RBI GRADE B OFFICERS RECRUITMENT 2013-PHASE 2

Hello guys,Now that Phase I is over, lets get our preparation started. As you all know, this exam is descriptive in nature. Hence posting questions does not work out. This thread is exclusively abrainstorming session. Prepare for heated argume…

Hello guys,

Now that Phase I is over, lets get our preparation started. As you all know, this exam is descriptive in nature. Hence posting questions does not work out. This thread is exclusively a
brainstorming session. Prepare for heated arguments and fierce debates and come out feeling confident. Lets crack the exam.

good

Before the day is over, I know you are all tired from the preliminary exam today and yesterday. A topic wont hurt much. Current Account deficit. Now we know that it occurs if capital outflows are more than capital inflows. So how does gold imports come into the picture and why is it hurting CAD?

Paper1 - Economics and Social issues

Topic : Economic Growth and Development

Economic growth and development was the terms used by the economists invariably in the same breath till 1930s. This was not due to the fact that they were ignorant, but due to the fact that they believed that economic growth will eventually lead to development. The great depression on 1930s busted this myth and then a new branch alltogether came forward viz welfare economics ( of which Amartya Sen is a big proponent). Now a days there is a key distinction between economic growth and economic development.

What is Economic Growth
Economic growth is a quantitative measure of wellness of an economy. It usually represents the growth in the production of goods and services and the efficient resource utilization in the economy. GDP/NDP/NNP are a few figures which represent the economic growth of a country. It is now evident that merely having a high growth rate doesnt necessarily translate into improvement in the quality of the life of people. Thus we have to look for another component called Economic Development.

Economic Development
Development is a very wide term incorporating both Economic and Social issues. It means the improvement in all spheres of life of the population. It includes longevity, equitable distribution of income,access to education, health care, quantity and quality of jobs and a positive attitude towards work and life.
In other words , World bank defines economic development as, Participation of all the sections of society in economic process and equitable distribution of outcome to all the sections of the society. Economic development in a nut shell will comprise of creation of capability and providing an access to opportunity.

How to Measure Economic Development
As mentioned above, economic development is the combination of both quantitative and qualitative aspects of wellness of a economy. Growth is a necessary condition, to generate surplus, but not sufficient for economic development. Although, we all have a sense of economic development, the measurement is a tedious task, because its a tough decision to include or exclude a variable. Various efforts were made in the last decade of 20th century and one of the most acceptable indicator is Human Development Index (HDI)

Human Development Index ( HDI)

Human development index is the brain child of noted Pakistani welfare economist Mahboob-ul-Haq, who was working in this area since 1970. In 1990, under United Nations development program (UNDP) first Human Development report was published. After few years, he joined hands with amartya sen and came out with a composite index, with 3 component:
a) Longevity : Life Expectancy at Birth
b) Education : Mean Year of Schooling / Expected Year of Schooling
c) Income : GDP Per capita adjusted for PPP

In 2010, They revised the methodology to make it more realistic and included few other indicators like,Inequality adjusted HDI, Gender inequality Index and Multidimensional poverty index.

Criticism of HDI
Although HDI is a well accepted development indicator, it is not without its share of critics. Development is generally associated with peace of mind also, and though western countries higher in HDI, sometimes lack on this front. It is often argued that HDI measures only the material well being of the population. Some other indices like National Happiness Index of Bhutan is gaining currency in the recent times.

A question related to social issues :

Is naxalism a law & order or Socio-economic issue ? What could be the steps to counter it ?? examine in context of recent developments ??

Plz suggest some BOOKS for phase 2 exam so that all topics will get covered....

For paper 2,3 as well as for paper 1....

