Login
Advertisements
Advertisements
xan's posts
xan replied to ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.
xan
1) ISB has tie ups with banks which give collateral free loans. It doesn't matter if a person already has prior home loan etc. All you need is the hardcopy of your ISB admission letter and the loan gets sanctioned swiftly.
2) I can't comment much on the loan rates as it keeps changing every ...
xan replied to ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.
xan
Yes Mac should do as well. However there a few software for which Windows is a must. So most of the Mac users install Parallels or Bootcamp to run Windows on Mac. You will basically end up using OSX 90% of the time while the remaining 10% you will use Windows for some assignments or project
xan replied to ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.
xan
All this data is communicated online. So once the R2 results are out there is a portal which ISB floats called the New Admits Portal. You have all the details such as accomodation, Laptop config, Fee Structure, Bank Loan details etc etc in the New Admits Portal. Again if I am not wrong the acces...
xan replied to ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.
xan
Admit package ?? You mean admit letter right ? As far as I remember there were 2 packages I received from ISB. One around Nov 22nd which was basically the Admit Letter and some welcome letter. The second one around March which was the Windows 7 DVD.
xan replied to ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.
xan
Take a chill pill for another 2 to 3 months. Closer to the R2 results ISB will start posting the details of the Banks with which ISB ties up. They'll give you the contact details including the loan details. Usually the whole loan application process takes anywhere between 2 days to 1 week at the...
2 2
xan replied to ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.
xan
@Vix 23 : In the current batch we have IT students with just 2.5 yrs of experience as well. ISB always evaluates a candidate taking all aspects of the applicants profile. Also by diversity ISB doesn't ask for exotic careers like Mountaineering etc. Even within IT there is a lot of scope to showc...
1 1
xan replied to ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.
xan
Hi,
Yes we do have folks interested in sports management among the current students and alums. I know of a alum last year who co founded a sporting goods ecommerce company in Bangalore. http://www.sports365.in/
So in summary we do have folks who've gone down the sports management route.
xan replied to ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.
xan
Hey Folks,
Am one of the current students at ISB CO2013. Let me know if you have any questions or queries that i can help with.
Brief Background Info :-
Work Ex :- 3.5 Yrs , IT Business Analyst, Dell
B.E. in Electronics and Communication Bangalore
Cheers
xan replied to ISB Class of 2014 aspirants.
xan
Soubhg,
While it is a must to work on the feedback given by ISB it is all the more important to work harder towards your goals. One of the key things i found out during my application process was that ISB doesn't really worry so much about your weaknesses. They test the depth of knowledge and ...
1 1
xan commented on an article
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee delivering the budget speech on March 16, 2012 (Photo: Rajya Sabha TV) An unintended consequence of budget 2012 is that the cost of studying the Post Graduate Programme (PGP) at the Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad is set to rise by nearly Rs 43,000. Starting the batch of 201...
52 20 Comments
xan Not sure if there is a dearth of good articles to write b.... 19 Mar '12.