VES Institute of Management Studies and Research (VESIM), Mumbai
It all began in 1962. Vivekanand Education Society (VES) – a premier education institution came into being. Conceptualised and instituted by a great humanitarian and visionary Late Shri. Hashu Advani, VES was one of the first educational institutions in Mumbai that made education accessible to students from all strata of society.
The journey that began with just 256 students is today expanded to include 20,000 students who enrol in various courses across 22 educational institutions run by VES. The year 1994 was a milestone year in the history of VES. A new-age business school-Vivekanand Education Society Institute of Management Studies and Research (VESIM) was instituted on 31st march 1994. Currently, the student intake is 180 students in MMS and 120 in PGDM.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) – The course covers four specializations: Business Analytics, Banking & Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- Master of Management Studies (MMS)
- Executive MBA
- VESIM takes pride in its resource pool of talented academicians as core faculty, and distinguished corporate managers serving as visiting and adjunct faculty.
- The Institute emphasizes on growth oriented curriculum and “Outcome Based Learning”. The Institute delivers MMS and PGDM courses.
- The PGDM is AICTE approved, and its curriculum is reviewed and tailored by the Board of Studies (BOS) to match the requirements of the changing business landscape.
- The MMS is approved by the University of Mumbai, and has a prescribed syllabus.
International exposure and global experience have become important aspects of management education. Understanding the rising importance of globalized education system.
VESIM has signed 6 MOU’s with International universities, (Oklahoma State University, USA; EUDE B-School, Spain; Synergy University, Moscow; Technical University of Cartagena, Spain; University of Highlands & Islands, UK; Delaware State University, USA) for both outbound and inbound student and faculty exchange programmes.
Impeccable Placement Record:
Every year, our students get placed in top corporate houses & MNCs in India. At VESIM, the placement is 100% a student-driven activity, and organized under the guidance of the Placement Cell.
The Placement Cell organizes various programs such as alumni mentoring programs, mock group discussions, and various other corporate interaction events. All these programs are designed to help students
VESIM Mumbai Ranking & Awards:
- ‘A’ Grade awarded by Govt. of Maharashtra – DTE
- Ranked as Top 11th B-School in Mumbai by Times of India B-School Survey 2018
- Ranked among Top 76-100 Rank Band PAN India by NIRF
- Bronze winner in “9th Indian Management Conclave Award 2018” held at IIM Bangalore
- Ranked among Top B- Schools by Business Today
- Best Business School awarded by ABP News
- Best Emerging Institute in Management Awarded by DNA
- B-School with Industry related Curriculum in Business Analytics by World Education Congress
- Rating AA+ by Careers360
- Rating A7 by Business Standard
- Certificate of Excellence & ‘A’ Grade awarded by Chronicle
- Ranked 9th in West Zone by Silicon India
- Ranked 14th by Business Barons
- Ranked among Top B-Schools of Eminence by Competition Success Review
- Ranked in Top 100 B-School in India by Dalal Street Investment Journal
- Best Educational Institute by Newsmakers Achievers Awards (NBC)
- Best Management Institute Category Tier 2 by BMA
Hashu Advani Memorial Complex, 495/497,
Collector’s Colony, Chembur, Mumbai – 400 074
VESIM Mumbai Admission 2019:
- A person who has graduated from any recognized Indian university with a minimum 50% marks.
- Final year graduating students can apply, but their admission will be withheld until they clear the qualifying exam with 50% marks.
- Entrance Exam test scores of CAT /XAT /MAT/ MH-CET/ CMAT/ GMAT/ ATMA will be accepted.
Intake – 120 seats
Application Selection Process
Documents required with Application form for Admission
- The attested photo copies of the following documents should be enclosed along with the application form at the time of submission of application.
- Three latest photographs of the applicant.
- SSC examination Marksheet
- HSC examination Marksheet
- Graduation All Semester Marksheets, Degree & Passing Certificate
- CAT/XAT/MHCET/MAT/CMAT/GMAT/ATMA/Equivalent Exam score card
- Institute Leaving / Transfer Certificate
- Identity proof – (Driving License, Passport, Aadhar card or Voter Id)
- Nationality proof (Birth Certificate/School Leaving Certificate/Domicile Certificate/Passport)
- Migrant’s Certificate (Applicable only to outside Mumbai University students)
- Gap Certificate (if there is an educational gap due to any reason after passing the qualifying examination). This should be submitted as an affidavit by the candidate
- Caste Certificate (If student belongs to Reserve Category)
Note: The original copies and one set of attested photo copies of the above mentioned documents are required at the time of admission. If a candidate fails to submit the above Certificates within the prescribed period of time, the admission shall be treated as cancelled and no refund will be given.
Admissions would be conducted on the basis of common entrance test scores of CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ MHCET/ CMAT/ GMAT/ ATMA. GD-PI will be conducted by the Institute. Suitable weightage will be given to past academic record and work experience.
|Course name||Duration||Fees||Exams Accepted|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management [PGDM]||2 years||6.50 Lakhs||CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, MH-CET|
|Master of Management Studies [MMS]||2 years||6.50 Lakhs||CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, GMAT, ATMA, MH-CET|
|Year||Companies Visited||Highest Package||Average Package|
American Express , Bajaj Capital and etc., Barclays Bank , Capgemini , Fractal Analytics ltd , GODREJ & BOYCE , Godrej Properties Limited , HDFC Bank , Hexaware Technologies , Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt. Ltd , IMRB , ITC , India Bulls , JK Tyre , Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd , Kotak Mahindra Bank , L&T INFOTECH , L&T Ltd. , Lodha Group , Marathon Electric India Ltd , Nestle India , Nomura Services India (P) Ltd. , PHILIPS , S & P Architects , S&P Capital IQ , SBI LIFE INSURANCE , Sundaram Fasteners , TCS , TNS India , Tech Mahindra , The Nielsen Company , Transparent Energy Pvt. Ltd. , Trident , Wipro , Zycus
|12.50 LPA||6.70 LPA|
Infrastructure and Facilities
VESIM offers state-of-the-art infrastructure, which is envied by other business schools. Our campus is equipped with all modern facilities that provide a perfect setting for academic pursuits. The combination of world-class amenities, resources, curricular and extra-curricular activities goes a long way in ensuring a productive campus life. The sprawling campus houses several renovated buildings, such as administrative offices, area for recreational activities, classrooms and learning centres, library, etc.
VESIM Mumbai has always contributed to the tradition of academic excellence through its well-designed academic programs. We have always striven to honour students with brilliant academic records by providing them scholarships. A student who has scored brilliantly in their graduation can approach us with the mark sheet, and other details, if he/she wishes to take advantage of this scholarship program.
- First in Merit – INR 75,000
- Second in Merit – INR 50,000
- Third in Merit – INR 25,000
- Fourth in Merit – INR 25,000
- Fifth in Merit – INR 25,000
Scholarships for Low-Income Students
Inspired by our founder, Late Shri Hashu Advani, VESIM is committed to the cause of making education accessible to all sections of society. In collaboration with D. L. Shah Trust, we provide financial assistance to 5 Students from economically weak sections with an annual income lesser than 4 Lacs. Each student will receive INR 50,000 as assistance. D.L. Shah Trust is a leading NGO that makes liberal donations to the cause of education on an annual basis.
- First – INR 50,000
- Second – INR 50,000
- Third – INR 50,000
- Fourth – INR 50,000
- Fifth – INR 50,000
Special Encouragement Scholarship to Female & Differently Abled Students of INR 10,000/- will be awarded.