[2009] IPL Cricinfo Fantasy Cricket- The PG League

489 Posts  ·  67 Users
About this group
As discussed in the Cricket thread I am opening a new thread for The Cricinfo Fantasy League. More details as follows: *Cricinfo Link:* Cricinfo - Fantasy Cricket - Game Home *LPIN to join the PG league:* 68063-1ba5731549de8e5e So join...
Page 1 of 49

Hey guys ... good news...
Cricinfo is back with its WC T20 fantasy game with the name of International 20-20...

just saw it on the site..i have created the PG league ..
here is the link for the game...
Cricinfo - Fantasy Cricket - Game Home

I think we all should move to this Cricinfo as this would give us more competition and more fun (with last minute site crashes and extra transfers for that )

To join the league,

Step 1: Go to Cricinfo Fantasy Cricket

Step 2: Login with your Cricinfo ID (you will need to register if you do not have one)

Step 3: Create a team for yourself (this step is optional if you already have one)

Step 4: Click on 'Join a League' on the Left Hand Navigation

Step 5: On the page which appears, select your team, copy and paste the unique invitation code(LPIN) generated for you as shown below

Step 6: You are now a member of the league - all set to play Cricinfo Fantasy Cricket

Invitation Code:

80754-35ee85165667aaac

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
I was searching ..and i found this one..

Welcome to World Twenty20

What say.. DO tell me hwz this one...
I havent read every instructions, just out of curiosity i have created a league

League Name : PG League
League Number : MWW2X4XNQ3

If the portal is fine and scoring looks nice then do let me know... Otherwise search is still on :D

Ok Gr8.

Here is the How To Play
Well, since we are now used to the cricinfo rules, this might be wierd. So lets assume we are playing this. If something better comes up we can switch.

Basic funda of this is: substitutions are allowed between stages only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fantasy points are awarded to the real players for the real performances in the actual games of the ICC World Twenty20 2009. Fantasy Points are awarded for the following statistics ;

Batting
+1 For each run
-10 Scoring a duck
+2 For every four boundary scored
+4 For every six boundary scored

Bowling
+18 Dismissing a batsman, all-rounder or wicket-keeper
+9 Dismissing a bowler
+9 Bowling a maiden over

Fielding
+12 For every catch, stumping or run-out
+8 run-out assist (player at stumps)

Your nominated captain will score double points.

Your 12th man will only score points for fielding statistics

Your team will be updated with all scoring points after the completion of each lock out period.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The overall winner of this Fantasy cricket competition will win Ricky Ponting signed cricket memorabilia.

Note that prizes for Sportal Fantasy Sports Competitions can be won by current residents of Australia and New Zealand only. Residents of other countries are welcome to register and compete in Sportal Fantasy Sports Competitions, but will not be eligible to win any prizes on offer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You will be required to select a team of 12 players .

Your team will contain as many players as you like from any of the 12 competing nations as long as they fit under the salary cap of $3.5 million.

You have some flexibility in the make-up of your team in terms of the number of batsmen, bowlers and wicket-keepers you can select. You cannot select a wicket keeper as your 12th man. The following combination's of players are available ;

5 x Batsmen 1 x All-Rounder 1 x Wicket-Keeper 4 x Bowlers 1 x 12th man.
5 x Batsmen 2 x All-Rounder 1 x Wicket-Keeper 3 x Bowlers 1 x 12th man.
4 x Batsmen 3 x All-Rounder 1 x Wicket-Keeper 3 x Bowlers 1 x 12th man.
4 x Batsmen 2 x All-Rounder 1 x Wicket-Keeper 4 x Bowlers 1 x 12th man.

The combination's are automatically enforced by the Fantasy sports system, so your selections will always be valid.

Once you have selected a team, you must nominate a captain for your team. Your captain will score double points. Your 12th man will only score points for 'fielding' statistics, which will consist of catches, run-outs and run-out assists

You must have a valid team of 12 players selected prior to the games commencing. You can make as many selection changes as you like to your team before the competition starts. Once the competition starts, any selection changes you make to your team will come from your available trades.

Changing your selected captain does not impact on the number of trades you are allowed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After each round, the competition will open and allow you to make player trades. This will give you the opportunity to trade injured, non-performing or non participating players out of your team for players who are currently in form and playing.

You must make your team changes before the next round lockout commences and trading is closed. When the trade period closes, the competition will be in lockout mode until the current round is completed.

There will be unlimited trades during each round.

The trading periods are as follows;

Users must have a valid team selected by Friday 5 June 19:30 AEST
I am not posting the various rounds. But there are total 5 rounds. League, super8 etc ....semifinas+finals.

I am also registered here just for the heck of it. Good thing about this one is it is exclusively for World Cup.

Lets wait for cricinfo and others.

I was searching ..and i found this one..

Welcome to World Twenty20

What say.. DO tell me hwz this one...
I havent read every instructions, just out of curiosity i have created a league

League Name : PG League
League Number : MWW2X4XNQ3

If the portal is fine and scoring looks nice then do let me know... Otherwise search is still on 😁

I guess we need to wait for 5-6 days more. I think most of the leagues will start after 1st june

Cheers
Sukrit

Please check out the espn super selector site...
i guess they dont have any dedicated game for WC like the cric info people...

here is the link -

Cricket Fantasy Game - Super Selector | espnstar.com

Even cricinfo does not have anything put up for World Cup(at least I could not find it).

What we can do is: Play Espn Super Selector. Create a League of our own and play among ourselves. Since the game might not be for World Cup only, other players outside PG who already were playing would surely be ahead of us on points. But we can ignore that.

Well no invitation required Bluff.. :)

You can create a League on any portal and be the league manager...

Regarding portal.. Start with one, if others confront then you'll know that it should be other one ...if not then Congos.. u have created a League Successfully What say..

Regards,
Abhinav

Samajh me nahi aaraha which to play. WC ka kaunse website me hai? Will start one if I find one.
These are some that were there for IPL:
fantasy.cricket
Indianfantasyleague
Cricinfo Fantasy League
Yes, we need to decide on which portal.
Cricinfo or ESPN or may be some other website!

After creating the thread please post the link here.

Let the next phase of Inzanity Begin

Well no invitation required Bluff.. :)

You can create a League on any portal and be the league manager...

Regarding portal.. Start with one, if others confront then you'll know that it should be other one ...if not then Congos.. u have created a League Successfully What say..

Regards,
Abhinav

Please check out the espn super selector site...
i guess they dont have any dedicated game for WC like the cric info people...

here is the link -

Hmm nice end.. Infact both teams performed really well.

So IPL 2009 coming to end that does not mean we all pagals will sit down and will go back to work.. :nono: no no no...

Federer and Nikhil... Whats there for T20 World Cup

Re-unite all the insane people/teams and form yet another PG league & a new thread...
Dont know on which portal you all want to play...but bring it..
Countdown has already begun!!!

Radio channels , TV.. all say one thing YEH CUP KAHIN NAHIN JAYEGA

they Say "Aney De "

Regards,
Abhinav

Hmm nice end.. Infact both teams performed really well.

So IPL 2009 coming to end that does not mean we all pagals will sit down and will go back to work.. :nono: no no no...

Federer and Nikhil... Whats there for T20 World Cup

Re-unite all the insane people/teams and form yet another PG league & a new thread...
Dont know on which portal you all want to play...but bring it..
Countdown has already begun!!!

Radio channels , TV.. all say one thing YEH CUP KAHIN NAHIN JAYEGA

they Say "Aney De "

Regards,
Abhinav