Dear PaGaLGuy readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examination, MBA Entrance Examination, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we are providing you with this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the actual General Studies paper of the UPSC Civil Services Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. Which of the following sets is correctly matched?
(a) Diphtheria, Pneumonia, and Leprosy: Hereditary
(b) AIDS, Syphilis and Gonorrhea: Bacterial
(c) Colour blindness, Hemophilia and sickle cell anaemia: Sex linked
(d) Polio, Japanese B encephalitis and Plague: Viral
2. Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
Lothal – Ancient dockyard
Sarnath – First sermon of Buddha
Rajgir Lion – Capital of Ashoka
Nalanda – Great seat of Buddhist learning
Select the correct answer using the codes given:
(a) 1, 2, 3 and 4 (b) 3 and 4 (c) 1, 2 and 4 (d) 1 and 2
3. Which of the following is/are extra- constitutional and extra-legal device(s) for securing cooperation and coordination between the states in India?
The National Development Council
The Governor’s Conference
The inter-state Council
1 and 2 (b) 1, 3 and 4 (c) 3 and 4 (d) 4 only
4. To prevent recurrence of scams in the Indian capital markets, the Government of India has assigned regulatory powers to
SEBI (b) RBI (c) SBI (d) ICICI
5. The name by which Ashoka is generally referred to in his inscriptions is
(a) Chakravati (b) Dharmadeva (c) Dharmakirti (d) Priyadarsi
To follow our
UPSC site on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: