Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Vocab Resources Verbal

hi all...
coming back to pagalguy after a long time..
i have a small interest in improving my vocab always...and keep searching the net for stuff that can be useful and innovative..
have tried locating the perfect thread which highlights visual vocab but could not find one..so thought wo...
54 51
B I U Post

I found one interesting free and stable android app to learn and improve english vocab.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ask.edu.englishwordlist&hl=en

• Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
    • B I U
    Subscribe to get daily words in your inbox...
    1 6 Comments
    Ansh_Ansh We have a quiz section to help you relate the image with .... 07 Sep '13.
    Ansh_Ansh dailyvocab.com/vocabulary-quiz/.... 07 Sep '13.
    try this awesome source...http://dailyvocab.com
    Word root: misienEffectively, 'misien/miso' is the root for hatred and words based on this root in some way or the other signify this sentiment. Let's have a look at a few of these words:1. Misogyny: Hatred of women (Gyny stands for women, remember what a gynaecologist does).2. Misandry: A hatr...
    Using roots to learn words:Dolorous:
    Word Origin:The word dolorous comes from the Latin root 'doloro-, dolor-, dolori- , dol- +', meaning 'to feel pain, to grieve; sorrow, grief, mourning'.There are a number of other interesting words that are derived from this source. One of those is the Lati...
    krishans one can't remember words without going to the heart of ma.... 15 Aug '13.
    Alcove : a small recess opening off a larger room, bay
    Mnemonics :: alcove ~ a cave; reminds us of a cave which has a small opening.
    Agape : Wide open, in a state of wonder and amazement
    Mnemonics :: Agape ~ a + gap; an opened mouth has gap between lips and hence agape
    Animadversion : (a critical remark or a criticism) :: Honey! - mad – version.. sounds like a wife commenting about a version of something her husband had made.
    Apropos : (With regarding to, regarding) :: Apropos sounds like "Propose"When is the right time to propose to a Girl/Boy you love? Hen...
    Try
    Its the most innovative way of learning words online
    3 3 Comments
    rash08 its great......words get engraved in our mind forever... . 17 Aug '13.
    Ansh_Ansh Thanks ! Share it with your friends.. :) . 17 Aug '13.
    Hi guys
    I am searching for an online tool that can help me improve my vocab. Something like, I can read a novel online and I get to see the meanings of difficult words on the same page. The reason that I badly need this tool is, when I try to read a novel, article and I am faced with words w...
    ashish9772 Word power made easy by norman lewis. 10 Aug '13.
    AnkurKapil made easy n1. 10 Aug '13.
    Barrons Wordlist mp3 :
    http://www.grematerial.com/2009/05/barrons-word-list-in-audio-mp3.html
    i came across a blog called comic vocabulary something....google it....it has a lot of mnemonics..i found it useful....v can take words frm there...some mnemonics are pretty funny.....
    puys...no enthusiasm for vocabulary..
    let us try to make this space active and vibrant..
    5 mnemonics for today:prudent: prudent president(Sensible and careful when you make judgments and decisions.)laconic: lack a tonic in speech(Using or marked by the use of few words; terse or concise.)
    hi puys..any new vocab resources to share here?and any new vocab books that are avl. in the market and can be used?two books that i have used and gained from:1. word power made easy (obvious one)2. six weeks to words of power by wilfred funk (this one is nice and compact, around 500 words)
    two...
    Vs all abt words. 20 Jul '13.
    New words of the day SCOTCH- mujhe scotch peene se mat scotch kar!#to stop some event or spoil it.SALACIOUS- my saala is watching salacious movies#related to sex LICENTIOUS-tumhe to license mil gaya hai licentious hone ka !#unrestrained in terms of sex.( basically it is similar to salacious)
    W...
    3 4 Comments
    smartppc lets post 3 to 5 every day..i will keep posting useful vo.... 23 May '13.
    tusharsaluja Ok done !. 23 May '13.
    some new mnemonics:termagant: malignant aunt a violent, turbulent, or brawling woman.
    tenable: Ten-Able , ten people able to understand something so it has to be logical and is capable of being maintained in argument;
    underwrite: write under the contract, sign the contract to show agr...
    Some words from my side:SABBATICAL: sab-baate-kal, i have to complete my work today.#going on a voluntary holidaySAGACIOUS: saag khaane vale !#wise and canny personTHWART: is art exhibition ko mat roko!#to put a halt to something.
    NOW NEW WORDS EVERYDAY FROM MY SIDE!
    smartppc nice word tushar. 23 May '13.
    Visit DailyVocab.com & Like us if you like it.
    Some mnemonics from my side :
    Verbiage : (verb ka garbage) : Profusion of words usually of little or obscure content.
    Futile : (Phat gayi MISSILE, sab ho gaya WASTE sab ho gaya FUTILE) : Completely useless
    Perpetuate : (DURACELL - lasts long really long) : Prolong the existence of some...
    raghavsimply Nice initiative :cheers: . 17 May '13.
    Rtzzz @raghavsimply thanks bro !!! . 19 May '13.
    Awesome news Puys !! Now you can upload your own vocab meme on website. Daily Vocabulary for CAT, GRE, SAT Word List | Where meme teach Word Power
    If you think you are creative, then go forward and upload your own Vocab Meme.
    One it get approved by Admin, it will be posted on dailyvocab.c...
    login on to dailyvocab.com
    I will be posting vocab meme on daily basis...