Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

The PG Guide to English - All kind of questions on VA Verbal

Hey folks.
3 weeks to CAT..
VA/RC your bugbear? Ask any VA related query here...
I will do my best to answer them
I am jobless as it is :)
Shrutz
Edit 1: No questions like what is the superlative adjunct to the simple future that maybe used with an intransitive verb?... They do...
57 56
B I U Post
i'd go with (2)
The increase in the number of reality shows on television channels bolsters the contention that channels owners are more interested in boosting their revenues by pandering to voyeuristic tendencies of viewers. The premise behind the above argument is that(1) reality shows on television channels a...
qs) B is the daughter in law of E, who has cookin as her hobby.
Now my qs is who has the cookin as her hobby b or e. when we tell more info abt a subject it is generally after a comma rt.
so i thot it is b but the answer is e.
Lemme know the actual reason.
pls help out
Ah well...DBAC can be justified along these lines...
statement B introduces the example of the accident and statement A goes onto explain the suitability of this example to our present context...
it's like A is a subset of B or nested within B so that the continuity from B to C is not inter...
Well, the answer is 4. I would like to know why A should come after B and why C cant follow B (why DBCA is wrong). The logic jadedsoul is giving here is incontrovertible. I also thought the same way. If there is another logic which suppports A after B, then which one got more importance and how d...
i'd go with 3.DBCA
This ordering of the sentences begins with a generic statement about a problem(i.e. interaction between 2 individuals) which is statement D
It then goes to describe a specific example of such a situation(The accident)
Statement C seems like an extension of statement ...
I think the answer is 4.DBAC ... All four statements speak of the strategic problem arises when two individuals interact with each other ... Statement D sort of introduces the topic... So D has got to be the opening line.. B cannot follow A .... A describes the example that B mentions ... So A fo...
1 1
Parajumble I am confused with the answer...Please help....
A. The likelihood of an accident is determined by how carefully the motorist drives and how carefully the pedestrian crossed the street.
B. An accident involing a motorist and a pedestrian is such a case.
C. Each must decide how ...
The Indian government has spent the last six months figuring out how to protect
the automobile industry. Raising tariff barriers is not an option because under the
WTO agreement, India is committed to opening up its markets.
Whats the long term solution then?
(2) Making the auto indus...
The Indian government has spent the last six months figuring out how to protect
the automobile industry. Raising tariff barriers is not an option because under the
WTO agreement, India is committed to opening up its markets.
Whats the long term solution then?
(2) Making the auto indus...
(2) looks like it
Will go for (3)
My Take !!!!!!!!!
Looking to increase in sales, a company created a website to complement other
marketing avenues. Their marketing statistics had proven that putting a catalog
in the hands of potential customer resulted in sales. The goal of the web site was
to distribute catalogs to interested customers....
MY TAKE would be option (2)....
my take in bold...