University Rankings by SASTRA
Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology, and Research Academy (SASTRA University) is ranked by popular ranking bodies such as QS ranking in a variety of categories. NIRF, World University Rankings, and so on. Here are some recent SASTRA University rankings:
- SASTRA University is one of the Indian institutions included in the Times Higher Education Ranking 2018 by World University Rankings.
- World University Rankings ranks it among the top 350 Asian universities.
- The QS University Rankings placed it among the BRICS Top 300 Universities in Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa.
- QS Asia Ranking 2018 places it among the top 400 Asian universities.
Admission to SASTRA University
- SASTRA University Undergraduate Admission
- Applicants for UG courses must have completed class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board.
- The application form is available on the university's official website. Eligible applicants must download the form, complete it, and send it to the prescribed address along with all required documents.
- The selection is based on the marks obtained in the most recent qualifying examination.
- The university accepts a valid JEE Main Exam score for admission to the B.Tech program.
- Applicants must pass the CLAT Exam with a valid score in order to be admitted to law courses.
Ph.D. Admission to SASTRA University
- A PG degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 50% marks is required to apply for the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) program at SASTRA University.
- The admission criteria for PG courses are the same as for UG courses, and they are the results of the most recent qualifying examination.
SASTRA University School
Given below are the names of all 12 schools run by SASTRA University:
- School of Chemical & Biotechnology
- School of Civil Engineering
- School of Computing
- School of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- School of Humanities & Sciences
- School of Management
- School of Mechanical Engineering
- School of Law
- Centre for Advanced Research in Indian System of Medicine (CARISM)
- Centre for Nanotechnology & Advanced Biomaterials (CeNTAB)
- Distance Education
Faculty at SASTRA University
SASTRA University's faculty are highly qualified in their fields, holding advanced degrees such as Masters and Ph.D. The following are the contact information for some of SASTRA University's core faculty members:
- Rajan Ks
- Designation: Dean
- Qualification: Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering) M.Tech. (Process Engineering & Design), and B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering).
- Specialization: Nanofluids, Process Intensification, Thermal Energy Storage
- Ponnusami V
- Designation: Associate Dean
- Qualification: Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering) B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering), and M.B.A. (Finance management)
- Specialization: Environmental Engineering - wastewater treatment, waste management, biofuels. Fermentation, Enzyme production, Enzyme kinetics.
- Subramanyam B
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: M.E (Environmental Engineering & Pollution Control) and Ph.D. (Environmental Engineering)
- Specialization: Water and Wastewater Treatment.
- Designation: Professor
- Qualification: BE Electronics & Communication (Thiagarajar College of Engineering), MS Computer Science & Engineering (IIT Madras), and Ph.D. Computer Science & Engineering (IIT Guwahati)
- Specialization: Machine Vision; Machine Learning - Neural Networks, Deep Learning; Parallel Architectures - VLSI & Embedded Systems; Work Experience: 15 years of teaching & research experience at IITs and NTU Singapore.
- Srinivasa Kumar V
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: M.COM., M.Phil., and Ph.D.,
- Specialization: Financial Reporting Capital Restructuring Financial Performance Measurement system Volatility clustering model Project Budgeting.
SASTRA University Facilities
Research and Development
SASTRA has been designated as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) by the Government of India's Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR). Currently, the university is conducting research for organizations such as AYUSH, CSIR, CMRI, DBT, DRDL, DRDO, ISRO, DST, ICMR, and others.
Student Extracurricular Activities
DAKSH, the international techno-management festival, is an annual event that includes a variety of events involving all engineering trades. DAKSH, which began in 2007, is now in its eighth edition. DAKSH provides students from around the world with the opportunity to showcase their techno-managerial skills while participating in a variety of exciting events, workshops, excellent power talks, and social responsibility campaigns over the course of three days in February.
BIOTIKOS: While the old and fundamental sciences are literally "researched" to extract more and more facts and comprehend them in great detail, there is a branch of research that focuses on how to apply the former's findings to improve the quality of life on Earth. BIOTIKOS activities take place all year. It has weekly TECH-FORUM sessions, which serve as a great model of interaction between juniors and seniors.
NCC Organization - National Cadet Corps In light of the changing socioeconomic environment, the Ministry of Defence undertook an exercise to align the goals of the NCC with the aspirations of the youth. NCC organises training camps for students in both rural and urban areas. Students who do not have the opportunity to live in a community benefit the most from these camps.
- Prime Minister's Rally
- Annual Training Camp
- National Integration Camp
- Centrally Organized Camp
- Republic Day Camp
- Flag Hoisting Ceremony
Activities & Clubs
SASTRA's various Student Clubs - Literary Club, Auto Club, Oratory and Debating Club, JAM Club, Fine Arts Club, Quiz Club, and so on - hold weekly meetings to bring out and develop the students' talents. These clubs have assisted SASTRA in achieving honours in various inter-college cultural competitions such as SARANG, FESTEMBER, RIVERA, and others. SASTRA's National Level Annual Technical and Cultural Festivals, DAKSH and KURUKSHETRA, are organised by various student clubs. SASTRA's inter and intra college sports competitions are COLOSSEUM and FUERA.
Saraswathi Sadan, the university's library, is an architectural marvel with 47,000 square feet of modern study space, an audio-visual room, internet access, and reprographic facilities.
- Saraswathi Sadan houses over 1,02,600 books worth Rs 5.29 crores, and the library subscribes to 290 journals and magazines in fields such as engineering, management, and law.
- Over 11,000 scientific, technical, and management journals are available, as are over 12,000 ASTM standards.
- Access to bibliographic information from over 26,000 journals is available through online databases such as Scopus and MathSciNet.
- It also has a subscription to the PROQUEST Digital Dissertation database, which has full-text access to over 17,000 Ph.D. theses and dissertations.
- Between 2005 and 2012, SASTRA University Library purchased over 18,000 Springer e-books from the various subject collections of the copyright year.
- The Library also has access to over 73,000 full-text books through eBrary.