Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

[cat 2010]concepts ,fundas and tips to crack quants section Quantitative

Hi all...
After getting PG puyscar for most helpful in quants section this year , i really thought i should do something this year to atleast justify the puyscar.. i jus thought to start a thread and post the concepts i learned through PG.. many legendary persons like vineet,implex,doc mod,mas...
150 149
can someone tell me how to solve questions like the one given below..i am not able to understand the concept involved here-
clerk has 5 boxes of different integral but unknown weights.the clerk weighted the boxes in pairs. he obtained the weights in kgs as 122,124,125,126,127,128,129,130,132,133. how much would the heaviest box weighs?
p.s. i dont know the answers..please explain

same type of questions comes for age also..
*SITM*
  • Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
It is Wednesday.
hey bro is it friday
M not getting the correct answer by this method for 1st Feb 1984.
May b i m doing something wrong.:splat:...but kindly check!!!!
Bro but with the approach above yours
Last Non.Zero digit for 40!
10!- 8
40! -8^4= 6(last non zero digit)
Now for 36!x7x8x9x4=6
36!*6=6(so wat wud be the the last non -zero digit nw???)
But you have written 36!*6=2 Hw???..tell me if m doing something wrong!!!!
Thanks for this useful post but what do u mean by squares cut exactly...cud u pls elaborate??
Pigeon hole theoram
if n+1 pigeons fly to n holes, there must be a pigeonhole containing at least two pigeons
Well this theorem, look apparently simple and trivial, but its extremely powerful. Lets take a test of it.
Example= Let A be any set of nineteen integers chosen from the arithme...
12 12
Type # 1.
find smallest no. other than k, that leaves remainder k when divided by w,x,y...
to solve such questions, take lcm of w,x,y...and add k to it.
e.g. find Smallest no. other than 4, that leaves remainder 4 when divided by 6,7,8 or 9...
take lcm of 6,7,8,9 and add 4
i.e....
6 6
Re: Rectangles Cut By a Diagonal Line
The general rule: If the lengths of sides (a x b) of the rectangle are
mutually prime, the number of squares cut is a+b-1
Thus, your example: (3 x 5) gives 3+5-1 = 7
Other examples: (8 x 5) gives 8+5-1 = 12
(9 x 4) give...
13 13
In this particular question,by looking at the signs of B and C,you can say that the factorization would be of type (x-a)(x-b).Now you can check C and try some divisibility rules over it.Like 4293 is divisible by 9(sum of 4293 is 18].Similarly,we will see that 81 divides 4293. 81*53= 4293. Also 8...
3 3
Attached JPEG
Can anyone pour how to factorize a quadratic equation with high value of C
in Ax2 + Bx + C = 0????
Kindly refer JPEG
Remainders
Questions regarding finding remainders have appeared a lot of times in CAT. Here are few ways by which u can find the remainders quickly
1)EULER'S THEOREM:
If M and N are two co-prime nos. and N=a^P*b^q*c^r. where (n)=N*(1-1/a)*(1-1/b)*(1-1/c).
Then remainder M^(n)/N=1
F...
10 10
1).Method to find the last non zero digit of n!
Z(n)= last two digit
Z(n1)= 4, if the tens digit is odd
6, if the tens digit is even
Z(n)= Z(n1)*Z(n/5)!*z( factorial of units digit)
e.g: find the last non zero digit of 36!
Z(36)= 4*Z(36/5)!*z(6)!
=4*7!*6!...
13 13
Hey,
can some one just tell me or paste a link or upload a pdf file as the tips, concepts, fundas in geometry and mensuration??
This is one chapter which I am not able to do not matter how much or how hard I am practising.. plz help
Thanks
Alok Biyani, Kolkata
1 1
Great thread Puys!!!!
1 1
Important posts of this thread compiled into a simple 28 page pdf file....
Also it can be found here
Concepts.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download
pdf file
25 21
hi can you please elaborate the divisibility of 7 part.
how you have subtract the last 3 digit from the first 3 digit and checked that with the 7? i did not get that. Also can we use this for any 6 digit no. and with any divisor???
1 1
Maximum value of an expression (a^m)(b^n)(c^p)... will occur when (a/m)=(b/n)=(c/p)....
14 14
Great work guys.. this thread really helped a lot..
dude that book is awesome.... where did you get it from? are there books like this on other topics also?
1 1