[2010 - 2012] IIMA PGP Essay/PI Experiences

95 Posts  ·  87 Users
About this group
Interviews in Delhi have started from 13th.. yesterday.... guys let us know ur Pi Essay experiences... We can the following format Profile : X - XII - GPA - College Work Ex - CAT % - QA - DI - VA - Tot...
Page 1 of 10
Hello Puys.... I know I should have posted my IIMA Essay-PI experience much before. It was a kind of stress interview for me and was disappointed. After 5 years, 4 cats, 4 xats, 2 jmets, 3 fmss, 1 nmat and 1 gmat and nearly a 100 mockcats later the WIMWI dream has come true for me...But today I converted and realised that they were actually checking how I was reacting to the situation. I hope this proves really useful atleast for our juniors. Before putting my experience, let me thank pagalguy for all the support for the past 5 years:

My profile is as follows:

CAT'09: Q:98.33 L:97.19 V:96.50 Overall:99.34
2.5 years work ex in the Technology side of a MNC bankBTech from NIT, Trichy. CGPA: 7.15|XII:90.8(CBSE)X:92.6(CBSE)
My calls:IIMs: A, L, K and MDI

I had an AIR of 201 in National Science Olympiad during my school days and was also involved in some CSR activities.

I had my interview on April 4 2010 in Bangalore.

My essay topic was whether Chandrayan was money well spent or a unnecessary diversion of our country's resources.

Please note that I am no way related to Nashik.

Let the interviewers be P and me be M.

P: Tell me the meaning of your name.
M: Told

P: Do you know where is Nashik?
M: Yes Sir, maharashtra.

P: Which river flows through Nashik? How did nashik get its name?
M: I dont know Sir.

P: Connect Nashik, Haridwar, Ujjain and Allahabad.
M: Kumbhammela Sir.

P: Where was the recent Kumbhmela held?
M: I think Haridwar Sir.

P: Are you sure?
M: Swami Nityananda who was in the news recently was in Haridwar Sir. So I think it is Haridwar Sir.

P: So, you are from Electrical & Electronics Engineering right? Tell me how you can reduce Transmission and distribution losses? What is the formula for Transmission loss?

P: Tell me the principle of operation of an Oil circuit breaker.
M: Told. But not very convincingly.

P:So where do you work?

P: ( They did not ask anything about my work ex. Continued with my acads) You have taken Sanskrit in your Class X right? ( He had checked my marklist). So how much of it do you still remember?
M: I do remember but not in touch.

P: What is the meaning of "XXX". ( I dont remember what is the word)

P: Ok. Then tell me what did u like in Sanskrit?
M: I liked Lakaras.

P: Tell me how many Lakaras are there?
M: I know 4 but I dont remember how many are there in total. But I think there are atleast 8.

P: Ok. What were your favourite subjects in EEE?
M: I liked Digital Sir.

P: Why do people generally like Digital over Analog?
M: Did not answer convincingly.

P: Ok tell me what is the formula for Fourier Transforms?

P: What is the formula for inverse fourier transforms?

P: How do we use Fourier Transforms in reducing harminics in digital circuits?
M: I dont know sir. ( In retrospect, I think since harmonics are of high frequencies and fourier transformation is used for time-frequency domain conversion, we can easily isolate harmonics. I am not sure though about this answer)

P: You should be knowing this. This is used in LCD Tvs.
M: Yes, Sir.

P: What was your final year project about? And what was your contribution?
M: Told.

P: Did you implement it? And did u use any softwares?
M:Yes Sir. MATLAB.

P: What was the full form of MATLAB.
M: I am not sure. Sir. But I think it is Mathamatical laboratory.

P: Are u sure? Dont guess.
M: I am not sure Sir. ( Actually, it is Matrix Laboratories, I think)

P: What is a Lathe?
M: (Should have answered it is a cutting tool and that it was not a part of EEE.) It was not a part of EEE syllabus

P: Engineering is not an isolated field. You should have an idea about other subjects also.
M: Yes Sir.

P: What other subjects do you like in EEE?
M: Electrical Machines.

P: What is an impeller?
M: I dont know Sir. ( It is actually a mechanical thing. Not taught in EEE).

P: Ok we are done. You can leave.
M: Thank you Sirs.

I came out disappointed that they did not ask anything about my hobbies and work experience. I had a head ache for the rest of the day.

The interview lasted 15 mins.They did not smile throughout the interview. But I think holding my nerves and smiling along with my Class X and XII performances + college brand name + work experience did the trick which convinced them to give me the admit.

Puys, please feel free to ask any queries.

Trichy at the risk of sounding.. harsh.. i think college brand and percentages are somthing that every other guy in IIMA will have so i think the only differentiating factor must have been your experience and the fine points of ur interview, which as an interviewee u might have missed but the interviewer may not have..anyways congrats..and will meet ya.. in WIMWI..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIM A interview
6th april 8.45am

Profile:
10th : 91
12th : 91
Undergrad: B.E(Hons) BITS,Pilani
CGPA: 8.7/10

Work ex: 6 months

CAT 2009
Quant: 98.33
DI: 96.22
Verbal: 98.19
OA: 99.45

Extra curricular : NTS scholarship
Won techfest at IIT B and NIT surathkal, BITS Pilani Goa Campus
Scholarship at BITS goa.

Interview and Essay:
Venue: Monarch Luxor
Date: 6.04.2010
Course: PGP
Reached the venue by 8. Had some discussion with the people present. Read the newspaper

Essay:
Topic: Inspite of having a billion people we are not a sports power
Prep: 3/5
Essay 3/5
First para on why sport is important. Mentioned lack of facilities, people busy sustaining themselves don't have time for sports,everybody wants to be a cricketer. Completed the essay in time.

I was the first one to go. It all happened very fast. I had just finshed the essay and gone upstairs to drink water when they called me.
Two profs P1 and P2
I enter. Hand over the certificates.
P1: Tell me about your work
Me: Was nervous. Told something regarding making applications etc and said client was in Europe.
P1: How many people work in your clients company and where are its offices
Me: Said I didn't know how many people in clients company. My company has 973. Told offices were in spain,London ,dubai and eygpt. Told more about my type of interaction with only one person offshore.
P1: Tell me about the evnt you won in(Foxhunt)
Me: Told
P1: What is foxhunt in reality how it is done
Me: Said hunting in general. They had dhols ringing and corner animals
P1: But what about fox hunting in particular
Me: Sir I know it is banned. Don't know how its done.
P2: What is laplace transform
Me:Told
P2: Where is it used?
P2:What is fourier transform and where it is used?
P2: How come you do integration twice to get inverse laplace and laplace both?
Me: I said the formula is correct and both are integration. The sign of power of 'e' is different
P2: Where is fourier used?
Me: told
P2?What is difference between laplace and fourier?
Me: Don't know
P2: What is your favourite subject
Me: Electrical sciences 1
P2: What was taught.
Me: I said circuit analysis and general electronics pn junction,bjt etc
P2: Tell me what is Kirchof laws?
P2: Give me a real life example apart from electronics where they are used?
Me : Thought for some time. Started saying about energy put into a machine to produce different products will be equal to energy need to make the two products on different machine
P1: Energy is not fully converted. First Law of thermodynamics
Me: I said yes. Example not correct. Hopefully at this time P2 was answering the door
P2: (He is back) examples
Me: I said if we have to produce pencils and put different leads(red,black) then the number of wooden raw material initially used will be equal to pencils totally produced.
P2: How is pencil made(put myself into a corner here)
Me: the lead is made and then wood is pressed on to it
P2: Lead will break. What is it made of anyway?
Me: Graphite
P2: How will you create leads from graphite
Me: Take a block of graphite and break into pieces and then shape
P2: Ok if you don't know pencil the explain pen
Me: I said the body of a pen is cast. If we have bigger plastics it could be blown.
P2: Do we cast?
Me: I think so. Ill explain about pencil only
I kept going from pen to pencil and back but didn't know
Finally
Me: Sir I don't know properly
P1: Its ok. Yu are not supposed to know coming from an electronics background
P1: What do you read?
Me: I said science fiction(asimov),fantasy novel(lord of the rings,hobbit) and classics (Wuthering height and gone with the wind)
No questions on the books
P1: What newspaper do you read?
Me: ToI
P1: Tell me which are the authors on the centre page?
Me: Shobha De, Jug suraiya,Swaminomics,speaking tree
P1: Who writes speaking tree
Me: Different people. Not fixed
P2: Is jug suraiya still writing
Me: Yes sir. Sometime back I read his column on why he didn't attend the queens birthday
P2: that was a longtime ago
Me: yes. Recently he wrote on how ipl is stressing people,s muscles and causing injuries
P1: What is the name of swaminomics?
Me: S A aiyar
P1: full name
Me: Swaminathan ankaleskwar aiyar(it was anklesaria )
P1: don't you see an error in the name
Me: No sir. It's a name
P2: I don't see any error
P1: Where is ankaleshwar
Me:Aiyars are from tamilnadu. So maybe tamilnadu(It is in gujrat)
P1: Is it?
Me: Sir I am just making a guess. Don't know for sure
P1: to P2 Do you have something to asl
P2: No
Both: Thank you take a toffee
Me: While leaving I took their pad by mistake. Told me to return it
I gave it back and came out

Verdict: Converted

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

X - 93
XII - 85.2
GPA - 9.16
College Thapar University
Work Ex - 0

CAT % -
QA - 99.92
DI - 98.81
VA - 96.98

Total - 99.90

Any other special thing about you (like Olympiad,NTSE etc.) : NIL

Hobbies : Playing Cricket, Watchin friends

Essay Topic: FDI in indian education system--- boon or bane??
Time: 10 min
Any Other Details: was there in front page of that days newspaper!!!

PI Experience: i was the last person in panel.... so has to wait for a long time
panel was very friendly.... i was asked on Numerical Analysis a subject in second year..... nothing from electronics(i am electronics engineeer), nothing from current affairs and nothing of typical HR, like why mba or why not mba after job...... i was asked a lot on amritsar.. my native city... a little on my unique name "rahil"... my father is a doctor,, so they asked me difference bn ECG and EEG... cud tell just little... nthng about eeg. then they asked me about CAST of Anand movie(probabaly they connected it from my father being a doctor).... it was a small inteview of 10-15 min...

VERDICT: Selected!!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Profile :
X - 92
XII - 90.4
GPA - 8.06
College
Work Ex - 0

CAT % -
QA - 96.95
DI - 99.92
VA - 98.98

Total - 99.89

Any other special thing about you (like Olympiad,NTSE etc.) : Army SSB Cleared

Hobbies : Playing Volleyball, Following Indian Politics

Essay Topic: Are Gandhian Principles relevent today ?
Time: 10 mins
Any Other Details:

PI Experience:

P1: An Old Prof (Male)
P2: A Young Prof (Male)
M : Me (Tiger)

P1 comes out & calls my name .. Holds door open for me .. i thank him and follow him into the room ..
They wished good morning to me & i wished back ..
They asked me to sit .. I thanked & sat ..
P2: so you came by vehicle or came by walking? (Smiles) (Yes i am so happy that he noticed I am a locallite)
M: sir I came by walking .. (so happy i am !)
P2: so how does it feel I mean ..
M(interrupting !): yes sir it feels really good .. seeing this institute all the time I pass by .. It was like "this is where i want to go" .. It gives a lot of inspiration ..
P2: hmm good ..

