[2010-2012] MHCET GD/PI Discussion

468 Posts  ·  162 Users
About this group
*I've been desperately wanting to start with my gd pi preparation but i don't know where to start, I'm sure most of us are in a fix due to the same reason, we'd like to discuss various topics and questions which will be asked in the PI, Seniors pl...
Page 1 of 47

People as the GDPI sessions have been over,please continue on this thread for further discussions:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mhcet-2010-written-test-results-out-25052440

New threads will be opened after the results are out on 9th :)

Thread Closed.

Captain, PG Dream Team 2010 | CAT 11 - 100%ile | CET 10 - Rank 1 (211/240) | Co-founder Learningroots
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
wannabemba1000 Says
My question still remains unanswered. Are there cut off marks for every round??

There are cutoffs for every round.

For e.g. Lets say a college declares its cutoff at 160 at the end of 1st round. It means those who have 160 and above and have put that college in preference form, have secured admission in that college. Its upto them to accept or reject that offer.

Now there are 2 possibilities. Either all those who have got that college will take admission or few seats will remain vacant.

If all seats are filled, further allotment for that particular college stops. If some seats are still vacant, people will get chance to apply for that college in second round. So it may very well happen that in second round, someone with 158 will also make it to that particular college.

So either cutoff of round 1 remains as final cutoff for that year, or decreases in further rounds till seats are filled.

Hope the picture is clear.
Chief Mentor @ IMS | JBIMS '11 | CAT 99.92 | CET 99.99 | NMAT 270
hi puys,
I went thru the allotment list and found that coleges like welingkar and somaiya have OHU Open students with overall marks as low as 162. This is in the third round. Does that mean the cutoff was 162 for these colleges?? with an overall score of 160 can i expect admission in top 10 colleges under CET??

tom.cruise508 Says
Hey, the 162 was for last year. This year the cut-offs will be much higher.:-( you cannot compare this year's score to any of the past years'. By the way, where did you find the allotment list?

My question still remains unanswered. Are there cut off marks for every round??
tom.cruise508 Says
Hey, the 162 was for last year. This year the cut-offs will be much higher.:-( you cannot compare this year's score to any of the past years'. By the way, where did you find the allotment list?

www.dte.org.in/webmbacet2009/frmInstituteList.aspx
hi puys,
I went thru the allotment list and found that coleges like welingkar and somaiya have OHU Open students with overall marks as low as 162. This is in the third round. Does that mean the cutoff was 162 for these colleges?? with an overall score of 160 can i expect admission in top 10 colleges under CET??

Hey Puys,,,

When do we need to fill the option form??? By what time we wil get the final allotments???? Coz i couldn't find these details on DTE website...
Also it plays a very important role if u need to serve the notice period after resignation....

Please reply ASAP...

The proper dates of this has not been announced yet..
Fakhruddin Godhrawala - SIBAR Pune | Sinhgad
g@p
@g@p  ·  0 karma

Hey Puys,,,

When do we need to fill the option form??? By what time we wil get the final allotments???? Coz i couldn't find these details on DTE website...
Also it plays a very important role if u need to serve the notice period after resignation....

Please reply ASAP...

hi puys,

@saurabh- dont worry dude in all probability cut off wont go upto 198, it ll hover around 195. This year the problem is that there are a lot of students placed between 160 and 165 so every single mark in gdpi will make a hell lot of difference and also i guess d number of aspirants this year are less(around 105000) as compared to last year (around 120000). Correct me if i am wrong

hey guys,

i will be opting for specialization in finance, can anyone tell me some colleges in mumbai which are good for finance???