @IMT-Dubai

939 Posts  ·  234 Users
About this group
So here we r d 1st batch of IMT Dubai Its almost 3 months since we arrived in dubai......... Life has totally changed.....late nite studies,presentations,assignments,case studies,seminars n all..........welcum 2 d world of management........do...
Page 1 of 94

What's the status for 2020 one year program in IMT Dubai?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI I have 6 yrs of experience with a BE background and got a call from IMT Dubai for this year. Can you please confirm if it a right  decision to invest time and money in IMT dubai for MBA. Plz plz suggest and help me. What is the current scenario of job mkt. in Dubai and how is the visa status for international students. Need to take a decision at the earliest. You can send your responses at shivali.2026@gmail.com 

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
SHIVIG
@SHIVIG  ·  0 karma

Thanks for the suggestion. i haven't given GMAT. i have an ielts score of 6.5 and i have the following selections in hand can you suggest:  1.Univ of Wollongong dubai, 2. AUD auckland, 3. massey new zealand, 3. SIM Singapore. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ThePrincetonReview
@ThePrincetonReview  ·  599 karma

@SHIVIG HI, I would suggest you either go for IMT Dubai or Wollongong.

http://goo.gl/hpmXBk

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey Lisa,
Thank you so much for your reply.
I have a few queries.
1) I wish to take up my specialization in operations. I want to know what are the placement packages offered to operations students and how many students those who have taken up dis concentration have got placed.
2) And is it possible for me to get in touch with students from this specialization from your batch through Facebook.
3) Could you also throw some light on Exchange program.
4) Hey Lisa it would really be very grateful if you provide me with the true picture of the scenario at IMTD at present. Because am really confused and worried whether should i pick up this MBA or not since it is a big investment. Can u also please tell me if marketing and retail management at IMTD has more value and whether companies prefer recruiting marketing people as compared to operation?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hii...lisa

Sorry...i was unaware about double posting rules.....i am quite new to paglalguy:lookround:.....and i understand that apart from answering our queries you have lot more other things to do.....we very much appreciate your efforts by taking out time from your buzy schedule during such a strenuous period........ tons of thanx....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Spandee, Raffin and Adith,

Thank you for expressing your concerns.

I would like to once again make it clear that 'imtdubaix' is an extremely frustrated and immature person who finds it easier to vent out on a public forum, bring bad name to himself/herself, peers, juniors and the Institute rather than show the maturity that is expected of an adult MBA graduate.

Yes. Five people have been placed in Dubai. More are expected to be placed within the next month once our exams are over. We are currently in the process of giving our end of semester examinations.

Yes, Dr. Abhilasha is right. IMT creates the opportunity and the students have to sell themselves. Competition in the UAE market is extremely high. We compete with various nationalities and people with varying degrees of qualifications for a job.

The placements are still on going especially in India. It will continue to do so even after the semester ends for the students who wish to be placed in India.

Let me make it clear to everyone what the situation is : Everyone, I am sure, is aware of the Economic recession. And to say the least, it is common knowledge that Dubai was badly hit. There has been recovery in the past months, but there are still steeping drops once in a while.

The financial sector, especially, has not recovered completely, the demand is in the area Marketing and Sales. Dubai is a global trading hub. Despite the weakness in the financial sector in UAE, our placement team has been able to engage several good companies including HSBC (India), Mashreq (for Dubai), Rivoli, Reckitt Benckiser etc. I do not know who all you've been asking your queries to. But I can assure you that a lot of students in my batch have given their placement preference as India. The India placement is on going and will be continuing in India once our semester is over as we are having our exams right now.

Once again, I am trying to provide you with all the information as I have. The placement season is not over and will continue to proceed even after the end of the semester to enable the students to find suitable placements.

Please be informed that there is no issue of lack of transparency. I am telling you how it is.

Adith, we here on PG, representing IMT are just normal students, and there is no need to be rude, we are not avoiding you. We are not running away.

My end semester exams are going on and it is very crucial that I study too so that I may get my MBA degree. Politeness is a virtue. And I will properly answer if you ask me properly.

Rather than asking 'imtdubaix' who is not even willing to disclose his/her identity, because they know they are in big trouble, kindly ask me or Ankur. You are more than welcome to PM us.

Hope I have been of help! You can ask us your queries without hesitation, but give us time to respond as we have commitments that require our attention too in these next few days.

Forgive me for the delay.

Cheers,
Lisa James
Class of 2011

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

u online.....?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Yea, need clarity in order to make firm decision. We require stats, so that there is some assurance upon completing the course. Wouldn't want a situation of struggling to re-pay the loan. If not for stats put forth the facts in bulletins, there is nothing wrong in telling frankly about negatives. Positives- we are finding lots giving rosy picture.
During my PI (Bangalore), Dr. Abhilasha Singh gave introduction about IMT Dubai. She mentioned about Sony recruitment that was going on and out of 75 students only 5 got through 1st round. She mentioned students have to sell themselves and IMT creates opportunity.

What I want to know is the list of opportunities IMT created for 2011 placements. I am aware that April end placement season ends, just provide me tentative figures so that I can make my decision. I am showing signs of urgency for reason that May 5th is the last day for payment. Hope you understand and share me the solution at the earliest. It is not only an eye opener for me but for all aspirants.

Thanks,
Adhith S
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey raffin,
I have da same queries. Have u applied for the sep 2011 batch?
What did the other students of IMT Dubai tel u?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hii...ankur

loads of thanx for being so patient with answering the queries.......

but i contacted a lot of guys who are currently studying in IMT-D through facebook, gtalk, and yahoo....all of them are very much worried about placements ...their unison view is creating a confusion plus the college is also not open with proper stats about placements ( the only stat which is popular is only 5 are placed in the complete batch currently)....see its making miserable for me and lot of other IMT-D aspirers in taking a concrete decision....i am in contact with around 10 wanna-be students who are wishing to take admission if the smoke of placements controversy is getting cleared.....i know i am talking to the right person who might solve this puzzle...HELP..!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Both this thread and this one - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/imt-dubai-official-admissions-thread-25060824 - are being answered predominantly by one person. Which one should be closed? Please PM me.

I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...