Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

GRAMMAR - A topic a day ( CAT 2012 ) Verbal

Let's just do atleast one topic a day from Grammar. I say VA gives a due weightage to sentence Correction questions. So let's put a hand together on it....!!!!! [smiley]
65 65
B I U Post
i need some practice questions on modifier errors.
plzz help
  • Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
    • B I U
    Here Sir.....Is it correct to have ?
    I don't know English alphabets.
    Will you please explain me how May I take you leave is wrong ?
    Why can't we use more in this as it's a comparative degree.
    Here why to paper sir ?
    Please ignore my less knowledge about English and guide me.
    Lol no PHD and all bas last year i got 60 percentile in sec-II which made me work hard this year on this section :P
    hat's off sir.............. Its been helpful during my last days of CAT preparation.
    Thank you so much for your guidance.
    Do you have english literature PHD ?
    @HydRocker . thanks anna manchi info post chesinav
    1 1
    Like most linguistic developments, collective nouns have developed through time as a result of many different aspects. Venery nouns, those nouns used to specifically signify groups of animals, developed as a result of fifteenth century English hunting practices. Experienced hunters were educated ...
    option 2 - bcd
    Correct sentences:
    the road is under repairvehicles are diverted to other roadstwo-thirds of the work is completethe road will open to traffic next week
    B,C,D are incorrect
    My explanations:a.Correctb.Vehicles are diverted to other roads. (vehicles can't go into the road)c.Two-thirds of the work is completed. (as said by @Estallar12)d.The road will open to traffic next week.
    so correct option is 2(b,c,d).
    Hi Estallar Regarding 3 yeah you are right. But in the solution with me. Correct ans is option D a&c; and it is "repairs" in the first sentence. I had the same doubt for d.
    Statement C is definitely wrong. It should be two-thirds of the work...as we are referring to more than 1 part of "a third".So, Option A and C are eliminated.Also, I feel Statement D should be 'open to traffic next week' in place of 'for'.Hence , Answer should be Option B.B will have a error in '...
    Nopes !! Please answer with explainations
    a. The road is under repair.
    b. Vehicles are diverted into other roads.
    c. Two-third of the work is completed.
    d. The road will open for traffic next week.answer is option a : a, b, d
    identfy the incorrect sentences.
    a. The road is under repair.
    b. Vehicles are diverted into other roads.
    c. Two-third of the work is completed.
    d. The road will open for traffic next week.
    a, b and d b, c and d a and d a and c
    ya already read it :P
    A waiter was serving drinks in a blue dress. in gmat, you must keep the modifier close to what it modifies.. so "in a blue dress" should be close to "a waiter". A waiter in a blue dress was serving drinks. Infact, you must be always careful with prepositional phrase - as it can act both as an...
    1 1
    find incorrect usage:PHONE:
    People spend several hours on the phone talking to their dear ones miles away. It is now possible for people to do most of their business on the phone. 'Phone them up and ask when they are coming', said Julia. Ramesh phoned in to say that he was sick and couldn't co...
    This is a case of hypothetical subjunctive : this type of construction is generally to indicate unlikely or unreal condition. marker word : if...then, as...if, as though... consider this : to overcome my fear of pain, i will think about disease as if it were harmless. if i were rich, i would hav...
    1 1
    that is what i am confused about...the questions are from a book and i'm not satisfied with the OA too.
    post your take..
    There are multiple errors in some of them!!!!