Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Analyze "The Hindu" Editorial Verbal

Hi frens...
"The Hindu" editorial is a part and parcel of CAT preperation. but to my surprise i didnt find any thread which discusses the difficult words in the editorial and discuss abt their contextual meanings..
So as a starting effort and im putting forward my analysis of the editorial...
135 127
Antriksh.g Try this....... theeditorialreviewer.blogspot.in/.... 21 Oct '13.
Rohit143 NIce.... 13 Apr.
B I U Post
when will you start posting gguysssssssss.............this thread should be active as this is time of GD\PI....................!!!!!!!!!!!!:-x:-x:-x
i too agree with the point dat hindu is no doubt d best paper for editorials. there is less mirchi in this paper .it is always beneficial to read hindu regularly for 1 hour.
it increase your reading speed $ vocab power too.
35.> Tentative
doubtful. ----- also probabaly
36.> Was our wont.
dunno
y unimaginative dude
Yes , NYT and WSJ would be nice start.
i had started reading it few days back but have lost the pace due to my exams ..
There is an amazing feature called Times People on NYT where in we can register and then can share with people the articles that we have bookmarked. for that we have to m...
Hey aayush,
As for me, i promise to be here more often now on.
It's a good idea to be following the NYT, WSJ.
Let's see what are the various things present in it. Then we can boil down to one or two segments of each and plan to discuss them.
What say puys?
Exam time buddy.. :-x
i tell u these end semesters take a toll on u ...
would be back after 20th dec.. and start my contribution..
hello guys......where are you ...??? why are you not continuing this thread.....!!!!!!! anyone here?????????
any one follows New York Times or the Wall Street Journal ??
we could discuss them too if people are ready to contribute !
Great Thread....
Keep Going
Denial or worse?
The aftermath of the deadly Mumbai terror attacks has seen a lame gesture from the Pakistan Administration. The whole country is living in a state of denial and has not responded with the minimum possible commitment to India-Pak relations. The latest series of attacks on the f...
Gr8 going friends...Can welcome this new member...Even i have start going through time of India for the time being to start with.I hv started collecting the words too.will post here some time next week.
Regards,
Orapra
Link : The Hindu : Opinion / Leader Page Articles : Are American writers too insular for Nobel?
Title : Are American writers too insular for Nobel ?
Summary : The article debated about the recent remarks by Mr. Engdahl, a jury member of the Swedish Academy ,which gives Nobel prize in the f...
http://www.hindu.com/2008/10/02/stories/2008100258820100.htm
'Nuclear test will have serious consequences'
Summary : The Article talks about the Nuke deal and the after-effects of non-conformation of the terms of the deal. The passage starts bluntly quoting Ms Condoleeza rice, highlighting ...
great post
and great snapshots
Nuclear Deal will have serious consequences ...
A lot of problems have been pointed out by various people/parties regarding the N-Deal BUT this looks like a BIG problem and I think any person with no technical know-how but a little common sense would understand that this really is not right.
doc file
Restoring the Confidence of Muslims
Summary:
The tone of the author is of one who is secular, believes in true democracy, patient and methodical rather than jumping to conclusions. The style is analytical, inferential (from circumstancial evidence). The passage is about the current debate a...
That's exactly my point If something like this is so obvious (even to a layman like us who know nothing or very little about finance or macro-economics) then don't you think that it would have occurred to the Finance Minister (I meant about the point about Pension Funds being diverted to Stock ...
I think that the view presented by him cannot be fully rejected. The main points that he has put forward is that financial sector should not be fully open to foreign players and the govt should not go forward and implement the pension scheme which will put the hard earned money of common man to ...
1 1