[09-05-2010] Happy Mothers Day!

13 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
[image] If I could give you diamonds for each tear you cried for me. if I could give you sapphires for each truth you've helped me see. If I could give you rubies for the heartache that you've known If I could give you pearls fo...
Page 1 of 2

WHY MOTHERS DAY???

The history of Mothers Day is centuries old and goes back to the times of ancient Greeks, who held festivities to honour Rhea, the mother of the Gods. The early Christians celebrated the Mothers festival on the fourth Sunday of Lent to honour Mary, the mother of Christ.

Interestingly, later on, a religious order stretched the holiday to include all mothers, and named it the Mothering Sunday. The English colonists settled in America and discontinued the tradition of Mothering Sunday because of lack of time.

In 1872 Julia Ward Howe organised a day for mothers dedicated to peace. It is a landmark in the history of Mothers Day.
In 1907, Anna M. Jarvis (1864-194, a Philadelphia schoolteacher, began a movement to set up a national Mothers Day in honour of her mother, Ann Maria Reeves Jarvis. She solicited the help of hundreds of legislators and prominent businessmen to create a special day to honour mothers.

The first Mothers Day observance was a church service honouring Annas mother. Her hard work finally paid off in 1914, when President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed the second Sunday in May as a national holiday in honour of mothers

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
Love u mama...........miss u so much 😐

Who ran to help me when I fell, And would some pretty story tell, Or kiss the place to make it well?
My Mother.
-Internet

Rahat Fatheh Ali Khan's nice maa song:
YouTube - Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Maa part 1 - Love you Maa

Wish a Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers who have made our life so special

Mumma thank you for supporting me throughout

Captain, PG Dream Team 2010 | CAT 11 - 100%ile | CET 10 - Rank 1 (211/240) | Co-founder Learningroots

Happy Mothers Day!

Mom you Rock!!

Cheers,
Ankur

The Only thing constant in Life-Change!

Happy Mother's Day:)

My mom is the best thing happened to me ...... am sure there cant be better happenings......not at all possible......

I love you Mummy!!!

Really not getting much words to express myself ....... each and every words seems to insignificant.....

My final season - Calls - IIM A, L, S, RRRTUK, MDI, IIFT, FMS, NITIE - ITM, XLRI - HR, IIT B,D,K, XIMB, SIBM P, SCMHRD | Converts - MDI, IIFT D, NITIE - ITM, IIM S, IIM RRK, XIMB | Skipped - IIT D, K, SCMHRD | Final Verdict - MDI PGPM Class of 2014

Life begins and ends with only a single word and that is MAA......
Thank u Mummy for all that u have done for me and u r the best Mummy on earth.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Happy mother's day!!
simranpaljaggi Says

happy mother's day to my dear mom...