P1 asks for my file and gets drowned in it ..
P2: soooooooooo this women's reservation bill .. women are 50% of our population and what is the need of this ? (Continues so m still quiet and nodding) What difference will it make ? Isnt it useless and bla bla bla (May be he was talking to himself) .. finally he stopped & gave me a chance to speak ..
M: answered that it is a step towards equality not sufficent but definitely one of the necessary steps .. & all that sort of gyan ..
P2: when was it first introduced? Do you know about it ?
M: sir it was introduced long back .. in 1990s era .. but then it kept facing constraints and it could not be passed in the parliament .. for example, when Mr .deve gowda was the PM, his government introduced the bill but now he himself walked out of the parliament when congress introduced it ! so politicians kept using it for their own benefits ..
P2: (P1 is lost in my certificates) Do you think will it make any impact? & again starts the long speech .. Somehow came to democracy .. do you think democracy is good ?
M: yes it's the best form of governance .. it's for the people and and by the people .. gives everybody a chance to choose who will govern them .. freedom .. equality etc.
P2: but we have seen that even countries which have autocracy have progressed well .. Like china ?
M: but sir, now china is also slowly moving towards being a republican country .. Democracy is the best ..
P2: give me an example of a successful democracy ..
M: US .. Although it took more than 200 years, they are a matured democracy now and a successful one ..
P2: but arent we facing problems ? what are the problems against India?
M: sir we certainly are facing many problems but we are progressing .. Although it is slow, democracy is the best of government .. the challenges that lie against India are inclusive growth .. Few percentage of people are getting benefitted from current growth and that base needs to be expanded .. For example, service industry which dominates our growth, includes very few percentage of people whereas more than 70% of people are indulged in agriculture & it produces very less .. Other than that naxalism, maoism are other challenges ..
P2(interrupting) : what is service industry share in our growth?
M: around 55% ..
P2: & agriculture?
M: 20% .. it is around 18 to 20% sir ..
P2: are naxalism & maoism different?
M: no sir, they are same ..
P2: ok .. only 2 problems ?
M: sir there are many more .. for example, sustaining current growth .. it is around 8% as of now and it will be difficult to sustain it .. Although our prime minister is confident about it ..
P2: what do you think is it actually possible? Can you trust politicians?
M: yes sir, if India tackles all challenges carefully then it is possible .. Dr. Manmohan Singh initiated the liberalisation process post 1991 and he is a very knowledgeable man .. we have to trust him ..

P2: ok you tell me what is the difference between a developed and a developing country? Give me 5 differences ..
M: growth .. Human development index .. Industrial output ..
P2: no industrial output and growth are all same ..
M: ok sir .. social welfare ..
P2: that is same as HDI ..
M: sir i can tell these much only ..
P2 signalling to P1 that he is done .. P1 finally comes alive .. He must have crammed all my marks by now ..
P1: so you are a computer engineer right?
M: yes sir .. (Proudly dont know why!)
P1: tell us which are your favourite subjects?
M: sir, data structures .. Software engineering .. I also presented a paper on ..
P1(interrupting) : yes I was looking to ask you on it (yeah go on man!) .. What was it ? Can you explain us that ? (My pleasure!)
P1 gave me a rough sheet .. Although I thought I will explain him in the air, now I had to draw something!
M: sir, in the paper, first of all I explained what Ad-hoc networks are .. (Then I explained it .. drew 6 nodes on paper & drew arbitrary ranges to show flow of data & all) .. then I explained what is the need of routing in ad-hoc networks & then sir, I discussed the routing algorithms ..
P1: what was your contribution to the field ? What new did your paper reveal?
M: sir, I discussed & compared various routing algorithms and concluded that which algorithm or protocol will work better in which situation ..
P1: did you not implement it? practically? (I gave a confused look) .. you should have done it practically by showing how actually communication happens instead of doing only theory .. u worked on only theory right ?
M:(stunned) yes sir it was a theoretical paper and i also presented a slide show ..
P1: but you should have applied it .. then you could have got the first prize .. You got this only certificate of appreciation .. you could have won the first prize (this he is stressing first) .. Practical application matters a lot .. Why did you not do it ?
M:(totally stunned): sir, I included practical examples in the paper and also simulated them in the presentation ..
P1(interrupting) : yes but you did not do it actually right? Why not?
M(what the hell): sir may be because it was not allowed .. (I am stupid) .. we were supposed to prepare a paper and present it on PowerPoint .. (I am more stupid)
P1: not allowed? (Gesturing by hand indicating what is that!) .. Anyway, there are 7 layers in networks right? Name them ..
M:(finally some relief) : named all of them perfectly ..
P1: good .. Now each layer has its own significance right? (I kept nodding) .. You tell me the work done by Session layer ..
(P2 is indifferent to these developments and is busy making his tea/coffee or something .. eating biscuits & all)
M: explained.. Maintaining sessions .. used to eliminate duplicate packets, timing sequence of packets .. (I may be wrong here but P1 was happy!) .. When 2 persons are chatting it is used .. we sometimes encounter a screen saying session expired and data concerned with it is carried through this layer .. (Finally P1 looked satisfied)
P1: ok have you heard of BBS? (no hell he is not !)
M: sorry sir?
P1: BBS? Have you heard of it ?
M: sir, I cant recall anything like that .. may be full form may give me a hint !
P1: it's Bulletin Board system .. Used in bla bla .. 2 sentences .. Went completely over my head ..
M: no sir, I havent come across any such term in my graduation ..
P1: ok fine .. What are your favourite subjects? (May be he forgot the ones I told him before )
I repeated the same again ..
P1: ok, tell me what is the application of linked list?
I explained him what is a linked list & it does not need continuous memory & all ..
P1: no no tell me the application ..
M: yes sir .. (Thought for few seconds) sir a telephone directory can have this cocnept .. a family of four can be stored at different places but can be linked through pointers ..
P1: is it implemented like that as of now?
M: no sir .. but it can be .. it is one of the possible applications of linked list ..
P1: you could have said hyperlink na? Very easy & common example .. (Here he was actually right)
M: yes sir .. But then the list would be only 2 nodes long in that case .. (P1 is confused giving me a "how" expression)
P1: how come only 2 nodes? There can be many hyperlinks on a single page?
M: yes sir but they all will be different linked lists each having only 2 nodes. (Dont know what's happening here ! useless conversation !)
P1: (confused so changes topic) you could have also given an example of your drawing of ad-hoc networks ..
M: yes sir! (Smile was back on my face after some considerable amount of time) we can say that virtually this is a linked list .. A sends data to B. B forwards it to C. can be considered a link of the linked list & bla bla ..
P1: ok (looking at P2) .. (P2 reminds him that there are things in this world called extracurricular activities) ..
P1: so let's discuss about your extracurricular activities .. (I was happy about this & wished this would go long ..)
P1: you read inspirational quotes right? Have you read Steve Goodyear? (Actually this was a hobby ! not an extracurricular activity! )
M: sir? Steve Goodyear ? no sir i havent read his works .. (and this was the second thing which i could have handled better after that developed/developing countries difference blooper .. I should have said that I havent read Steve Goodyear but i know a lot of quotes of Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Winston Churchill etc. )
it marked the end of the interview.
P1: ok thank you..
P2: take a toffee ..
I thanked them .. Took a toffee and thanked again .. I was still smiling at this time .. & i think that will be the deciding factor ..
Oh god, please carry me through! I dont want to leave this lovely city!
& hell I have worked damn hard to deserve it .. Keeping my fingers crossed ..
This is Rushi Thakar signing off ..

Result: converted !

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

profile:
10th: 86
12th: 70

grads: 66 (till 7th sem)

Had an absolutely terrible interview for the first 15mins.The prof seemed very disappointed that i was not able to answer his questions.

the next 10 mins, I was asked on my hobbies and general stuff

Was asked a few questions relating to the books i had read,strengths,weaknesses, and greatest achievement,then a bit about chess too.

