[2009-2011] IIMA Final Results/Profiles

163 Posts  ·  113 Users
About this group
Let the celebrations begin: Admission status: IIMA
Page 1 of 17

Any selections from DA category

Pls let us know...

Any 1 choosing B ovr A here ?

PS : pardon me for postin this in IIM A final admissions forum.......My guilt was juz out of curiosity ;)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am a waitlisted candidate at IIMA.In the letter that the waitlisters got from IIMA,they had asked us to be ready with a certificate from a registered medical practitioner that we are medically fit to pursue the course and do not suffer from any chronic or contagious disease.Also we had to get a certificate that we are vaccinated against Hepatitis A. Have they provided any proforma or enclosures to the selected candidates for these certificates?Or we have to make the proforma ourselves?If anybody has the soft copy of the proforma please post it here for the benefit of us waitlisters

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sorry PuYs I am not trying to spam here.

Anyone with a call of NMIMS please, please withdraw the money before 7th May,2009.
This will help other waitlisters to clear fast.

All you have to do is send a mail to NMIMS stating that you want to withdraw the money along with the fees receipt.
All the best for your future endeavors.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
This is not exactly regarding the final converts, but since IIMA Seniors would be checking this out. This might give a statistical idea to IIMA and IIMB final converts as well as waitlisters about the preferences between A and B.

approximately what percentage of people who have both A and B calls give up A to be in B.

20 % ?
30 % ? Or is it much more ?

Any 1 choosing B ovr A here ?

PS : pardon me for postin this in IIM A final admissions forum.......My guilt was juz out of curiosity 😉
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Did Last year waitlisters @IIMA were informed about the probable movement of the waitlist IN the LETTER?

I am askin this becoz I have read one of the posts from last year's IIMA waitlist thread...

However
This Year NO SUCH INFORMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED in the letter given by IIMA!!!
Can Anybody Clarify Please???

p.s-sorry to post in this thread...

Last year Waitlister's were informed about the probable movement as pointed out. I do not know why this year they have not mentioned. There is nothing much I or anybody can infer from this move. Maybe they decided not to predict anything. I was a bit surprised that they actually mentioned it last year. No college mentions it. So, guess they did the most obvious this year of not mentioning it.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Did Last year waitlisters @IIMA were informed about the probable movement of the waitlist IN the LETTER?

I am askin this becoz I have read one of the posts from last year's IIMA waitlist thread...

However
This Year NO SUCH INFORMATION HAS BEEN PROVIDED in the letter given by IIMA!!!
Can Anybody Clarify Please???

p.s-sorry to post in this thread...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

just received IIMA regret letter

inko jale pe namak chhidakne ki kya jaroorat thi :sneaky:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
raging_inferno Says
hey people . . . . A big congo to all of u who have made it to IIMA . .Awesome... I have not . . . CAT score was 92.81, instead, converted Nirma, Ahmedabad. But reading this thread, gives inspiration to again give a shot at CAT 09. I have a query, i am planning to join Nirma, but wud be again giving CAT whilst stdying, i have 24 months exp in L&T.; Can anyone please tell me, is it possible to convert the interviews with this kind of exp (work and MBA), is there a student on campus who has left some B school to join IIM?? I know its a bit weird, but this post is about profiles, so thot of asking it out...?????

During my IIMX interview, I happened to come across a student from IIM Y, who was appreading for his IIM-X interview. Moreover he was a topper at IIM Y , ending his first year being in top 5 students according to CG (Don't know if he's on this thread, or on PG, don't know if he got through or not).

However the thing with such tricky situations is that they usually lead to a stress interview. The panel quizzed him quite intensively on his goals, the reason for his decision, would an extra year be worth it, esp since he was a topper at IIM Y , what were the reasons for his dissatisfaction with a premier Bschool like IIM Y (and trust me , u just cannot say nething 'Against' ne Bschool in front of another Bschool panel. And u can't say things like placements at X are better tyan Y. These are not advisable things to do. )

But I don't think that they won't take you just because you belong to another school. They'll still evaluate you according to their set criteria, and if u make the cut, they'll give u an admit. However, you have to display a lot of logic behind your decision, a lot of clarity of thought, show that you know what you are doing and u are doing it for the right reasons.

If you manage to do this, you'll score well on the interview.

P.S. : This isn't the right thread for you to be asking this, and for anyone to be answering this. I still did, just because I realise this might help another 2-3 people coming to this thread. However I request you to use the right forums hereforth for relevant queries. To others whose time was wasted in going through this, kind apologies. Don't groan
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
This is not exactly regarding the final converts, but since IIMA Seniors would be checking this out. This might give a statistical idea to IIMA and IIMB final converts as well as waitlisters about the preferences between A and B.

approximately what percentage of people who have both A and B calls give up A to be in B.

20 % ?

This suggests it to be much less.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pLExC73hB3vKp9sPUGulqRg

25:1 is the ratio of people who have both converts and have chosen A from above.

Majority of A non joiners end up in MS/US I Bank jobs thru IITs/US MBA and sometimes the 1 year MBA from ISB according to my hypothesis. Also, due to confusion in exact number of seats in our year and the year before that, coz of quota issues, I think A had released lesser calls than seats and then WLed more. Personal opinion disclaimer.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

20 % ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...