[2013-15] FMS Delhi GD-PI Experiences Thread

Best of luck everyone for the GD/PI process of FMS.Please post your experiences in the following format: PROFILE: CAT Percentile OA : QA & DI : VA & LR : Acads: X : XII : Undergrad Major - Work-Ex: NIL/Sector …

Best of luck everyone for the GD/PI process of FMS.
Please post your experiences in the following format:

PROFILE:

CAT Percentile
OA :
QA & DI :
VA & LR :

Acads:
X :
XII :
Undergrad Major -

Work-Ex:
NIL/Sector -

GD:
Topic:
Number of Ppl present :
Time:
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:

PI:
Panel Members Intro :
Description of the process:

Surprises(if any) add Overall Experience-

Verdict-

Note: Please maintain the sanctity of this thread. Refrain from posting anything apart from the experience. Use PM to ask doubts. Add important points that you missed out in the existing post. Cheers.

hey what tym d process ends for 11 wala slot...

@raitian said:
hey what tym d process ends for 11 wala slot...
My ended at 6 pm... So latest by 8 pm
@nits2811 said:
My ended at 6 pm... So latest by 8 pm
plz share atleast your extempore and gd topic and general overview of the interview.....i hv mine tmrw...
@katewinslet said:
plz share atleast your extempore and gd topic and general overview of the interview.....i hv mine tmrw...
Wld shar it by nite.. Extremely tired ryte now

As told, pls don't spam the thread guys. Would be difficult for aspirants to navigate through the thread.

@mods: Pls delete this comment and others irrelevant.

can people share their experience and not the time their gdpi ended 😛

@Joe-Satriani
Can you please post your GDPI experience here.
Thanks

Make hey in the sunshine...extempore topic..
True success is preferably measured by the goals one sets..gd topic
Interview 5 mins..
@nits2811 What did you speak for the Extempore Topic?

plz share you interview experiences also

The first experience!
PROFILE:

CAT Percentile
OA :99.85
QA & DI :97.64
VA & LR :99.94

Acads:
X :89.33
XII :91.4
Undergrad Major -6.99CGPA

Work-Ex: 24 months in It sector
NIL/Sector -

GD:
Topic: Paper less office is a reality or not

Number of Ppl present : 12
Time: 14 mins (1 min for thinking, 12 mins for discussion and 1 min to conculde..we were notified when to start and also when to summarize the discussion by the panelists)

Brief Snapshot of Discussion: As some of the earlier slot guys' GD got scrapped, ours was not a fish market. Almost everyone pitched in. I had two or three points to say. An avg performance

My slot was at 3.30 pm, but it began at 5.45pm..so every interview was going at a lightning pace ..each guy was interviewed for 5mins max.

PI:
Panel Members Intro : Two Senior Lady Professors(L1, L2) and a male professor(M)
L2: Good evening, have a seat...You now have to say about a topic for 1 min. We'll give you ten seconds to gather your thoughts. your extempore topic is "Optimism". Are you comfortable with that
Me: Yes ma'am, no problem..And I give a decent attempt, though I ended it 5-10 secs before the time expired.
L2: You still have time
Me: Sheepishly..but I have already concluded ma'am
L2:(Laughing): Ok, No problem
L2: So, optimism is like baking powder in a cake. Do you agree
Me: Yes ma'am, in the sense that Optimism is a very important component in anyone's life just as baking powder is an important component in preparing cake
L2: Ok, so we are now in a period of depression
Me: Economic depression madam?
L2: No no, people are very depressed in general. So, what would you suggest to counter that.
Me: In my opinion, one of the biggest causes of depression is lack of personal interactions. So, I'd suggest a method where people get to spend more time with people, family. Also, in companies there must be some fun filled team activities so that depression can be alleviated to some extent atleast.
L2: ok
L1: So, do you know what CSR is?
Me: Yes madam, Corporate social responsibility
L1: Tell me some examples of CSR
Me: Surely ma'am, more recently, Wipro chairman Azim Premji has pledged around 2 billion for social causes and similarly Warren Buffett has an organization that takes care of many social activities, I dont recall the name . Also, Bill Gates along with his wife are trying very hard to fight against AIDS.
L1: Ok ok, (she asks some other question which I dont remember, but was able to answer)
L1 hands over to M
M: Asks some question and asks if I heard of that.
Me: No sir, I dont know about it
M: So, do you think if CSR is important for development of a country
Me: Yes sir, its very much important and for a deveoping country like opurs, it becomes much more important. India is a country with the most people below poverty and the rich giving away some money for the welfare of these people is good. For the overall development of a country, CSR is essential.
M: ok..looks at L1
They both nod signalling that the interview is over and asked me to leave.
I thanked them and left the room.

Description of the process: The most unorganized organization(no disrespect, but its the glaring truth). The panelists were very amicable though.

Surprises(if any) add Overall Experience-Be ready for long waits..I reiterate this again!!

Verdict- a direct convert(rank 66)

@nits2811 thnks could v plz hav ur interwiev exp too...
@nits2811 for extempore do they give tym to think .... and for how long they allow u to speak.

and interview 5 m really :P...............what could they possibly judge in that :P

Thanks !!!
@gaurav1131 said:
@nits2811for extempore do they give tym to think .... and for how long they allow u to speak.and interview 5 m really ...............what could they possibly judge in thatThanks !!!
I was not given.. Very less tym was given say 10 secs..
My interview major questions
Lady prof grilling me on reading habits of todays youth..
She asked me vertical and i said finance..
She asked me sub prime crisis and name of banks involved in financial scams..
Bbye tata..
@nits2811 said:
Make hey in the sunshine...extempore topic..True success is preferably measured by the goals one sets..gd topicInterview 5 mins..
wats the meaning of ur extempore topic??????????????????

wats the maximum time the 11 am slot can go...

@rahulsharma3154 MAKE HAY WHILE THE SUN SHINES -- "Act while conditions are favorable"
Google baba ki Jai !!!
@mpranav1811 ohh thanks a lot ye pio...