Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the actual General Studies papers of the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examinations held between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. Which of the following is not radioactive?
(a) Astatine (b) Francium (c) Tritium (d) Zirconium
2. Consider the following pairs:
List I List II
(Large Bank) (Country of origin)
(i) ABN Amro Bank USA
(ii) Barclays Bank UK
(iii) Kookmin Bank Japan
Which of the above pairs is/are correctly matched?
1 only (b) 2 only (c) 1 and 2 (d) 2 and 3
3. The Department of Border Management is a department of which of the following Union Ministries?
(a) Ministry of Defence
(b) Ministry of Home Affairs
(c) Ministry of Shipping, Road Transport and Highways
(d) Ministry of Environment and Forest
4. Which of the following East flowing rivers of India has a rift valley due to down warping?
5. Who was the Viceroy of India when the Rowlatt Act was passed?
(a) Lord Irwin
(b) Lord Reading
(c) Lord Chelmsford
(d) Lord Wavell
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: