(17 Jan 2013) SIBM Pune GE/PI Shortlists and related discussions 2013-15

1,700 Posts  ·  308 Users
About this group
Hi Aspirants! Use this thread for all the discussions regarding GE/PI preparations, Annexure, Current Information form, slot booking etc Aspirant Relations Team wishes all the candidates best of luck for the results.
Page 1 of 170

is anybody else facing a problem registering for SNAP ?

i try to register but the page just refreshes..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This year was my second and last attempt at all the MBA exams and I would like to share something that happened this year that really shocked me.

I had taken SNAP and got a score of more than 99% so I cleared the cut-off and was called for an interview at SIBM Pune. The GD and interviews were fine but that is irrelevant. The end result was that I wasn't selected in the first list or even waitlisted. I couldn't do anything more so I resigned myself to the fact and waited for the other results to come out. Then the SCMHRD result came out and the same thing happened all over again. This was a big shocker because their cut-off had been lower and my GD and interview process had gone really well. But then I thought perhaps I had done something wrong and accepted this too.

Then a few days later I got a call from someone by the name of Rimi Singh asking if I'd given SNAP and then appeared for the interview at SIBM Pune. When I confirmed that she asked if I still would want admission at the college. On asking how, she said if I would be willing to pay 8 lakhs more I could have my name in the 1st waitlist. On further questioning I was told that nearly 40% of all seats at the college are filled this way! And here I had been thinking that SIBM was very transparent in its process, giving dates for everything and actually sticking to them.

Now I don't know whether this is being done by the college as a whole or by some people in the admission department. I am writing this just to let everyone know what really happens behind the scenes.

I have no grudge against the college (I got into a better college later on) so all this is not coming out of spite. And for those who find this a little incredulous, here is the number of the lady who contacted me – Rimi Singh : 09657107307

I hope this doesn't get deleted by pullling out the 'defamation' card because all this is true.

6 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what is the procedure for admission thru loan ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

WL conversion today?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

This is one of the good sites where we can get updates on the budgets of various states and nation. A good read.. will help us all in GDPI.. Take a look.. Hope it helps...

By the way this is the Official facebook page of $treet, the financial forum at NITIE

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street/188269587860293
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@nishant6aug Lol I'm obliged :P
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@seniors -

Has SIBM-P given buffer calls this time? or is it only the actual number?

still a long way to go!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@liveurlifefully said:
1st rejection of the season
If you couldn't hit any of the BLICK, then it'll be a matter of concern
Inspector Home
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Bipasha6891 said:
SIBM Pune! Here I come!
lol..some star dust descends upon SIBM
Inspector Home
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@nishant6aug said:
have to quote him again,'I feel stupid and contagious Here we are now, entertain us ',,,,,
koi nahi.....I am glad we all have some shared feelings!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...