VERDICT: waitlisted @ 26

a small note to future aspirants,
even if things are going badly for you,DO NOT get stressed.
Even when I was being grilled, i did not let that affect me and kept up a smile.
Also,a what seems like a bad interview to you may not be that for the interviewers.
After the interview,I had straight-away counted A as a reject,but i guess the profs thought differently

DO have a look at my profile. A does not always go in for the stellar academic performers!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Puys.... I know I should have posted my IIMA Essay-PI experience much before. It was a kind of stress interview for me and was disappointed. After 5 years, 4 cats, 4 xats, 2 jmets, 3 fmss, 1 nmat and 1 gmat and nearly a 100 mockcats later the WIMWI dream has come true for me...But today I converted and realised that they were actually checking how I was reacting to the situation. I hope this proves really useful atleast for our juniors. Before putting my experience, let me thank pagalguy for all the support for the past 5 years:

My profile is as follows:

CAT'09: Q:98.33 L:97.19 V:96.50 Overall:99.34
2.5 years work ex in the Technology side of a MNC bankBTech from NIT, Trichy. CGPA: 7.15|XII:90.8(CBSE)X:92.6(CBSE)
My calls:IIMs: A, L, K and MDI

I had an AIR of 201 in National Science Olympiad during my school days and was also involved in some CSR activities.

I had my interview on April 4 2010 in Bangalore.

My essay topic was whether Chandrayan was money well spent or a unnecessary diversion of our country's resources.

Please note that I am no way related to Nashik.

Let the interviewers be P and me be M.

P: Tell me the meaning of your name.

P: Do you know where is Nashik?
M: Yes Sir, maharashtra.

P: Which river flows through Nashik? How did nashik get its name?

P: Connect Nashik, Haridwar, Ujjain and Allahabad.
M: Kumbhammela Sir.

P: Where was the recent Kumbhmela held?
M: I think Haridwar Sir.

P: Are you sure?
M: Swami Nityananda who was in the news recently was in Haridwar Sir. So I think it is Haridwar Sir.

P: So, you are from Electrical & Electronics Engineering right? Tell me how you can reduce Transmission and distribution losses? What is the formula for Transmission loss?

P: Tell me the principle of operation of an Oil circuit breaker.
M: Told. But not very convincingly.

P:So where do you work?

P: ( They did not ask anything about my work ex. Continued with my acads) You have taken Sanskrit in your Class X right? ( He had checked my marklist). So how much of it do you still remember?
M: I do remember but not in touch.

P: What is the meaning of "XXX". ( I dont remember what is the word)

P: Ok. Then tell me what did u like in Sanskrit?
M: I liked Lakaras.

P: Tell me how many Lakaras are there?
M: I know 4 but I dont remember how many are there in total. But I think there are atleast 8.

P: Ok. What were your favourite subjects in EEE?
M: I liked Digital Sir.

P: Why do people generally like Digital over Analog?
M: Did not answer convincingly.

P: Ok tell me what is the formula for Fourier Transforms?

P: What is the formula for inverse fourier transforms?

P: How do we use Fourier Transforms in reducing harminics in digital circuits?
M: I dont know sir. ( In retrospect, I think since harmonics are of high frequencies and fourier transformation is used for time-frequency domain conversion, we can easily isolate harmonics. I am not sure though about this answer)

P: You should be knowing this. This is used in LCD Tvs.
M: Yes, Sir.

P: What was your final year project about? And what was your contribution?
M: Told.

P: Did you implement it? And did u use any softwares?
M:Yes Sir. MATLAB.

P: What was the full form of MATLAB.
M: I am not sure. Sir. But I think it is Mathamatical laboratory.

P: Are u sure? Dont guess.
M: I am not sure Sir. ( Actually, it is Matrix Laboratories, I think)

P: What is a Lathe?
M: (Should have answered it is a cutting tool and that it was not a part of EEE.) It was not a part of EEE syllabus

P: Engineering is not an isolated field. You should have an idea about other subjects also.
M: Yes Sir.

P: What other subjects do you like in EEE?
M: Electrical Machines.

P: What is an impeller?
M: I dont know Sir. ( It is actually a mechanical thing. Not taught in EEE).

P: Ok we are done. You can leave.
M: Thank you Sirs.

I came out disappointed that they did not ask anything about my hobbies and work experience. I had a head ache for the rest of the day.

The interview lasted 15 mins.They did not smile throughout the interview. But I think holding my nerves and smiling along with my Class X and XII performances + college brand name + work experience did the trick which convinced them to give me the admit.

Puys, please feel free to ask any queries.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Here goes IIMA GD PI Exp!

Profile :
X - 68.33
XII - 60.00
GPA - 7.35/10
College- BE (Agricultural Engineering)
Work Ex - 2.5yrs(Automobile Industry- Transmission Design Engineer)
CAT % -96.12
QA - 90.30
DI - 94.95
VA - 90.99
Any other special thing about you (like Olympiad,NTSE etc.) : Nothing :(
Hobbies : Playing Volley Ball(University level), TT(Inter College), Sketching(College level.....was asked to draw a sketch in between the interview with continuous bombarding of questions and I cud drew an average sketch while answering most of the questions), Solving SUDOKU
Essay Topic: Yoga! A forgotten ancient notion or eastern repackaging?
Time: 10 mins in all
Any Other Details: no indication of time pointers other than START NOW and STOP WRITING.
PI Experience:

Started with a very bad subject politics!!!
M very weak at that.asked MP from the town I had my Engg Summer training in ie Budni, Sihore, MP.
Upon saying that I don't follow politics....one prof started asking me like..
Name 10 politicians from your state, then place, then UPA Center, then Opposition....and..........meanwhile when I came across the name Sushma Swaraj......He replied......she is the one I asked for!!! :(

I belong from Raj.....studied in different city..........worked for one yr in Pune.then moved to Bangalore.....I have travelled a lot so far.....from Raj to Kerala....and Delhi, MP etc.....many questions including distances of many cities and borders from my place.......my experiences and learnings coz of staying independent for so many years.....

Then another prof asked about my doc folder and asked overall questions about Domain shift from Agril Engg to Automobile Engg!
Questions on my Job, work project(very minute details on my projects...and my role in the team), responsibilities, and skills I possess regarding my job......and process in my organisation.......and even the tools being used for design!

Questions about my last company's CMD and his qualifications...n.....current org's CEO's name n qualifications......asked LN Mittal's qualifications(as he belongs from my native or u can say tht I belong from his....) .....n thn comparison with me as i told i am interested in entrepreneurship after MBA.......ALL THE PERSON'S I WAS COMPARED WITH DON"T POSSESS MBA....so I gave funda about developing competitiveness and all......

Questions related to my weak areas...teased on poor acads....but I told them how I was involved in SO MANY EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES......with proofs for all of them....and justified it with my role and extra responsibilities (for younger siblings) as an elder kid in the house with both parents working.......also I told how I convinced my parents for professional education.....how I violated their decision.....and what are the concequences of my convincing them......how it has helped me and my family.....I gave good examples of influences on my youngers' and my parents' thinking because of my choices and decisions.

Asked many questions from extra curricular activities..even few about Scouting ......as who started it.what was the motto behind it......about NSS.........and many more.....as I was involved in all of them.I could answer few and couldn't them.....

Finally they asked that you seem to be disappointed because of your poor acads..........I convinced them that I don't regret on this because I have scored extra ordinarily.....by changing my parent's perspective....and by influencing my younger siblings'.........gave example and incidences to support my statements......

In all.......I felt like I talked with old friends of mine.who wanted to know what I am doing in my life....and how do I feel about myself and my achievements and my defeats.

Verdict...Converted!!! The happiest day of my life.......A dream I saw sometime in 2004 came true today! I feel Happy and Blessed! Thanks to everyone!:)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

results declared for IIM A!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
dream.boat Says
when are the results going to be out

Chalo, its time for another thread closure !
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

when are the results going to be out

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...