The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (abbreviated as CSIR) is a body established by the Government of India as the largest body conducting research for development and progress in several fields. CSIR comprises of various laboratories for research under it. One among these is the CSIR-Central Building Research Institute or the CSIR-CBRI which is located in Roorkee, Uttarakhand.
This particular research laboratory works on the building and housing and such areas which will help create solutions for planning, designing and construction.
The CSIR-CBRI has announced several vacancies for the post of Project Assistant Level – III and II. For the recruitment of these posts, it will be conducting a walk-in interview for any candidate who feels that they are eligible for the stated posts. The date of the interview has been set on 22nd and 23rd October 2019.
There are a total of 11 vacancies, combined, for Project Assistant Level – III and IV. The vacancies for each post are as follows –
- Project Assistant Level – III: 10 posts
- Project Assistant Level – II: 1 post
It is important that the candidates are eligible for the stated posts before coming for the interview. The detailed eligibility criteria, along with specific job requirements are stated in the notification released by the CSIR-CBRI.
The following are some of the eligibility criteria for the post of Project Assistant Level-III :
- Bachelors of Engineering or, Bachelor of Technology in Electrical engineering/ Electrical and Communication/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering OR,
- Masters of Engineering or, Master of Technology in Structural Engineering.
- The maximum age for application is 35 years.
The following are some of the eligibility criteria for the Post of Project Assistant Level- II:
- Bachelor of Engineering or, Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or in Electrical Communication.
- The maximum age for application is 30 years.
Candidates will also be required to fill up an application form, the printout for which can be taken from the notification itself. The form must be filled in carefully to avoid mistakes. The form needs to be filled in the written format after taking the printout.
For the selection, candidates can appear for an interview in front of a Selection Committee set up by CSIR-CBRI, Roorkee. The date and time of the interview have been stated in the notification and candidates are advised to reach the venue on time. The following are the documents that the candidates must carry in the interview –
- One copy of the biodata (application form)
- Passport size photograph (latest)
- Self-attested photocopy of certificates, Mark sheets, etc.
- Candidates must also carry five other copies of the biodata.
- Original documents must also be carried.
Candidates will only be selected on the basis of the interview conducted by the CSIR-CBRI.