Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the actual General Studies papers of the UPSC Civil Services Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. What is the normal temperature of the human body on the Kelvin scale?
(a) 280 (b) 290 (c) 300 (d) 310
2. If a Panchayat is dissolved, elections are to be held within
(a) 1 month (b) 3 months (c) 6 months (d) 1 Year
3. With reference to Non- banking Financial Companies (NBFC) in India, consider the following statements
(i)They cannot engage in acquisitions of securities issued by the Government.
(ii)They cannot accept demand deposits like savings account
(iii) Which of the statements given below is correct:
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only (3) Both 1 and 2 (4) Neither 1 nor 2
4. In India, which type of forest among the following occupies the largest area?
(a) Montane wet temperate forest
(b) Sub-tropical dry evergreen forest
(c) Tropical Moist deciduous forest
(d)Tropical wet evergreen forest
5. The Hunter Commission was appointed after the
(a) Black-hole incident
(b) Jalianwallabagh massacre
(c) Uprising of 1857
(d) Partition of Bengal
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: