1 year PGDM course @ SPJIMR - 2008

16 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
I'm starting this thread for interaction on the 1 year PGDM course at SPJIMR on OM and ITM. The calls are still some time away. This is just so that aspirants like me can get familiar to each other, get some idea about the "competition", get whate...
Page 1 of 2

Hi..
if someone around has applied for the SPJIMR 1 year PGPM... can u tell me what is their criteria for admissions in terms of the quality and quantity of work experience, what is the GMAT score range they accept...to be precise the minimum scores :)
what other things do u suggest to be kept in mind while applying for the course..
cheers..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Everyone,

Finally I got interviewed by SPJIMR. This was the interview for the second round. As far as I can see, nobody has yet talked about his/ her interview experiences of the second round. But anyways let it begin with mine.

I am an International candidate and got a mail from the Adcom that my interview will be today at 4 PM IST (That means 6:30 AM US time, what a pain for me!!) Anyways I woke up at 6 and went out as my roomies were all asleep and would have kicked my butt if I had stayed in the flat speaking aloud in their ears

So I went out and sat in my car at the back seat and called up SPJIMR. To my surprise I was told that the institute is closed today on occasion of some Bank Holiday. I was suprised. I told the guy that I got a mail saying that the interview is today only. So finally a gentle lady came on the phone and told me that she will be taking my interview. I got relieved. She then asked me the following questions:

1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Roles and Responsibilities
3. Why not US?
4. My Family background?
5. Where do you see yourself after passing out from SP Jain (definitely not on roads I wish hehehehe)
6. Weakness, Strength

And then she asked me whether I had any questions for her. I think here I screwed up. I said NO. She was surprised, she asked: You have NO questions for us? Uh Ow!! I felt I said something wrong, then just for the sake of it I asked her how will the 6 month self study concept work for me? Will it be an e learning thing or some books will be sent to me to US ? :neutral:

But All in all, everything went well. I hope I will make it to SP Jain this time. Somebody say Amen!!

Btw...does anyone know when will the results be out?

Thanks and Regards
Rajat Jain

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi goldenirony

The interview is conducted so much in advance because the program begins not on the actual date as mentioned. There is a pre foundation course which should be done online. This is what I guess for the interview to be conducted in advance.

Can anybody confirm this?

Also can anyone please throw some light on the PGDM admission test pattern? I found in the website that the candidate can this take if he doesn't opt for CAT/XAT/GMAT

Vishal

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Its done this way to select you; take money from you; you withdraw from the course and the institute sells the seat to someone else.

Already, there are a lot of unknown names in the second round list now.

Now, from where did you get this piece of info?

Assuming that u are on the PGDM second list, and that u were on the PGDM first list, if some names on the second list seem new to you, that's because some ppl who had earlier been shortlisted for the 2 yr course have now been shortlisted for the 1 yr course and vice versa.

Regarding the first statement, the only justification i can't think of any possible justification. I understand this is a public forum, where everybody is entitled to state their views. But that freedom carries with it some amount of responsibility and should not be misused by making this kind of loose talk about well respected institutes, especially to someone seeking information.

@ goldenirony: I can't vouch to be an expert on the school's policies. I'm an aspirant just like you. However, from the info available on the website, it appears, since condensing the MBA course into 1 year makes it very rigorous, the school has designed the course in such a way that before actually leaving work and going to live on campus, they give you some time and materials to firm up certain basics by yourself at home. The time upto January has been earmarked for that purpose. This, coupled with the convenience of syncronizing the placements and other events together with the 2yr batch ppl must have led to the present scheme of things..

Sid
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All,

I have a fundamental question regarding architecture of SPJain's 1 Yr PGDM program. I read on the insti's website that final round of interviews for the batch begg. in Jan 2008 would be held in Feb 2007.

Is there any perticular reason in scheduling these interviews so much in advance ? Also, I understand being a 1 yr program it would run from Jan 08 to Dec 08. Then why does the institute schedule admission procedure so much in advance ?

Someone please shed light !!

goldenirony

Its done this way to select you; take money from you; you withdraw from the course and the institute sells the seat to someone else.

Already, there are a lot of unknown names in the second round list now.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I have a fundamental question regarding architecture of SPJain's 1 Yr PGDM program. I read on the insti's website that final round of interviews for the batch begg. in Jan 2008 would be held in Feb 2007.

Is there any perticular reason in scheduling these interviews so much in advance ? Also, I understand being a 1 yr program it would run from Jan 08 to Dec 08. Then why does the institute schedule admission procedure so much in advance ?

Someone please shed light !!

goldenirony

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@all 1 yr PGDM candidates,

Not so good news w.r.t shortlist...I called admissions office just a few minutes back and the "nice lady"(who has always been picking the phone) told that the 1 yr PGDM shortlist will come out only in NEXT WEEK!!!!!! so, we still need to wait for that.... I also checked with her the tentative second round GI dates for 1 yr PGDM candidates and she said they will be held between 22nd to 24th March....

Donno why they are taking lot of time for 1 yr PGDM results !!!!..Any takers ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi All,

I saw the link for PGDBM results on SP Jain Website.
Looks like the shortlisting for 2nd int. for 2 year course are out.

Can anyone confirm if the results for 1st int. for the 1 year PGDM are also out or not (and post the link if possible)
Thanks
measdev

Hey I am also waiting for the PGDM results. Does anyone know when will the results be out?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

I saw the link for PGDBM results on SP Jain Website.
Looks like the shortlisting for 2nd int. for 2 year course are out.

Can anyone confirm if the results for 1st int. for the 1 year PGDM are also out or not (and post the link if possible)

Thanks
measdev

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Seniors and other call getters,

I have got a call for the 1 year PGDM course.
I have my interview scheduled on 25th Feb. 3:00 p.m. in Bangalore

I haven't yet got any mail for exact interview location.

The SPJAIN website shows the list of PI centers at

SPJIMR

However, from the URL, it looks like its the venue for the
2 year PGDBM course.

Can you please clarify if the venue for the 1 year PGDM interviews
will be same ?

To Other 1 year PGDM call getters at BANGALORE : It would be good to form a informal private network for these kinds of issues. Request you to PM me for the same.

Thanks in advance!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...