SIOM [2012-2014] Admission Queries

A new season, brings along with it a new level of excitement & energy! Hello friends, this thread aims @ answering to all the queries & dilemmas of all the prospective students of Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik. So, let the…

A new season, brings along with it a new level of excitement & energy! Hello friends, this thread aims @ answering to all the queries & dilemmas of all the prospective students of Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management, Nashik. So, let the battle BEGIN!!!!

About SIOM

SIOM is an effort to nurture the students mindsets and skills so that they master the ability to manage ambitious corporate growth by achieving cost excellence, acquiring market excellence rapidly, strengthening and customizing design and building global / regional operating footprints. SIOM is born out of the conviction that engineers, if forged and chiseled in an exclusive B-School environment can be outstanding business techno - professionals atop the current competitive markets by developing the critical and required traits.

Mission

SIOM aims to deliver the Managerial Competencies of Broad Based Knowledge, Multi-Disciplinary Skills and Positive Attitude to the diverse Industrial and Business Sector on a sustainable basis.

Vision: "Empowering Operations Excellence"

MBA Operations

The SIOM Operations Management specialization empowers each engineer with sharp engineering and scientific capabilities along with smart business management disciplines. The students are dressed to tackle planning, development, and implementation tribulations that their organization might confront. The curriculum deals with topics such as supply chain management, project management, technology management, modeling dynamic systems, and quality management.

Selection Procedure
STAGE I:
SNAP Written test - Interested candidates must appear for the Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP test) on 18th December 2011. SNAP test registration is a must.

STAGE II:
Group Exercise and Personal Interviews (Nashik) - Candidates from the first stage will be short listed on the basis of SNAP score for Group Exercise and Personal Interviews. GEPI are expected to be held during 2nd / 3rd week of February. 2012.

STAGE III:
Those short listed from Stage II will be issued Admission Offer letters as per the Merit List. The Merit list shall be declared to the students on the website on 27th February, 2012.

STAGE IV:
Payment of Fees and confirmation of admission - Candidates on final Merit list must complete their admission by paying the first installment of fees latest by 12th March, 2012.

hi....can u tell the cut off for last yr admissions??

Heyy thayasg,

the cut-offs for last year hovered around 85, but that varies every year depending on the trend & the difficulty level of the paper...so it's pointless predicting cut-offs, & so rather concentrate on writing a good SNAP paper..

Heyy thayasg,

the cut-offs for last year hovered around 85, but that varies every year depending on the trend & the difficulty level of the paper...so it's pointless predicting cut-offs, & so rather concentrate on writing a good SNAP paper..

thank you hrishikesh !!! as u said let me concentrate on the bigger picture... CRACKING SNAP !! 😃

--------------------------------------------------

SIOM Bagged 3 - Asia's Best Emerging B School Awards for:

1. B School with Best Industry interface at Singapore,
2. Best professor in Marketing -Dr Vandana Sonwaney
3. Best Professor in Operations - Mr Bibhuty Tripathy

in July, 2011, at Suntec, Singapore in a glittering function. This is only a testament to the ever-growing credibility of SIOM owing to its excellence in the Operations domain. [image was removed because it was too large]

can you give me a brief idea of the placements at siom and the avg. salary etc..

somaksengupta Says
can you give me a brief idea of the placements at siom and the avg. salary etc..

Heyy somaksengupta..

the placement season is kicking-off, & as of now I m not in a state to divulge further details owing to institute policy. But, we are expecting an even better placement season for our seniors, & a rise in avg & max salaries. Further details: placements-11

ATB!

guys, some important dates:

SIOM Online Registration Starts: 05-Sept-2011
Registration Closes: 22-Jan-2012
Last Date for Payment: 22-Jan-2012
GE-PI: 2nd or 3rd Week of Feb 2012

can u explain the future of operations and supply management?right now i am in a dilemma to choose BTW specialized pgdm and general mba.. and i am doing my final year engineering...thanks before.;

Hi, I have got >3 years of experience in project management (very much dealt with processes and operations) at L&T.;
Did B.E. in extc,

avg to good acads...

Extra curriculars not something to boast about...

What are the chances ?

kathasuri Says
can u explain the future of operations and supply management?right now i am in a dilemma to choose BTW specialized pgdm and general mba.. and i am doing my final year engineering...thanks before.;

kathasuri Says

Look, ours happens to be the world's second-fastest growing economy, & we are consuming capital goods and building infrastructure at a speed that has most companies & sectors seeing record business. Whether its manufacturing, banking, telecommunications, or services industry, its only gonna grow @ a manifold pace in near future. With an increasing number of global firms entering the Indian market there will be a huge requirements for Operations & Supply-Chain managers. Since the industry is @ a nascent phase, so the opportunity to grow is immense. Now, what does that mean for us?? We will never dry out of jobs & opportunities!

Hope it helps...
Hi, I have got >3 years of experience in project management (very much dealt with processes and operations) at L&T.;
Did B.E. in extc,

avg to good acads...

What are the chances ?

as of now I would only advise u to totally concentrate on writing a good SNAP paper, so that it fetches u the call. I dont think avg acads or lack of extra curriculars will hamper your chances, since it all boils down to your GD-PI once u r here, of course your work-ex will come in handy when u face d interview panel..

ATB! 😁
Did B.E. in extc,

avg to good acads...

What are the chances ?

Chances depends on SNAP score and doing good in SNAP should be the main objective as of now.

ATB :D

Shashanka Yerabaty
MBA 11-13 - SIOM
Chances depends on SNAP score and doing good in SNAP should be the main objective as of now.

Shashanka Yerabaty
MBA 11-13 - SIOM

Hey Shashanka & hrishikesh, thanks for the reply ! But, how much of considertaion does SIOM gives to work ex, acads, while deciding to give a call for GD, PI ??

Ofcourse, scoring good enough score to be eligible is still the top priority ;)!
Hey Shashanka & hrishikesh, thanks for the reply ! But, how much of considertaion does SIOM gives to work ex, acads, while deciding to give a call for GD, PI ??

Ofcourse, scoring good enough score to be eligible is still the top priority ;)!

Its too early to say 'how much' consideration but one thing i can say is Every Thing In Your CV Counts. Score as much as u can in SNAP !!

cheers!!

ATB

Shashanka Yerabaty
MBA 11-13 - SIOM
kathasuri Says

Look, ours happens to be the world's second-fastest growing economy, & we are consuming capital goods and building infrastructure at a speed that has most companies & sectors seeing record business. Whether its manufacturing, banking, telecommunications, or services industry, its only gonna grow @ a manifold pace in near future. With an increasing number of global firms entering the Indian market there will be a huge requirements for Operations & Supply-Chain managers. Since the industry is @ a nascent phase, so the opportunity to grow is immense. Now, what does that mean for us?? We will never dry out of jobs & opportunities!

Hope it helps...

Hi Kathasuri, as u said you are in your final year of graduation, i would suggest a full time MBA course in your area of interest.
To quote an example, SIOM offers an MBA in field of Operations, which is totally different from general MBA. So narrow down on the fields of interest and then decide. A PG Diploma course is not generally suggested to fresh graduates.

Shashanka Yerabaty
MBA 11-13 - SIOM

Hello All,

I have heard that some of the info regarding placements on site is not genuine. Can you explain...... I don't want to offend I just wanted to confirm as I am very much interested in Operations Management and heard about SIOM .....So is the info provided on site is genuine and correct to the figures provided as 2 years before also I saw the same figure for 2010 SIOM forum on pagalguy ......

Sorry If I have offended someone but it will be very helpful if any Alumni can reply or seniors

Hello All,

I have heard that some of the info regarding placements on site is not genuine. Can you explain...... I don't want to offend I just wanted to confirm as I am very much interested in Operations Management and heard about SIOM .....So is the info provided on site is genuine and correct to the figures provided as 2 years before also I saw the same figure for 2010 SIOM forum on pagalguy ......

Sorry If I have offended someone but it will be very helpful if any Alumni can reply or seniors

All the information that is posted in college website is released officially by college and is 100% genuine. If there are any queries they can be clarified by contacting SIOM.

SIOM is one of the very few colleges that publishes genuine information and if you have observed, SIOM releases its placement figures almost at the end of the placement season just to give its prospective students a more clarified report on average pay package.

Thank you prateek for informing us about the issue.We will try to take all necessary steps to make sure no such rumors are circulated in future.

Shashanka Yerabaty
MBA 11-13 - SIOM