[2008]Get a feel of real GD/PI discussion

385 Posts  ·  99 Users
About this group
Hi puys Lets start preparing now! Pls find the attachment enclosed with this post *This is how it works: * *all puys are requested to download SKYPE software for the next GD session. Here is how we will be working * 1. *G...
Page 1 of 39

yaar...help...whats going on? my gd is on 4th n high time...really scared...help help...!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey can i join the group now to take part in gd?or am i late?:sarcasm:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi puys

Lets start preparing now! Pls find the attachment enclosed with this post
This is how it works:

all puys are requested to download SKYPE software for the next GD session.
Here is how we will be working

1. GD date & timing will be announced at least 24 hours before the GD.
  2. Every one who is willing to participate will be given a roll number.
  3. All the puys should be online in Y! msngr at requested time.
  4. We will have an CONFERENCE TEXT CHAT their.
  5. In TEXT CONFERENCE myself and other volunteers will divide the available people into group of 5 each with 1 volunteer in each group.
  6. Volunteer will start a new TEXT CONFERENCE in yahoo itself which will involve only the divided groups.
  7. In the new divided conference all the present members are supposed to post their SKYPE id (which can be obtained once the software is downloaded).
  8. Volunteer will add those ids in his/her SKYPE friends list and will start a conference call.
  9. GD BEGINS.
  10. One will act as GD co-ordinator.
  11. The topic will be announced by him and he will call out any one's roll number randomly. He have to start speaking then the co-ordinator will call one more roll number randomly, this way every one's roll number will be called(all randomly). Once every one finishes speaking co-ordinator will conclude
SKYPE file size is approx 20 mb. So puys before the next GD download it and keep it ready.
PS: I am sorry to say this but only puys having broadband connection can participate. Dial up connection doesnt provide good quality as a result of which they wont be able to participate.
Any suggestion and changes are most welcome
Regards
Mady
My Y!msngr id gd4snap (mods pls let this id be here as it will be too difficult for me to collect each and everyone's id)
pls add me in your msngr.
Puys let me know if there are some one who is not able to participate coz of not having broadband connection or coz of not having head phone or coz of some other technical problems. I dont want to leave any one due to this kind of short comings. I will arrange for a text based GD for dos ppl (if there are any of this kind). Do let me know

Regards,
Mady

Hey I must say that this was a very useful step taken by rockstar.
You truly are a rockstar
I also need your help, I wanna know from where can we find Group Disccusion Topics and Personal Interview Questions, So we can be ready with GD & PI.
There is a need for all this questions so that we can prepare in advance and do the needful as soon as possible

Hoping for more such events from you.

Thanks & Regards

Shareinfoline
StudiesInfoline
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey,
any GD comin up before 14th...since sihs gd starts on 14th
divya

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,

Hey, wher are you guys...

IS there anyone, who is thinking to conduct GD....please lemmme know..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey gr8 start guys....plz let me know if liba has any any specific criteria for gd pi....my gd is on 13th mar in delhi

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all call getters,
I just thought of sharing my experience of going about the preparation for PI. I think if u do this much your confidence will boost up and u will b at a better position at answering all the questions.

As it is seen most of the interviews start with "introduce yourself" so its very imp to have the framework of your introduction ready. I suggest you put it down in words excatly as you wish to speak at the interview. Dont use too much of a flowery or pompous language. Use a bit of colloquial terms(not slang) so that it doesnot give an impression that u have crammed it.

After that read your own introduction as if you r a third person or tell your friend to read it and list down all the possible questions that can come up. I have listed down some of the questions which can be general to all.

1. What does your name mean?

2. Tell us something about xxxx(your birthplace or the city u reside at or your state, family background, details of the business of your father...if any)

3. Who is the chief minister, governer, mayor, vice chancellor, education minister etc of your state.

4. Why did you take up so and so stream?( Be prepared to ans how does MBA fit in)

5. Tell us something about your college. ( things that you like or dislike or what is special about it)

6. What are your extra curricular activities, major achievements, any failures, experience of working in a team...leading it etc, incidents that had a major impact on you life etc.( give concrete answers using examples)

7. What are your leisure time activities. (this is a very crucial question which can help u to direct the flow of your interveiw so do not bluff. do a through research about whatever you mention and state it with passion...it should reflect in your eyes and body language)

8. What are your strenghts and weakness. (again this an imp Q as what u mention about your strenghts will define you as a person whereas accepting your shortcomings will reveal your frankness and openness. Also keep some examples handy to substantiate your S&W.; also be prepared to ans What r u doing to oversome your Weakness)

9.Which company did u work with and Why? ( should know everything about the co. and your scope of operations)

10. so u r a xxxxx graduate. so what is xxxxxx ( revise your accads throughly)

11. Which area do u want to specialize in? (substiantiat it with your interests, your past work ex, future goals etc Have basic knowledge of the field u mention)

These are some of the questions which i think most of u must be prepared with and will definately be asked.
1. Why do you want to do MBA. (connect it with your past accademics, your personality traits and your career objective)

2. Which other calls do you have.( do not mention calls from conflicting areas For eg. irma and mica... shows lack of interest)

3. Why do you wish to do MBA from this institue specifically. (try to present the usp of that inst and differentiate it from other bschools)

4. What are your career objectives? (think.....think and think..... clarity in this area is very very imp)(Questions on this topic will be unique so figure them out and prep the ans)

5. Where do you see yourself 5 to 10 years from now?(in accordance with your career objectives)

6. Why should we take you? (do not get defensive if you have spoiled the interview..accept it and give a strong reason why it happened and then state why u think u should b selected)

7. What if we do not select you? (this could be a stress question so answer in accordance of your performance in pi)

You might also have to face some questions for which u might not be prepared like.
1. Rate all the institues u have calls from or wish to join on the parameters on which u have ranked them. Be prepare for Why?????

2. Which newspaper do u read. Who is its chief editor. What was today's headlines. What was htere in the sport's section or so and so sec based on wht interest u have.

3. How did you travel to this place. (there is nothing to prepare but ite Q is quite unexpected)

4. Who is your role model. Why?????(Mention it only if u know throughly about that person otherwise it gives a very bad impression)

Besides this general awareness questions can be asked.....can b general or related to your field..
Please guys prepare all possible questions and their answers in writing... It will really help u take off the pressure and your interview will go smoothly.Trust me its worth the effort...
on the whole b calm and composed even if the pi is going out of your hands...dont let the frustration show in your body language. At times the panel will try to frustrate u to check our stress handling ability.... so stay CALM & COOL.
Good luck to all.....wish the same for me

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

when is next Gd?

Who is conducting it?

how i can join?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi puys

Lets start preparing now! Pls find the attachment enclosed with this post
This is how it works:

all puys are requested to download SKYPE software for the next GD session.
Here is how we will be working

1. GD date & timing will be announced at least 24 hours before the GD.
  2. Every one who is willing to participate will be given a roll number.
  3. All the puys should be online in Y! msngr at requested time.
  4. We will have an CONFERENCE TEXT CHAT their.
  5. In TEXT CONFERENCE myself and other volunteers will divide the available people into group of 5 each with 1 volunteer in each group.
  6. Volunteer will start a new TEXT CONFERENCE in yahoo itself which will involve only the divided groups.
  7. In the new divided conference all the present members are supposed to post their SKYPE id (which can be obtained once the software is downloaded).
  8. Volunteer will add those ids in his/her SKYPE friends list and will start a conference call.
  9. GD BEGINS.
  10. One will act as GD co-ordinator.
  11. The topic will be announced by him and he will call out any one's roll number randomly. He have to start speaking then the co-ordinator will call one more roll number randomly, this way every one's roll number will be called(all randomly). Once every one finishes speaking co-ordinator will conclude
SKYPE file size is approx 20 mb. So puys before the next GD download it and keep it ready.

PS: I am sorry to say this but only puys having broadband connection can participate. Dial up connection doesnt provide good quality as a result of which they wont be able to participate.

Any suggestion and changes are most welcome

Regards
Mady

My Y!msngr id gd4snap (mods pls let this id be here as it will be too difficult for me to collect each and everyone's id)
pls add me in your msngr.

Puys let me know if there are some one who is not able to participate coz of not having broadband connection or coz of not having head phone or coz of some other technical problems. I dont want to leave any one due to this kind of short comings. I will arrange for a text based GD for dos ppl (if there are any of this kind). Do let me know
Regards,
Mady

everything is ok
but how should i download the software.
help me
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

lets hav it today be online by 9:30 ppl......

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...