I am interested in applying to the PGPMAX programme at ISB. I may not have the profile of a typical applicant and so have a lot of questions about my chances of getting in and opportunities after completing PGPMAX as they don't offer career services for PGPMAX. Here are the basics:
- A total of 11.5 years of work experience.
- B.E. (Production Engineering) from a mediocre institute in India.
- 2 years of work experience in one of India's top petroleum and petrochemicals conglomerates after B.E.
- M.S. (Computer Information Systems) from an average US university.
8 years of work experience in a US company (SME) that I joined in it's start-up phase. Managed the IT operations for this company and helped it grow its turnover to the tune of US$ 40 million. During the last couple of years I was working as VP of Engineering.
- 1.5 years in India as Director of the Indian subsidiary (software development center) of the same US company. Involved in setting up it's operations from ground up.
I have gathered good experience in various aspects of business from statutory and legal compliance (FEMA, RBI, transfer pricing), hiring/talent acquisition to onshore/offshore coordination and project management to audit compliance, etc.
I want to know if PGPMAX is right for me and provided I get in and complete it, what options do I have in terms of opportunities in switching to larger organizations and what to expect in terms of position and remuneration. I know I am almost definitely going to have to compromise on the remuneration but need to get and idea of how much, abundance/lack of career opportunities afterwards.
Can you please get me in touch with alumni who can answer my questions? I will highly appreciate any help/responses. Thanks!