AIM Manila MM 2011-2012 Admits

Hi Guys! Just got a mail from AIM Manila that i have been shortlisted for MM program’s interview :: to be held on 30th Sept or Oct 1 (They’ll get back with the schedule later :smiley: ). So thought of starting this new thread for shar…

Hi Guys!

Just got a mail from AIM Manila that i have been shortlisted for MM program's interview to be held on 30th Sept or Oct 1 (They'll get back with the schedule later 😃 ).

So thought of starting this new thread for sharing views on AIM interviews and their performance stats in the past few years.

Please share your progress for the MM programme here

ATB

Hi aric

Thanks for starting new thread dedicated for 2011-12 -MM intake...I was thinking of starting a thread for few days..

bty

I am from delhi..and to share with you I went through the TI today and have been extended an offer..am expecting the formal offer with in a weeks time...

So lets take it forward..and hope to see you soon...

Best wishes to all prospective candidates..

Thnx

I too have got an offer for AIM MM starting 2011. May not be a bad idea for folks from Delhi to meet in person. What do you all feel.

I too went thru TI on 24th Sept & was extended the offer of admission for MM starting Jan 2011. Formal offer should take about week to 10 days.

Can anyone throw some light on placement scenario post MM course...this will give us an idea of what lies ahead of us after the course completion.

also if any one of you know any past MM students, then can check with them on placements.

I too have got an initial offer for the MM program. My number is 9980945352 and I am based out of Bangalore. Lets have a chat and try and minimise the concerns while making an informed choice. What i have heard from many is that the reputation of AIM is good and MM program is for people with significant work experience. Lets have a discussion. By the way did anyone of you apply to any other B school and what was the reason for choosing AIM

karthik70 Says
I too have got an initial offer for the MM program. My number is 9980945352 and I am based out of Bangalore. Lets have a chat and try and minimise the concerns while making an informed choice. What i have heard from many is that the reputation of AIM is good and MM program is for people with significant work experience. Lets have a discussion. By the way did anyone of you apply to any other B school and what was the reason for choosing AIM

Don't mention your number or email on pg as its not allowed. please edit the post at the earliest. sent you a PM.

Well That's a good news! and i thought this year no one applied for AIM Manila. Mine is thru. I got an Admit. However, I am looking for a scholarship as well. So waiting for their decision.

Placement scene is still not good. Resource: Existing MBA batch students.

Please share your experiences as well!

Once all of us gets written offer let us open a mailing list in yahoo and know each other more..

well. i am also looking at scholarship.

i checked with their Mumbai office & as per them, almost all the students get placed within 2 to 3 months after passing out as they help them with placements by way of following:

1) Thru placement cell in Manila.
2) Thru Alumni network of AIM.

Can somebody find out the statistics on placements for MM.

I sent a mail to their Mumbai office asking for details & waiting for a revert.

You all can also do the same so that we can make an informed decision.

The reasons for opting for AIM Manila are as below:

1) Its value for money.. costs approx. 11 Lacs (incl. all) as against 15 to 24 Lacs for IIMs & XLRI.
2) Strong branding.
3) Case study methodology.
4) Global Exposure/ experience

Also lets get together & have a tele chat.

awaiting your replies.

well. i am also looking at scholarship.

i checked with their Mumbai office & as per them, almost all the students get placed within 2 to 3 months after passing out as they help them with placements by way of following:

1) Thru placement cell in Manila.
2) Thru Alumni network of AIM.

Can somebody find out the statistics on placements for MM.

I sent a mail to their Mumbai office asking for details & waiting for a revert.

You all can also do the same so that we can make an informed decision.

The reasons for opting for AIM Manila are as below:

1) Its value for money.. costs approx. 11 Lacs (incl. all) as against 15 to 24 Lacs for IIMs & XLRI.
2) Strong branding.
3) Case study methodology.
4) Global Exposure/ experience

Also lets get together & have a tele chat.

awaiting your replies.

Have you got a written admit. I have checked with many concerned from head hunters to HR heads to past students. All of them say the same thing the education pedigree is probably one of the best and all students have a sense of learning. The employer interface is poor but apparently that is more than compensated by the quality of education and it would not be difficult to find a job though networking is crucial. Rating according to some is at par with IIM's for some others it is below IIM's and at par with SP Jain and XLRI. I have been doing nothing but a lot of research in this and feel it may be a safe bet given the cost and the reputation though rankings have taken a tanking. If they have confirmed orally that the admissions are through can i take it for granted since I have not yet got a written confirmation. Did it come by post to you email. Let me know and for all those looking at quality education AIM is great but for those looking at immediate transformation of careers not so sure. But i guess that is the same with most B schools at the executive education level. Lets stay connected
karthik70 Says
Have you got a written admit. I have checked with many concerned from head hunters to HR heads to past students. All of them say the same thing the education pedigree is probably one of the best and all students have a sense of learning. The employer interface is poor but apparently that is more than compensated by the quality of education and it would not be difficult to find a job though networking is crucial. Rating according to some is at par with IIM's for some others it is below IIM's and at par with SP Jain and XLRI. I have been doing nothing but a lot of research in this and feel it may be a safe bet given the cost and the reputation though rankings have taken a tanking. If they have confirmed orally that the admissions are through can i take it for granted since I have not yet got a written confirmation. Did it come by post to you email. Let me know and for all those looking at quality education AIM is great but for those looking at immediate transformation of careers not so sure. But i guess that is the same with most B schools at the executive education level. Lets stay connected

