During the academic year 2007-08, the institute undertook various initiatives, which are listed below:
1) The Noida campus of the institute launched its fourth Working Managers Program (WMP) and International Program in Management for Executives (IPMX). The first batch of 65 students in WMP program completed the course during the year.
2) 35 research contributions were made, in the form of books, book chapters, book reviews, published papers, conference/seminar papers, case studies, and working papers.
4) 75 Management Development Programmes, for 1600 top and senior level management executives, have already been conducted so far, generating a revenue of around INR ten crores. Three Advanced Management Programmes (AMP) for ONGC with Overseas learning component to Europe were held. The three AMP programs for RBI executives were held for two weeks; in India, Singapore and Malaysia. A three month management program has been finalized for next five years with Railway Board to train more than 100 executives every year.
5) International Academic Collaborations increased to 22 with various institutions in Europe and North America.
6) As part of Social Responsibility to the society, IIM Lucknow is contributing towards the training of trainers. In this direction, programmes have been conducted for Teachers of Management Institutes, Principals of various Schools and Colleges and also the Principals of District Institutes of Education and Training, and Officials of U.P. SCERT.
7) During the year 2007-08, 28.8 lakhs rupees worth of need based scholarships were disbursed among 46 students.