Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know, General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the General Studies papers of the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. Match list I to list II and select the correct answers as per the code given below.
List I List II
A. Chittagong Armoury raid 1. Lala Hardayal
B. Kakori Conspiracy 2. Jatin Das
C. Lahore Conspiracy 3. Surya Sen
D. Ghadar Party 4. Ram Prasad Bismil
5. Vasudeo Phadke
Codes: A B C D
(a) 3 4 1 5
(b) 4 3 2 5
(c) 3 4 2 1
(d) 2 4 3 1
2. The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC) is an international treaty drawn at
(a) United Nations Conference on the Human Environment, Stockholm, 1972.
(b) UN Conference on Environment and Development, Rio de Janeiro, 1992.
(c) World Summit on sustainable Development, Johannesburg, 2002.
(d) UN Climate Change Conference, Copenhagen, 2009.
3. Which one of the following articles of the Constitution of India says that the executive power of every State shall be so exercised so as to not impede or prejudice the exercise of the executive powers of the Union?
(a) Article 257
(b) Article 258
(c) Article 355
(d) Article 356
4. Inclusive Growth as enunciated in the Eleventh Five year plan does not include which one of the following?
(a) Reduction of Poverty
(b) Extension of Employment opportunities
(c) Strengthening of Capital Market
(d) Reduction of Gender inequality
5. The Genetic Engineering Approval Committee whose permission is required for cultivation of any genetically modified crop such as Bt- cotton in India is under the Union Ministry of
(b) Environment & Forests
(c) Commerce and Industry
(d) Rural Development
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: