Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

The PG Guide to English - All kind of questions on VA Verbal

Hey folks.
3 weeks to CAT..
VA/RC your bugbear? Ask any VA related query here...
I will do my best to answer them
I am jobless as it is :)
Shrutz
Edit 1: No questions like what is the superlative adjunct to the simple future that maybe used with an intransitive verb?... They do...
57 56
B I U Post
Hi guyz..i am just starting my prep for CAT..please guide me how to go forward with the prep for English Section...???My initial level could be considered as average..
  • Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
  • anishomasif hi to suggest you with a good strategy, start reading newspapers everyday and increase your reading skills as much as possible, reading skills includes how fast you read and how well you analyse the same..
    • B I U
    Hi Puys,I took CAT 2013 and scored 75perc. I am targeting CAT2014. I always thought that my english is fairly good but somehow I see that its not converting into good scores. I got close to 80 percentile in VA this year. Any suggestions on improving VA scores.
    skks read read n read.....practice mocks. 22 Jan.
    @Ammz If you are just starting out, I recommend Word Power Made Easy. If you don't need that and you feel you need an intensive course book, I recommend All About Words. All the best.
    Heyy..m fairly good in EUnd my vocab is avg.Whch buks shud i follow fr va??M hvng CL material bt i dint find d vocab buk to b vry gud...
    @pushkar12 : Read stuff online. Try guardian, nyt, washington post, la times etc... @Kumarshishir3 : I suggest against Time English Material. Try IMS instead. CL for some vocab stuff may be.
    @Infocurean : Qualified Support.
    Clear answer.
    @sumitv : ABDC would be the logically correct answer if this question had come from a source which was cerebral enough.
    But unfortunately this come from this source http://www.hindu.com/yw/2009/03/24/stories/2009032450010100.htm
    A source which shall never be used for a CAT/XAT/GMAT question...
    1 1
    @ao4mba this is exactly why english is also gk It means its a perceptive problem whose diagnosis depends on how people want to look at it.
    @dna_lost : The best way to prepare for english in terms of questions is past cat/xat papers.
    @Revenous : Basics. Visibly Basics.
    Plz senior help me in Sentence correction and rc bcoz i am still making mistake and getting low marks ........specially in SC......can i get all marks in sc if yes then plz help me.thanx in advancereply soon bhai log
    puys why so much less activity in dis section!! more posts please!
    @[600855:dna_lost] : go for the one by sujit kumar. good explanations coupled with an array of questions of different flavor and difficulty levels..
    Planning to buy a book for VA.
    Please suggest which one's better? VA for CAT by sujit kumar
    or
    How to prepare for VA and RC by arun sharma
    puys..plz suggest where to practice the verbal kind of qs from?...books, material?..
    Hi,
    Can anyone explain the usage of the words in bold in this sentence?
    The massive collapse in India's power grid earlier this week €” the worst in a decade, has become a bizarre Rorschach test.
    Source : http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-08-05/news/33036328_1_grid-colla...
    A small initiative from my side to help you all.A set of three ebooks which contains quality questions and concepts and can be read anywhere with the help of smartphones/Desktop/Laptop.
    I All,
    VA BOOK Contains1)conceptual Articles on English Usage
    2)conceptual Articles on Grammer
    3)co...
    ADC is a sequence which is a must. NOw B is a separate entity which cud be in the beging or at the end, so the only choice availabLe is BADC.
    WHAT IS SUBJUNCTIVE ?? can anyone detail on it ??
    ABDC is the Answer