Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Analyze "The Hindu" Editorial Verbal

Hi frens...
"The Hindu" editorial is a part and parcel of CAT preperation. but to my surprise i didnt find any thread which discusses the difficult words in the editorial and discuss abt their contextual meanings..
So as a starting effort and im putting forward my analysis of the editorial...
135 127
Antriksh.g Try this....... theeditorialreviewer.blogspot.in/.... 21 Oct '13.
Rohit143 NIce.... 13 Apr.
B I U Post
Dangers of Opening up Financial Sector - 27th September, 2008
Summary:
The tone of the author is critical, anti-reforms, anti-development, unimaginative, uncompromising, not totally conducive to change or progress. The style is biased, orthodox and tirade oriented. The main aim of the artic...
3 3
Hey That was nice But I'm fortunate to get "Hindu" in my town :D
Reading (anything) off the paper is better compared to reading off the computer anyday...
But, I'm sure this tip will benefit others who would have to read it off the net. Thanks for the efforts...
1 1
Well. I once read a complete article on the HIndu website and it was such a pain ****, but the main article comes down to 4 normal book pages in the reader and it makes great reading. Its even better than reading the print newsapaper (Atleast for me, it is)...
Attaching some screenshots as to ...
zip file
Yupp, I agree the website is not a proper way to read an Editorial. Esp. Hindu as the site's aligning is not good and the article feels wedged in between ads and other links on either side.
Anyway I provide the link so that people with printers could go ahead and take a printout. You seem t...
1 1
Just a TIP : If you are reading the article online, I would suggest doing so on a e-book reader. Makes for better reading and you enjoy it (Well, I don't enjoy reading the article on the HINDU website atleast :))
The one I use is: MobiPocket Reader (its free )
Just copy the article into a W...
3 3
The Hindu : Opinion / Leader Page Articles : India and the world of tomorrow
with reference to this article...
The article talks about the emergence of Russia as a superpower to be noticed... It talks about how post the cold war end 17 years back, owing to the fall of the Soviet Union, ever...
1 1
India and the World of tomorrow - 26th September, 2008
The tone of the passage is judgmental, subjective. The style is speculative, analytical, analogical. The passage discusses the rise of Russia (post cold-war) as a world power (due to rising petrol prices) and the authors view on its relati...
1 1
Check this article out - Kashmir defines Indian Identity
A speculative article but nicely argued by the author...
1 1
Singur and India's Socio-Economic Future - 23rd September, 2008
Summary:
The tone of the author is a balance between industrial and agricultural growth, unable to figure out his political orientation. Believes in justice. The style is compare and contrast, analytical, factual (takes out sev...
1 1
Reinvigorating Secular Nationalism - 25th September,2008
Summary:
The tone of the author is pro-democracy, pro-secularism, anti-terrorist, . The style is inferential, procrastinating, analytical. The primary purpose of this passage is to bring to light all the elements that are trying to di...
1 1
The Hindu : Opinion / Leader Page Articles : Singur and India's socio-economic future
This is a must read for all who want to analyze the Singur crisis. This article comes from the man who spearheaded the Green Revolution in India.It brings to the forefront the problem of Land Acquisition for ...
1 1
Why Liberal Britain just loves Sarah Palin - 24th September, 2008
Summary:
The tone of the passage is inquisitive, curious, mix of authors opinions and others. The style being analytical, critical, reporting the opinions of others. The focus of the passage is Sarah Palin - the new appointe...
1 1
The Hindu : Opinion / News Analysis : Was that Pakistan's 9/11?
The attack on the the high-security Marriott hotel had greater symbolic significance.
The author points out that the attack on the hotel was not only an attack on Pakistan but was indirectly against America. The Taliban forces ...
1 1
DIVISING A COHERENT ANTI TERROR FRAMWORK:
the same country of one billion people that swings widely from despondency to elation can easily relapse into a mood of vulnerability when the terrorists strike next. And, they will. And when they do, they will have the collusive support of the mass me...
2 2
these are some word meaning of difficult words used in editorials of 20TH september................
DRACONIAN: extremely cruel and severe.
MENACE: threat, a person or thing that can cause a serious harm.
BEEF STH UP: to make sth bigger or more interesting. BEEF: to complain
PROMULGAT...
2 2
The Hindu : Opinion / Leader Page Articles : UPA should not be myopic to world events
i am providing some word meaning of this article........
INTERNECINE: happening between the same members and countries.
STUPENDOUS: extremely large and impressive than you expected.
SUBTERRANEAN: und...
2 2
Here's what I understood of the whole thing. It's not totally subjective, there is evidence that US could potentially take advantage of 1-2-3. The funny thing is both countries are looking at the same agreement and interpreting it the way they want to :)
Given the history of US to be mean and ...
1 1
Hey...With the bad reviews coming nowadays about the 123 agreement but the Govt still going through with it..What exactly is the clear picture ?? Is it good or is it bad or is it subjective
Hey sorry for the alignment, I posted it using a "new browser", the alignemnt seemed fine at that time but...
really nice post man ......plz write words in serial no. so that look more clear.........!! and keep pouring such nice post.......dude.....