The Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) established in 1981 under the aegis of Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM) is one of the largest, most renowned educational complexes in Mumbai. It is now deemed-to-be university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1951.
The flourishing NMIMS has over 6000 students and more than 300 faculty members who represent an eclectic mix of industry and academic experience. It has off-campus centres at Shirpur in Maharashtra, and at Bengaluru. For the proposed campuses, a sprawling 90 acre plot of land has been allotted by the Government of Andhra Pradesh near Hyderabad, whereas at Chandigarh, land has been allotted by the UT Administration of Chandigarh.
Schools and Programs
Since its inception 29 years ago, NMIMS has grown tremendously, and at present has seven Schools offering programs across various disciplines such as Management, Technology, Science, Pharmacy, Architecture and Commerce at graduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels.
The programs offered are a mix of core courses such as MBA and B.Tech. and innovative industry-oriented courses like MBA Pharma Tech., MBA Pharmaceutical Management, MBA Capital Markets and MBA Banking.
Through Computer Based Entrance Test NMAT2011 to be conducted from Oct 1 2010 till Dec 31 2010. For more info www.nmims.edu
NMIMS also has highly flexible Distance Learning programs in which the emphasis is on self-paced learning.
Recognition and Achievements
The Deemed-to-be University has successfully carved a niche for itself among the country’s premier educational institutions, a fact borne out by the many prestigious awards and honours to its credit:
- NMIMS has been ranked as the 5th among private B-schools by Outlook and 7th Best B-School in India in the Businessworld Survey of Business Schools (2010).
- NMIMS was the first Business School to be accredited and awarded a Five Star rating by the UGC sponsored National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- NMIMS was awarded the ISO 9001:2000 Certification by ICL in 2004.
- NMIMS School of Business Management was ranked number one in Learning Experience, Return on Investment and International Exposure in the Business World Ranking of 2009.
- Eduniversal has ranked NMIMS 10th among Excellent Business Schools of India.
Faculty at NMIMS have consistently been adjudged Best Teachers of Management and numerous awards have been conferred on them in recognition of their contribution to academics.
Globally Benchmarked Infrastructure and Curriculum
Forward-thinking initiatives have led to the introduction of many innovative programs at NMIMS. Infrastructure, pedagogy and curricula are continuously updated to keep them at par with the best in the world. NMIMS Wi-Fi-enabled campus is equipped with state-of-the-art audio-video aids. All the Schools are equipped with high-tech laboratories and cater to multidisciplinary research needs.
The Faculty as well as the doctoral and graduate students contribute frequently to leading international and national research journals in their respective fields.
Proactive measures have enhanced NMIMS’ partnership with industry through Research, Consultancy, Management Development programs and student-driven projects. Its Social Enterprise Cell epitomises its belief in social responsibility.
NMIMS has an excellent placement record, with leading multinational and national companies being the major recruiters. In tune with the swiftly evolving global scenario, NMIMS has linkages with a number of globally renowned foreign universities such as:
- Case Western University, Cleveland, Ohio, US.
- Grenoble Ecole de Management, France.
- The Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Melbourne, Australia.
- Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece.
- Rouen Business School, France.
- ESSCA dAngers and Budapest.
- NMIMS also has a partnership with the Harvard Business School for a Faculty Development Program.
- It has applied for EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System) Accreditation, a significant step towards evolving as a global university and precipitating the internationalisation process.
The ethos of NMIMS is entrepreneurship, market responsiveness and social sensitivity. Its goal is to create new paradigms in higher education and the learning environment. – Dr Rajan Saxena, Vice Chancellor
SVKMs Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
V L Mehta Road, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai 400 056 India
T. 91-22-26134577/42355555 F. 91-22-26114512
(Note: This is a sponsored article and has NOT been written by the PaGaLGuY Editorial Team. It is intended from an informational perspective only and it is upto the readers to research and verify the claims and judgments in the article before reaching a conclusion.)