[2008-09]All you wanted to know about Great Lakes but didnt know whom to ask

118 Posts  ·  33 Users
About this group
Hi All, My name is Ranjit and I am currently doing my MBA from Great Lakes Institute of Managment. This is still the pre-season and I know that people are busy with entrance exams preparation. If you want to know anything about Great Lakes an...
Page 1 of 12

Hi All,

This thread will be closed shortly. Request you all to post your queries on the new thread. The link is given below:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/great-lakes-admissions-2009-25034065

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Yes Mr Champion,
Thanks for the quick reply

My GMAT score is recent(2008 ). Do I have to come from US for GD/PI ?Please correct me if I am wrong, i was informed earlier that there can be a telephonic interview for someone outside india.

Thanks
som.

Yes, there is an option for telephonic interview. So, you can give the interview from the US.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yes Mr Champion,
Thanks for the quick reply

My GMAT score is recent(2008 ). Do I have to come from US for GD/PI ?Please correct me if I am wrong, i was informed earlier that there can be a telephonic interview for someone outside india.

Thanks
som.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

I have 7 yrs Exp and currently a Project manager (IT) in houston. I have been in Oil and gas domain since last 6 years and happened to work with BP, Shell, Chevron but through my parent company

GMAT: 650 (Q 49, V 30, AWA 5)
Outstanding achivements in professionally in M&A; and new business development though they are not my responsibilities.
Work exp in Germany, Netherlands, UK and USA.

What is chance of getting an interview call based on good recommendation?

Thanks...

Dear Sir,

Well, I think your profile speaks for you. You wouldnt be having too many problems getting in. Make sure that the GMAT score is as recent as 3 years and not older than 3 years. Your reco letters + essays + gd/pi performance can do the job. You stand a very good chance given that we are taking 260 ppl next year. We will be having a fully residential campus come next year. This campus would also include a married people's hostel and the campus would be complete with all the facilities.

Let me know if you have any other queries...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I have 7 yrs Exp and currently a Project manager (IT) in houston. I have been in Oil and gas domain since last 6 years and happened to work with BP, Shell, Chevron but through my parent company

GMAT: 650 (Q 49, V 30, AWA 5)
Outstanding achivements in professionally in M&A; and new business development though they are not my responsibilities.
Work exp in Germany, Netherlands, UK and USA.

What is chance of getting an interview call based on good recommendation?

Thanks...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

What is the last date for R1 application. I am planning to take GMAT by October first week. Will I be missing the deadline for great lakes? Plz reply

Hi,
Great Lakes does not have multiple round for application submission. It has only 1 round for which the deadline will be 15th January '09. Please note that you will be required to send the official score of GMAT to college.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

What is the last date for R1 application. I am planning to take GMAT by October first week. Will I be missing the deadline for great lakes? Plz reply

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Prospective students kindly note -

GMAT Codes :

Executive MBA: V49-FX-31
Postgraduate Program in Management: V49-FX-40

For more visit -
GREAT LAKES INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT, CHENNAI
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Over the last 2 days, IBS, Chennai had their National Level Management Meet, and we had some of our Great Lakers win quite a handful of events

EMBLEMA CONDUCERZ : Corporate Identity Management
Sirisha 1st Place
JOCUL DE ROL : HR Role play
Sirisha,Dheeraj,Piyush,Hiranjith,Murli and Indu 1st Place
MARCA PICTURA : Brand Pictionary
Sirisha, Prakash Randheer and Smita Arora 1st Place
ATTACCO DEL MARCATO : Mart Attack
Rohit, Prakash Randheer, Harshad 1st Place
INTAMPLARE : The Event Management Game
Gauthaman, Janani, KK 2nd Place
ANTREPRIZA SIRETLIC : The Turnaround Strategy
Rohit, Prakash Randheer, Harshad 1st Place
Congratulations !!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Some really exciting news for Great Lakers. Great Lakes students have won the
Eximus IIM B B-Plan contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shake it to the left and then to the right.......:))

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...