[2010-2012] IIT Kanpur IME Final results out

324 Posts  ·  70 Users
About this group
Final results out pls check Search M IN ATB to all
Page 1 of 33
Hi Friends,

What is this adding and dropping in the academic calendar??

Hi Harshad,
Institute allows students to change their elective courses after the commencement of classes. The time frame is about a week and this process is called add-drop.
Since MBA first sem has all mandatory courses you won't need this during your first sem.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Friends,

What is this adding and dropping in the academic calendar??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone.

There is an update at the orientation website. Posting here the link.

Counselling Service

It's an anti ragging undertaking. Please take a printout of the documents and get that signed by your parents.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanks for the exhaustive list of things to note :)

Bas ek baat aur.. when is the next time we would be coming back home ? would we able to come back before diwali or it would be after that ?

There will be a week of mid sem break around Dusherra.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Bas ek baat aur.. when is the next time we would be coming back home ? would we able to come back before diwali or it would be after that ?

You would be coming home from Oct 10-Oct 17... Have attached the academic calendar for this year...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Friends, all of u would be travelling to Kanpur in a few dayz... Wish u all a very happy journey ... and some pointers which might help u:

1) Anything that u purchase within the campus can be found cheaper outside - simple law of economics... whatever is easier for u to procure is usually costlier Be it bicycles or books, if possible, try to get them from outside. There are a couple of bicycle shops just outside the campus... even there you would be spending a 100 bucks less...

2) Beds, a Study Table, 2 chairs and a cupboard is what you get in your room in the hostel - no mattresses or pillows.

3) Better u buy laptops from a metro (Del/Mum/Blr/Chennai) bcos Kanpur rates are higher. Laptops are not compulsory, however.
For course work only MS Office (and a few small applications) is required. Dont spend big bucks on a computer thinking u need a mean, all-guns blazing machine for coursework.

4) I think you already know this one - U will get a high-speed LAN connection in da campus. No need to splurge on a data card.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Friends, all of u would be travelling to Kanpur in a few dayz... Wish u all a very happy journey ... and some pointers which might help u:

1) Anything that u purchase within the campus can be found cheaper outside - simple law of economics... whatever is easier for u to procure is usually costlier Be it bicycles or books, if possible, try to get them from outside. There are a couple of bicycle shops just outside the campus... even there you would be spending a 100 bucks less...

2) Beds, a Study Table, 2 chairs and a cupboard is what you get in your room in the hostel - no mattresses or pillows.

3) Better u buy laptops from a metro (Del/Mum/Blr/Chennai) bcos Kanpur rates are higher. Laptops are not compulsory, however.
For course work only MS Office (and a few small applications) is required. Dont spend big bucks on a computer thinking u need a mean, all-guns blazing machine for coursework.

4) I think you already know this one - U will get a high-speed LAN connection in da campus. No need to splurge on a data card.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello Seniors !!
I have heard there are pretty good foreign language courses are offered at IITK. Could you tell me whether learning a foreign language would enhance my profile or not.
If it helps my CV which language should one go for french or german??

French, German, Russian, Spanish etc are taught in the campus (However, a minimum number of students for each course are required to initiate a batch)... Surely you would have an edge in MNCs, and firms with clients in these countries... as they would be requiring people fluent in these languages.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Seniors !!
I have heard there are pretty good foreign language courses are offered at IITK. Could you tell me whether learning a foreign language would enhance my profile or not.
If it helps my CV which language should one go for french or german??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi can any one tell me where do we have to report? in the website reporting for UG students is mentioned at the hall alloted to them. so wat about pg students..
Thanks,
Manish

Report at the Hall Allotted. Pehle rehne aur khaane ka intezaam dekha jaayega... padhaai likhaai to hoti hi rahegi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...