Dear PaGaLGuy readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the actual General Studies paper of the UPSC Civil Services Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. Who of the following is the author of a collection of poems called “Golden Threshold”?
(a) Aruna Asif Ali (b) Annie Besant
(c) Sarojini Naidu (d) Vijayalakshmi Pandit
2. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
Dam/ Lake River
(a) Govind Sagar Sutlaj
(b) Kolleru Lake Krishna
(c) Ukai Reservoir Tapi
(d) Wular Lake Jhelum
3. The concept of Public Interest Litigation (PIL) originated in which of these countries?
(a) U.S.A and Canada
(b) Britain and Switzerland
(c) France and Italy
(d) Germany and Australia
4. In the parlance of financial investments the term ‘bear’ denotes
(a) An investor who feels that the price of a particular security is going to fall
(b) An investor who expects the price of particular shares to rise
(c) A shareholder or a bondholder who has an interest in the company, financial or otherwise
(d) Any lender whether by making a loan or buying a bond
5. Match list I (diseases) with List II (Types of diseases) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists:
List I List II
(a) Haemophilia 1. Deficiency disease
(b) Diabetes 2. Genetic disease
(c) Rickets 3. Hormonal disorder
(d) Ringworm 4. Fungal Infection
A B C D
2 3 4 1
2 3 1 4
3 2 1 4
3 2 4 1
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: