IMI Delhi is India's first corporate-sponsored business school. The college is ranked 26th among Management Schools in India by the NIRF 2021 and 7th in India by Outlook India's "Top 150 Private MBA Institutions" of 2021. It has also received accreditation from AMBA and NBA. IMI New Delhi has global linkages with leading schools in Europe, North America, and Asia. IMI Delhi offers PGDM as its flagship program. The PGDM fee is INR 19.25 Lakhs and admission to the PGDM program of IMI Delhi is offered on the basis of CAT/ XAT score. PGDM Admission at IMI Delhi is a 2-stage process, i.e. at stage 1 applicants are assessed on the basis of entrance exam score and academic profile of the candidate. In phase 2, selected candidates are further called for a Personal Assessment process (Essay Writing + Personal Interview). The CAT cutoff 2022 for admission to IMI Delhi was 90 percentile.
Apart from the flagship PGDM program, IMI Delhi also offers PGDM program in HRM (Human Resource Management) & B&FS (Banking & Financial Services). The college offers a 2 year Executive PGDM program. Candidates seeking admission to MDI Delhi Executive program must have a minimum work experience of 5 years. A valid score in CAT / XAT / NMAT/ MAT / CMAT / ATMA / IMI Entrance Test is accepted for initial shortlisting. Final Executive PGDM admission is based on Personal assessment conducted by IMI Delhi. The FPM program is full-time doctoral program offered by IMI Delhi. Candidates are required to appear for IMI Research Aptitute Test for FPM Admission. However, candidates having a valid score in CAT/ GRE/ XAT/ NET Exam are exempted to appear from the IMI Research Test.
IMI Delhi Quick facts
- Ranking: IMI New Delhi is Ranked no.26 in MHRD-NIRF Ranking 2021 amongst all B-Schools in the country.
- Accreditation: IMI is accredited by two leading international accreditation bodies - AMBA and SAQS. All programs at IMI New Delhi are approved by AICTE.
- Selection Criteria 2022: Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of CAT Score and the Academic Record. As per the latest IMI New Delhi Policy, the college will also accept XAT for MBA Admission 2022. After the first shortlist is released, IMI Delhi will call the selected candidates for Essay writing and personal Interview.
- Personal Interview Centres: IMI Delhi will conduct the PI for PGDM, PGDM (HRM) & PGDM (B&FS) at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
- IMI New Delhi Sponsors: IMI New Delhi is India’s first corporate-sponsored business school established with the support of corporate houses like RPG Enterprises, Nestle, ITC, SAIL, Tata Chemicals, BOC and Williamson Magor.
- International Collaboration: IMI’s International linkages with reputed institutions such as UNDP, World Bank, ILO, UNCTAD and Asian Productivity Organisation underscores its emphasis on professionalism, excellence and quality.
- IMI Delhi Courses: IMI offers three full time 2 years duration PGDM programmes: PGDM, PGDM (HRM), PGDM (B&FS), PGDM (Executive) and PhD program.
- IMI Delhi Placements: IMI Delhi concluded its 2022 placement drive with 100% placements. The highest & average salary offered was INR 32 LPA & INR 15.23 LPA respectively.
IMI Delhi Admission Dates
|CAT Registration Date (Tentative)||August 3, 2022 - September 23, 2022|
|CAT Exam Date (Tentative)||November 27, 2022|
|Program Start Date (PGDMEx)||August 1, 2022|
IMI Delhi Ranking
|Ranking Bodies||Ranking Parameter||Ranking|
|NIRF 2021||MBA Institute||26|
|Outlook 2021||Top 10 Private B School||7|
|Outlook 2021||All Private Institute||11|
|MBA Universe 2021||Overall MBA Institute||16|
IMI New Delhi Admission Cut Off 2022
It is expected that IMI Admission Cutoff may remain more or less same for PGDM 2022 as mentioned under:
|PGDM||88 - 90|
|PGDM (Banking & Financial services||85 - 88|
IMI Delhi Placements 2022
IMI Delhi Placements 2022 is successfully completed. The participating batch achieved 100% placements. The highest salary, average salary & median salary increased compared to the last year. Consulting & Ed-Tech sector played a dominating role during the placement drive. Top recruiters like Accenture, Genpact, HCL, IBM, Infosys, Deloitte, EY etc visited the campus. The highlights of the placement drive are mentioned below:
- Placement percentage : 100%
- Number of students placed : 341
- Highest salary : INR 32 LPA
- Average salary : INR 15.23 LPA
- Median salary : INR 14.17 LPA
- Top 10% average salary : INR 23.04 LPA
- Top 25% average salary : INR 19.85 LPA
- Top 10% median salary : INR 20.80 LPA
- Top 25% median salary : INR 18.20 LPA
- Major sector : Consulting & EdTech, IT/ITES/Telecom
IMI Delhi Placements 2022 Course-wise
The following table represents the course-wise salary statistics of IMI Delhi:
|Highest salary||INR 32 LPA||INR 19.47 LPA||INR 32 LPA|
|Average salary||INR 15.48 LPA||INR 14.30 LPA||INR 15 LPA|
|Median salary||INR 15.11 LPA||INR 14.09 LPA||INR 13.11 LPA|
|Average salary of top 10% students||INR 23.49 LPA||INR 18.64 LPA||INR 23.23 LPA|
|Average salary of top 25% students||INR 20.08 LPA||INR 17.57 LPA||INR 20.35 LPA|
IMI Delhi Summer Internship Placements 2023
IMI Delhi started its 2023 summer internship placement drive. Till now, the highest salary package of INR 2.40 Lakhs per month was received. The 2022 summer internship placement drive is concluded. Recruiters across various sectors visited the campus. Among all the sectors, the highest number of internship offers were made from the FMCG sector followed by the BFSI & consulting sectors. Some of the major recruiters included Bajaj Allianz, Future Generali, Adani, Capgemini, Deloitte, Decathlon, Career 360, Infosys. The highlights of the 2022 summer internship placement drive are mentioned below:
- The overall highest stipend stood at INR 2 Lakhs per month.
- An average stipend of INR 50.057 K per month was offered to the students.
- The median stipend stood at INR 44 K per month.
- Top 10% students received an average stipend of INR 1.47 Lakhs per month.
- Top 20% students received an average stipend of INR 1.23 Lakhs per month.
- Top 30% students received an average stipend of INR 94.78 K per month.
- 27% of the offers were made from the FMCG sector, 22% of the offers were made from the consulting sector & BFSI sector each.
IMI Delhi Alumni & Startups
IMI Delhi has an alumni relations committee that is responsible for organizing and managing several activities and initiatives every year. The committee has the participation of more than 6000 eminent alumni. Some of the reputed notable alumni of IMI Delhi are mentioned below.
- Tanvi Johri: Founder and CEO of Carmesi
- Karan Kumar: Chief Marketing Officer & Brand Strategist
- Tanvi Sharma: HR, Strategy & Business Development.
- Anurag Kumar: HR Professional
- Aakansha Bansal: HR Professional at Corporate and Consulting
- Nidhi Bhatia: Technology, Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Warehousing, Cargo, Start-up, Fintech & Supply chain Finance Specialist.
Popular Startups by the IMI Delhi Alumni:
Few startup companies founded by the IMI Delhi Alumni are as follows.
- Seven3Rockers Technologies
- The Design Shop
- exchange4media Group
- Nexge Technologies
- WEB EFFECTS
- R2D Commercial Pvt. Ltd.
- Elan HR Solutions
- Rage Chocolatier
- Catalyst Sports & Wellness
IMI Delhi FAQs
Q. Is IMI Delhi better than IMT Ghaziabad?
Ans. IMI Delhi has great opportunities to offer, not only in the field of finance, but marketing as well. The course is interspersed with interesting projects, guest lectures by industry experts and workshops that would keep you busy, round the clock. Parameters for choosing IMI Delhi are as follows:
- Placements: IMI Delhi have top FMCG companies like Asian Paints, Nestle, Reckitt Benckiser, Emami, HUL, Havmor, Piramal Group, Fairtrade LLC, Moolchand, Perfetti Van Melle, Coffee Day Beverages and many other premium recruiters in this sector visiting the campus every year. The profiles offered, range from Sales and Marketing, Brand Management, Product Management to Digital Marketing and Market Research. The remuneration offered is extremely good, especially for top performers.
- Faculty: The faculty here is extremely competent with great representation across all fields. Marketing sector. IMI New Delhi puts a strong focus on high-quality research by its faculty leading to publications in
international peer-reviewed academic journals. Its faculty have PhDs from top international and national universities/institutes, with many of them also having significant corporate experience.
- Batch Profile: The batch profile over here is pretty strong. The institute has people from different cities, top colleges with core sales/advertising roles who add real value to the class. The mix of freshers and work-ex people is conducive for good placements.
Q. Does IMI Delhi offer hostel facilities?
- For self and company sponsored students:
- Hostel charges- INR 1,44,000 (2021-22); INR 1,55,000 (2022-23)
- Mess Charges- INR 74,000 (2021-22); INR 81,000 (2022-23)
- For foreign nationals:
- Hostel charges- 2015 USD (2021-22); 2154 USD (2022-23)
- Mess Charges- 1025 USD (2021-22); 1120 USD (2022-23)
Q. Does IMI Delhi offer any summer programmes/ internships to students?
Q. How is the faculty at IMI Delhi?
Q. Which area of specialization is offered by IMI Delhi?
- Human Resources Management/Organizational Behavior
- Information Systems
Q. Which are some of the notable alumni of IMI Delhi?
Ans. Various alumni members of IMI belong to the field of arts, administration and consultancy services to name a few. Some of the notable alumni are listed here:
- Niketan Madhok, Fashion model
- Raghav Lakhanpal, Former Member of the Lok Sabha
- Rahul Guhathakurta, Consultant
- Jitin Prasada, Indian Politician
Q. Which are some of the recruiters who visit IMI Delhi campus?
Ans. Over 50 recruiters visited the IMI campus for the placements session of 2020-2021. Some of the top few names include:
- HDFC Bank Ltd.
- HDFC Life
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- IDBI Bank Ltd.
- Idea Cellular Ltd.
- IMRB International
- India Today Group
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- IndusInd Bank Ltd.
- J.K. Group of Industries
- L&T Financial Services
- Nestle India Ltd
Q. Is IMI Delhi good?
Ans. IMI Delhi is one of the top-rated and highly recommended institutes in India for management programs. The institute offers the best education quality along with handsome salary packages during placements to its students. Also, the campus environment of IMI Delhi is student-friendly and quite supportive.
Q. How are the placements at IMI Delhi?
Q. Is financial assistance provided at IMI Delhi?
Q. How is the selection process at IMI Delhi?