Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

formula to find the angle between the hands of a clock Quantitative

Hi ppl
I've been part of this forum for a loong time..but havent been posting ...guess its time i start..
i'm lakshmi narayan (ppl, call me LUCKY), Finished my B.E in Elec Engg...
Tried CAT 2003(97 %ile) ...didnt even get a call (prob 'coz of my VA..meagre 73%ile)...
hoping to crack CAT this time...
I'm now sitting at home and preparing for CAT (Basially sleeping a lot and waiting for my offer letter from WIPRO..will probably be joining in august)

I guess i'm quiet okay with QA and DI(need to regain my speed though in DI)....
but i'm finding VAreally difficult.....
I stay in triplicane in chennai....if therz anyone nearby who'll be able to form a study grp it'll be nice.....actually i'm finding it too boring and waste of time sitting home and studying alone....and again i have no new material..ive been borrowing da material from my frns though
Plz do reply ppl...

As far as da contribution to da grps...i'm hoping to contribute regularly to this GRP..
this forum is GR8..keep the good work going ppl..

This is my first contri.. I actually derived this formula while whiling away my time ...here it goes...

To find the angle bvetween the hands of a clock....
if "H" is the hours and "M" is the mins...then angle can be directly obtained by
ANGLE = 30H - (11/2)M
For example...when da time is 9:30...angle is
30*9 - (11/2)*30 = 270-165=105 degrees..

hope dat was useful.....

if u ppl fiondany interesting probs also keep posting dem..will try to find solns for dat..
bye
Lucky

PS: moderators..pls forgive me if ive not used the right thread...actually i didnt have time to post all this info in diff threads...i'll follow the norms properly from nxt time :oops:
  • Like 11
  • Share 9
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
Welcome to PG...
You have replied to a 2 year old thread. Avoid posting on such old dead threads, instead continue on the active threads.
All the best.
hey thanks for the formula but where did yu get the (11/2) from
The hour and minute hand will interchange the positions after n*(600/11) minutes
and not 60/13.
thanks lucky..thats really cool..do u have anymore shortcuts like these ...it really saves a lot of time
MBA
Thanks for these tips Lucky and Ghulam bhai...
remember few things
$ A minute hands gain 11/2 degrees over hour hand every minute
$ After 12, the minute and the hour hand coincide after intervals of 720/11 minutes.
$ The hour and minute hand will interchange the positions after n*(60/13) minutes.
3 3
hey cougher
thass okay.. i thot twuz self explanatory..anyway thanx for da effort...i'm sure that wud help others too....(BTW i thot u were trying to say that it is 90 degrees in anticlockwise direction..u've mentioned it as 90 in clockwise direction )
keep posting...wud be glad to share a ...
hi,
thanx for sharing th formula with the forum....
i would like to add something to the formula that u have suggested....
eg) when the time is 9:00
angle=9*30- 0 == 270... ( we can conclude that it is in anticlockwise direction and say that it is 360-270 =90)....
or there is anot...
2 2