The quality of executive education in IIMs can not be compared with that of international institutes because they have just taken off. Nobody has the statistics of how well these students get placed, and how satisfied they are with their placements.

As of transformation of career, I'd say that it is possible, but it is extremely difficult to get rid of your past. If you want any benefit of your work-experience when discussing salary, you may find it hard to bargain in such situations. Make an informed decision.
The quality of executive education in IIMs can not be compared with that of international institutes because they have just taken off. Nobody has the statistics of how well these students get placed, and how satisfied they are with their placements.

As of transformation of career, I'd say that it is possible, but it is extremely difficult to get rid of your past. If you want any benefit of your work-experience when discussing salary, you may find it hard to bargain in such situations. Make an informed decision.

I am little confused if i were to understand you right you mean that AIM's MM being already in the market for close to three decades is better than the exec programs of IIM's. Do you think that an MM pass out would be able to leverage the learning at MM for a sustained growth in his career even though the initial placements may not be great

No. I'm just saying that it is not fair to compare AIM with the fledgeling IIMs' executive courses in this discussion.

No to the other one too. If you have a 10 year experience in, say, IT, and want to switch to a career in Finance, it is possible. But then you may not be able to demand the salary that a 6-year guy can demand. You may need to start out at a fresher's salary.
Companies anticipate that the recruit may get frustrated quickly due to this, and quit. Hence they usually don't recruit people who are switching into completely unrelated careers.

Hi Puys,

Bumped into this thread after using the search form for PG. I recently came across this advertorial in ToI from AIM W.SyCIP Graduate School of Business for a 16 mnth MBA and folks eligible to apply should have a minimum work-ex of 2 yrs.

Now, I have not found any discussions regarding the mentioned MBA program of AIM. Anyone here having a feedback and please guide me further on the same.

I too got the acceptance for MM Jan 2011 intake.. However, the scholership may not be granted. I have applied for this program for almost the same reasons as others. I'll not mind joining if I could get some more clarity on the placements support and statistics. Best if we can connect to current students, that will provide the most authenticate picture from ground zero.

I would like to have more information about AIM Manila.Can all the people who got shortlisted please post their brief profile and their interview experiences.

Thanks

Hi All,

Got the official letter today. Will go thru it & revert.

Hi All

I too have got formal offer letter on 30th Sep. with a deadline of 15th Oct for initial deposit $400 to confirm the seat. I am convinced (through lots of research, speaking to few consultants and with credentials and accreditation -AACSB) that on long run this will sure be the best bat compared to other 1Yr MBAs considering quality of education and overall cost.

In Rs Lac

Cuurent Pay (Average)
Fee
Opportunity lost
Overall cost
Av. Salary/Annum
Placements
IIM (ABC)
Almost immediately
ISB
Almost immediately
Greatlakes
With in 3 months
SP Jain
Almost immediately
XLRI
With in 3 months
AMBA Accrdiated UK MBA (Top 30)
No gurantee
AIM
With in 3-6 months

With above illustration - I would say all are at par, tilted towards AIM. The placement story that we here about ISB, IIMs is about only those who are on top of the league but what about others (ISB has over 600 seats per intake..).Average median salary is as above for even ISB and IIMs.

With global trade shifting towards Asia-Pacific region, acceptance of AIM in Asia-Pacific other than India is a big plus.

I would advise all aspirants not to think much about placements as AIM is not a placement agency. It is an institute focused on imparting quality education moreover with our professional experience, credentials we should be least bothered about placement, we should have confidence on ourselves with our credentials about jobs.

So let bring positive energy to the ongoing discussion and those who are with me and have got offer letter or in process of getting letter, lets take it forward.Take active participation in this forum to address conman issues.

I'll try to bring on board in this forum -some of alumni, current student or add com to respond to our quarries.

All the best.

Thanks
Anurag
[email protected]
** Available on facebook and gtalk with same ID

@ Mad_onion -

You can visit following thread to know more abotu AIM MBA in particular..
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/intern...2010-a-59.html (Asian Institue of Management SY 2010 (MBA & MM) Intake)

Thnx
Anurag