The third of the four newly sanctioned Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) at Raipur released its admission notification today, inviting CAT 2009 applicants with minimum 90 percentile for the general category.
IIM Raipur, which is being mentored by IIM Indore, will have 70 seats for the two-year Post-Graduate Program (PGP) in Management to begin with. The tuition fees will be Rs 3 lakh per academic year.
The institute plans to start the academic year on October 8, 2010. In order to apply, you need to have a minimum of 90 percentile in CAT 2009 if you are from the General category, 80 percentile for Non-creamy-layer OBC, 70 percentile for SC and 50 percentile for ST.
Timeline for admissions to IIM Raipur (Source):
- August 17, 2010 (Tuesday): Release of Admissions notification
- August 30, 2010 (Monday): Last date for acceptance of Applications
- September 6, 2010 (Monday): Release of shortlisted candidates for Personal Interview
- September 10-12, 2010 (Friday-Sunday): Interviews for shortlisted candidates at Benguluru, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai.
- September 10-14, 2010 (Friday-Tuesday): Interviews for shortlisted candidates at Indore.
- September 25, 2010 (Saturday): Release of shortlisted candidates for admission
- October 4, 2010 (Monday): Last date for receiving the acceptance from the
- October 8, 2010 (Friday): Proposed date for Registration for the Programme and commencement of the term
Prior to this, IIM Ranchi and IIM Rohtak have already commenced their academic sessions. The fourth among the new IIMs at Trichy is yet to make any announcement of starting up.