FMS at Manav Rachna International University
Faculty of Management Studies at Manav Rachna International University was established to meet the needs of the corporate in the booming Indian economy. FMS vows to stay committed to produce managers who are front runners in the global business world and are connected to their cultural roots at the same time.
The vision of the institute is
- Total Quality Education by focusing on five fundamental orientations:
- Self Enhancement and Inculcation of Ethics and Values
- Maximizing Potential and Leadership Skills
- Conscious Participation in Larger Systems through Corporate
- Social Responsibility
- Empowerment through Participatory Power
- Transparent and Good Governance
Strategic Tie-Up with KPMG
The Faculty of Management Studies at Manav Rachna has a strategic tie-up with KPMG a renowned consulting MNC for providing advanced curricula and academic support for MBA (Finance Students). Under this tie students are provided 100% placement assistance by KPMG.
FMS at Manav Rachna ranked among top 10 in India
World class Infrastructure, high levels of International exposure combined with highly dedicated faculty members have resulted in FMS being in the top 10 B Schools in the country. In the Mail Today B School Survey, B School of Manav Rachna was ranked among the top 5 colleges for Infrastructure and was ranked 11 in terms of Faculty and International Exposure.
A dedicated Corporate Resource Centre at Manav Rachna ensures excellent placements for all the students. Students of FMS have been placed with leading Indian and global conglomerates like Standard Chartered, Citibank, Aviva, Indiabulls, Yes Bank, TCS, Kotak, ING, Radico, Religare to name a few.
Pedagogy: Experiential Learning
- Our pedagogy stems from our belief in Multiple Intelligence and so we use Diverse teaching methods. We aim to minimize rote learning.
- Students learn through experiential methods like live field projects, workshops, action research, simulations, prototyping, role-playing scenarios, socio-drama/psychodrama, drama, dance, meditation, global immersions, and case studies, seminars, industry interface and guest lectures, mentoring, etc.
- The students studies 46 courses, attends 1500 hours of class room instructions.
- The students do two major projects and writes two management theses.
- The student undergoes two months of Summer Internship in the Industry.
- S/he completes at least 60 projects, discusses 200 varied case studies, writes 80 internal tests and finally writes 46 end term papers.
- Each student in the I Semester has to undergo a battery of psychological tests that are standardized and have a high reliability and validity index like Ravens Progressive Matrices, Firo-B, MBTI, Neo Personality Questionnaire, Stress, Anxiety etc.
- For each student a dossier is prepared which contains his scores and description of his complete Personality, Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence, Spiritual Intelligence, Adjustment, Stress Levels etc.
Live Projects, Some Projects:
- Students implement a business plan where they have to earn a profit of Rs.2000 per day. For two days the students translate a business plan into reality eg. they open stalls of food items within the campus.
- Students do a restructuring of Manav Rachna and make models and reports of the restructuring.
- Students have opened a Mutual Fund account Vidyantriksha which they will run to learn wealth Management.
- Students devise marketing strategies for FMS and undertake Action Research and execute their strategies.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Each student puts in more than 120 hours of Community Service.
- In partnership with the Faridabad Police the students one day in a week have been assigned to the various police stations of Faridabad. They go and help the SHO and do the duties assigned to them be it the challan or investigating cases, solving disputes etc. ( an eg. of Public Private Partnership PPP).
- Shramdaan on May Day where they substitute the blue collar workers of MR for half day etc
- Students also go to the village, create awareness drives etc.
Business communication/Foreign Language
- In each Semester the student is taught Business Communication. This is a credit course.
- The student is taught how to make presentations, the preferred business way of communication, etiquette, etc. His/her presentations are video recorded for individual feedback.
- Each student also has to choose a Foreign Language which he learns through the 4 Semesters.
- Some of the languages that have been offered are French, German and Japanese S.T.E.P.P.E.S
Note: This is a sponsored article and has NOT been written by the PaGaLGuY Editorial Team. It is intended from an informational perspective only and it is upto the readers to research and verify the claims and judgements in the article before reaching a conclusion.