DEAR PUYS,

FYI👍

RECRUITMENT OF GR B OFFICERS-2011(MAINS HELD ON 18 & 19 JUN 2011)

AGGREGATE CUT – OFF MARKS IN PAPER I, II & III TAKEN TOGETHER IN PHASE II WRITTEN EXAAMINATION FOR SHORTLISTING THE CANDIDATES FOR INTERVIEW (OUT OF TOTAL 300 MARKS).171-GEN 156-OBC 150-SC 150-ST

AGGREGATE MARKS IN PHASE II WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND INTERVIEW TAKEN TOGETHER (OUT OF TOTAL 350 MARKS) OBTAINED BY THE LAST RECOMMENDED CANDIDATE UNDER THE RESPECTIVE CATEGORY WITH REFERENCE TO THE NO. OF VACANCIES NOTIFIED UNDER EACH CATEGORY.199-GEN 181-OBC 181-SC 178-ST

DEAR PUYS,

FYI

RECRUITMENT OF GR B OFFICERS-2011(MAINS HELD ON 18 & 19 JUN 2011)

AGGREGATE CUT – OFF MARKS IN PAPER I, II & III TAKEN TOGETHER IN PHASE II WRITTEN EXAAMINATION FOR SHORTLISTING THE CANDIDATES FOR INTERVIEW (OUT OF TOTAL 300 MARKS).171-GEN 156-OBC 150-SC 150-ST

AGGREGATE MARKS IN PHASE II WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND INTERVIEW TAKEN TOGETHER (OUT OF TOTAL 350 MARKS) OBTAINED BY THE LAST RECOMMENDED CANDIDATE UNDER THE RESPECTIVE CATEGORY WITH REFERENCE TO THE NO. OF VACANCIES NOTIFIED UNDER EACH CATEGORY.199-GEN 181-OBC 181-SC 178-ST

With rupee creating a new history everyday.. I believe we might see a question on this in RBI mains.. After all it is in the line of fire . The issues are :

1) Is fall of rupee bad ??
2) Is the fall of rupee psychological or based on fundamentals??
3) Did RBI and government steps out of options.. and seem helpless??
4) Did the steps taken by both fiscal and monetary authorities potent to counter the free fall ?
5) What could be done in the short-term period ??
6) What can be done in long-term period ??

@ChachaChoudhary @sahil.garg196 @prateek987 @abdullko Bhai logo discuss kiya jaye 😃

@ChachaChoudhary RBI ki marking kaisi hoti hai lenient ya strict ??

Guys.. please explain "non-deliverable forwards" in some easy terms 😃

A currency-swap deal takes place between the central banks of two partner countries, underwhich the banks would give

each other dollars to stabilise their local currencies, in case of need. : Buisness Standard

Kripya karke ise mano-man langauge mein samjhayein @ChachaChoudhary @Pratul19 @prateek987 @mhb103 @sahil.garg196

Disinvestment in India. what is disinvestment in india? Discuss the role played by disinvestment in the context of economic reforms.?

Guys, we know disinvestment is a process of privatization of public sector enterprises. It might be through strategic sale or open offer. My question is what is its impact in vis-a vis govt spending and ov
erall economy?

Aaj ki Khabar : aab commerce minister bol rahe hain.. RBI should monetize gold :)... kya rai hai aap logo ki

Anybody giving CSM with geography as optional ??

NSEL default is in news these days. I tried understanding the business model of NSEL, but somehow I am not very clear on that. Koi simple shabdon mein samjha sakta hai kya ki NSEL ka main business kya tha and how did they earn money? I know that the participants were given warehouse receipts in lieu of their investment. Bust after that how and what was the settlement structure, I am not clear. Koi batayega?

What are swaps in currency?

Someone who appeared for mains last time? How many words to write in a 20 marks Q? Books for paper2 n paper3?

Hi ,

I have few questions regarding India's Debt. According to the PM's speech yesterday. Indias external debt is 21.2% of GDP. Public debt is 66% to GDP and short term debt is 5.2% of GDP. How do these three debt differ? And why are they expressed in terms of GDP and not in terms of Total Debt.
As per my understanding Public debt must be the debt taken from within the country and external from outside the country. Public debt is govt securities?