Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on PGDM Admissions 2019-21
1. Does LIBA offer an MBA degree?
LIBA offers Postgraduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) which is equivalent to MBA.
2. Is LIBA PGDM programme recognized?
LIBA’s full time PGDM programme is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to MBA.
3. How many candidates do you admit in the PGDM programme?
Currently, the number of students admitted into the PGDM programme is 120.
4. Does LIBA provide 100% placement?
5. With LIBA Full Time PGDM, can I pursue Ph.D. programme?
Yes. LIBA PGDM is recognized by AIU as equivalent to MBA.
6. What is the eligibility for getting into PGDM Programme?
The candidates should hold a three-year bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university (AIU) with a consistent academic record of the first class (60%) in STD X, STD XII and graduation. Students taking up their final exam in June 2019 can also apply.
7. What scores does LIBA accept for its PGDM programme?
Candidates can apply for the PGDM programme using CAT 2018 or XAT 2019 scores.
8. Does LIBA conduct any coaching classes for XAT?
LIBA does not provide any coaching for the XAT / CAT exam.
9. I am studying in the final year. Can I apply?
Yes, you can apply for LIBA PGDM programme.
10. Are there any reservations for SC/ST, Domicile and NRI’s?
There are no reservations for SC / ST or NRI. However, being a minority institution, 50% of the seats are reserved for minority candidates.
11. I have not applied for XLRI, is it possible to apply for LIBA?
Candidates need to take CAT 2018 exam or XAT 2019 exam. Only these scores will be the basis for admission into LIBA PGDM Programme.
12. What are the cut off marks for admission last year?
The cut off marks change every year depending on the performance of candidates in XAT. The Cut off marks of CAT & XAT will be displayed in the LIBA websites by 2nd week of February 2019 (Tentative).
13. How do I get to know whether I am selected for the LIBA PGDM programme?
A call letter for interview will be sent through e-mail. You may click on the PGDM results in the link on www.liba.edu, login using your LIBA-ID and password and find the results.
14. Should NRI candidates also take the XAT exam?
Yes, NRI Candidates also need to take the XAT or CAT exam.
15. Is there a management quota of seats in LIBA?
There are no management seats offered in LIBA.
16. Is there any age restriction to join LIBA?
17. I heard that LIBA does not select/ admit backlog cleared students?
As per the admission policy, LIBA does not admit with a history of more than 2 arrears.
18. Can payment for LIBA application be made in Cash?
Payment can be made using online mode only. No cash or DD payment is accepted.
19. I forgot to download LIBA Payment Receipt after applying for LIBA. How do I download it again?
To download LIBA Payment Receipt / Application / Fee Acknowledgement again, visit admissions.liba.edu and login using your account credentials and you have an option to download.
20. Are there any hostel facilities available in LIBA?
Separate hostel accommodation is available for both men & women on our campus.
21. What is the class timing for the Full-Time PGDM programme?
Classes will be scheduled anytime between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
22. Is the course fee inclusive of hostel?
23. Does LIBA provide educational loans for the Full-Time PGDM programme?
Students can directly approach banks for an educational loan. Banks may visit LIBA campus to provide educational loan.
24. Can I purchase the application form directly from LIBA?
No. Application forms are filled online only.
Join the Official thread of LIBA Chennai Admissions 2019-21. Now clear your doubts and get answers to your queries about B-School Admissions. Stay Updated… Always!