Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

:::SIOM Admissions'08:::: Get ur answers here!!!!! XAT, SNAP, IIFT & Others

Greetings to you from SIOM........
As a traditional practice on a year-on -year basis we the students of Symbiosis Institute of Operations management (SIOM) wish to have this thread as a platform or forum to guide the prospective future Operations Managers!!!!!!!!
Post ur queries / views / ...
7 7
Hi ....I do not know much about SIOM. I would be glad if u ppl could clarify my doubts.

1. What kind of profiles are expected in operations. The first thing that strikes to me about Operations is Supply chain management. What else does Operations cover? My knowledge on this limited. Please tell me what exactly does 'operations' cover

2. SIOM was started recently. So how good is its infrastructure and future career growth in operations

3. I saw the web site about the average placement. Could some one please tell me whether the placement is 100 % and the median placement offered

Pardon my ignorance on above issues, but help me in knowing more about SIOM. Thanks in advance
  • Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
Please post your query on this year's thread at URL: http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-exams-xat-fms-jmet/34101-siom-nashik-2009-2011-admissions.html along with your expected SNAP score & extra-curricular activities.
My Self Sushant Verma
My SNAP score is 58 :new_bat_angel:
My academics are as:
10th : 85%
11th : 78%
Graduation B.Tech : 72% , Information Technology (IT)
Shall I expect a call from SIOM, SCIT, SITM, SIMC, SIMS or any other symbiosis college.
Kindly help me knowing about the ...
hi varun..thanks again for addressing my concern..you guyz are really making life easy for beginners like us..looking forward for a thread dedicated for SIOM..cheers PG!!!
1 1
Work-experience is not mandatory. And your profile is quite good. However, everything is going to be relative while giving out the calls.
And since you seriously are looking forward for MBA in Operations, SIOM would be a good choice for your career.
We'll soon start a new thread on PG dedic...
1 1
Hi varun..thanks for responding to my post..after reading the post i have realised that a good score and very good profile is desirable for a call from SIOM...could you please elaborate on that, i mean any relevant experiece is mandatory or just work ex is acceptable and things like that...i woul...
Last year only SIBM had sectional cut-offs and no other institute except SIBM under the Symbiosis umbrella had sectional cut-offs.
SIOM gives profile based GD/PI calls and calls can pour in even at relatively low scores provided the candidate has an excellent profile. However, securing a high ...
1 1
Hi seniors...it is been a great relief to me after seeing this post..at last i found post related to SIOM. i have few things to be adressed.
1) i heard that there are no section cut offs for snap test..is this valid for SNAP 2008.
2)what was the cut off range for SIOM in 2007..after seeing ...
thanks for the reply.
i know its the time to have patience.Anyways thanks...
jusst wait friends,
the website says
ADMISSIONS 2008
OPEN CATEGORY
D GANESH
GUPTA GAURAV
SHEJWAL SANDESH SHANKAR
GOEL AMIT
HARDAHA PUNEET
WAITING LIST
PHATAK GAURAV ARVIND
SHARMA SAURABH KUMAR
hi, does anyone know abt the lastest status of waiting list....i m trying to cal symbi but no one is replying..please update if anyone knows.. waiting
Arre bhai logo......i had already sent the mail to SIOM for not taking up the seat and after my mail puneet bhai was offered seat........hope it clears the confusion:grin:......all the Best to WL 1
I don't think so. Puneet was called later after Amit sent a mail to SIOM that he won't be taking up the seat. For knowing more, you can call SIOM admissions office.
HEy Varun I could see both the names in the list i mean Puneet as well as amits neme was there in the list thats why had this querySo hoping that puneets inclusion is against some1 else's cancellations
Repeating once again...
Those who are new and have been recently offered admission, please join the Google group of SIOM 2008-2010 on URL: http://groups.google.com/group/siom-08-10 and Orkut community at URL:
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=45569369
Most of the discussion these...
Amit has already sent a mail to SIOM regarding not taking up the seat. Only then Puneet Hardaha was offered the seat. Let's see if there is anyone else who is vacating his/her seat. Only in that case you'll be offered the admission. All the best!
Hi to all puys out hereJust now checked the SIOM website n came to know that i am WL1 as of this momentAmit R u sure u r not going to opr for SIOM?????????
Waiting list has been cleared till 32 (original waitlist number) in the Open Category. New entrant to out batch is HARDAHA PUNEET. Congrats Puneet (Pagalguy id: pun2)!
Dr. Vandana Sonwaney has taken over as new Director of SIOM. She was
earlier having the role of Deputy Director. You can find her profile
on URL: SIOM - Symbiosis Institute Of Operations Management
Got the call from SIOM today that i have made into the merit list........but i will not be joining as i am joining IRMA.....so cheer up waitlisted guys
1 1