[2009] Praxis Business School, Kolkata: Official Query thread

12 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Hi everybody, We welcome Praxis Business School, Kolkata on the PG forums! IMS Learning Resources is the body which established this b-school. Praxis Business School offers the Post Graduate Program in Business Management and applicants to th...
Page 1 of 2

Closing this thread as the Admissions officials supposed to answer here are not responding. Please continue your queries about Praxis here - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/praxis-business-school-admission-queries-for-2009-2011-25035764

I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hi rakesh,
the last date for applying for praxis is april 30th. so i would suggest you to apply for it immediatly in order to avoid any last moment discrepancies.
regarding your query abt placements, all the information is available on the website. please visit Praxis Business School - Final Placements 2009 to know any details regarding placements. the average salary is in sync with the industry average of the present day.
HR faculty is pretty good. it consists or permanent faculty, with in hand industry experience. they had been head for HR in the companies which they had worked. we also have visiting faculty from various industries, who take courses in the second year to educate the students about the latest practises going on in the industry. also a lot of guest lectures happen during the HR week. there is also a very active HR club at Praxis, which has been organising many HR lecturers and other activities like group discussions and games. for any further details of the faculty please visit the web site.
Your work ex would certainly be an added advantage.

Hi, I have scored 93.61 percentile in CAT and have not applied for Praxis, would like to know if I can apply now. Also would like to know about the number of students that have been placed and yet to be placed. What is the expected average package for the final year students this year.

Would like to know about the HR faculty@Praxis, as I am interested in HR. I have 2yrs of work experience at TCS.

Thanks,
Rakesh

At Praxis we have a system where you'llbe taught general management subjects, covering all fields of management including marketing, finance, HR, economics, operations, IT in the frist year. These are compulsory subjects for everyone. From the second year onwards you'll be made to choose 7 electives every trimester. Now it is upto you to choose the electives. If u want to specialize in any one particular stream then you can choose all subjects form that stream, else you can balance your portfolio by taking few subjects from one stream and few from other, like major and minor.

Coming to the risk concentration, risk management course has been designed in collaboration with ICICI. This course is offered as an elective in the second year. If u want complete details of this course please send me a private message i'll mail the details to you.

I am a BBA graduate with 2.5 years of work experience. I'm interested in finance. Would you tell me what kind of specializations can one pick up at praxis?
Also, I read about the area of concentration on your website. Would you elaborate on the risk concentration please?

PoojaGh Says
I have 83.45 percentile in XAT. I am a fresher. Do i stand a chance to get a call?

Hello PoojaGh,

We have tried to answer you query here: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/praxis-business-school-admission-queries-for-2009-2011-25035764

Cheers

yea u stand a fair enough chance to get a call. dont worry abt that and apply for it.

I have 83.45 percentile in XAT. I am a fresher. Do i stand a chance to get a call?

Yes, the admission process is on. This last date for receipt of forms for this cycle is the 30th of April 2009

Dear Sir,

I read an article recently about Praxis Business School on TOI. Is the admission process still on?

Pooja