Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the General Studies papers of the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. Match List I to List II and select the correct answers using the codes given below:
List I List II
(A) Iqta 1. Marathas
(B) Jagir 2. Delhi Sultanate
(C) Amaram 3. Mughals
(D) Mokasa 4. Vijaynagar
CODES : A B C D
(a) 3 2 1 4
(b) 2 3 4 1
(c) 2 3 1 4
(d) 3 2 4 1
2. An objective of the National Food Security Mission is to increase the production of certain crops through area expansion and productivity enhancement in a sustainable manner in the identified districts of the country. What are these crops?
(a) Rice and wheat only
(b)Rice, wheat and pulses only
(c) Rice, wheat, pulses and oil seed only
(d) Rice, wheat, pulses, oil seeds and vegetables
3. Which of the following subjects comes under the union list in the seventh schedule of the Constitution of India?
(a) Regulation of labour and safety in mines and oilfields
(d) Public Health
4. Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Japan : Nikkei
(b) Singapore : Shcomp
(c) UK: FTSE
(d) USA : Nasdaq
5. Indiscriminate disposal of used fluorescent electric lamps causes mercury pollution in the environment. Why is mercury used in the manufacture of these lamps?
(a) A mercury coating on the inside of the lamp makes the light bright white
(b) When the lamp is switched on, the mercury in the lamp causes the emission of ultra-violet radiation
(c) When the lamp is switched on, it is the mercury which converts the ultra violet energy into visible light
(d) None of the statements above is correct.
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: