Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

Survival Tips for B-School GD-PI Processes Prep Resources

Group Discussion has evolved across these years and has become a very complex but Dissected methodology. It is a process wherein people who have been trained can become really stereotypical in terms of performances. This ensures that it becomes easy for the Panel to reject more number of people a...
464 464
B I U Post

www.bespoken.in
  • Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
    • B I U
    Please guide me how should i prepare for Gd/Pi process for B-schools?
    During interview at any top b-school, incl IIMs, mentioning which one from the following will be more helpful and look impressive? Please suggest.1) I have work expr of 1 and half year frm sme IT company.2) We have FInance and textiles trading family business. I would want to tell them that i don...
    Casting a sarcastic smile at anyone during GD can speak negative about you.
    Its great to begin a GD with real life experience or small story, they are powerful tools to convey complex concepts in simple language.
    dipesh_scorp Did met anounce first waiting list cause 2 nd waiting lis.... 19 Jun '13.
    MET.EDU The first list for PGDM is already announced. 19 Jun '13.
    Its impressive to be the first to talk in GD. But make sure that you have done the groundwork and have a solid plan to create the Skeleton / Framework in which possibly the discussion will go.
    GD-PI Tips: When a candidate speaks to his/her point in a group discussion, the moderator will judge him/her on three main parameters.
    They are;
    1. Content
    2. Verbal Communication3. Non Verbal Communication
    CONTENT
    The point that you are about to make must -
    • Express ri...
    Hello Everyone!! Sharing with you guys some GD-PI tips. Hope that you find it useful.There are many aspects (apparent or subtle) of your overall personality that are tested in GD-PI. The secrets to crack GD-PI are
    1. Knowing what are those aspects of your personality that are tested, and
    hello everybody. i'm varatharaj doing pre final year in mechanical engineering in coimbatore(tamilnadu).Right from the day i know about cat i started dreaming being an IIM er! MBA is my passion. im preparing for CAT 2013. As i was from a lower middle class background i cant afford to pay the coac...
    @soumik.ganguly sir, hw can relate my interests in CSR activites with WHY HR..?
    Job Interviewing 101: How to Succeed in Different Situations
    http://mashable.com/2013/03/16/interviewing/
    A nice INFO-GRAPHIC..!!
    Few basic tips on Personal Interviews :-
    1) Proper Resume standards.
    2) Don’t be timid.
    3) Be confident, not arrogant.
    4) Show them you are capable.
    5) Integrity/ Honesty
    6) Pay attention on Body Language
    8 ) Enthusiasm
    9) Be Spontaneous
    10) Be Yourself
    @Red_Bull just wanted to get a clarification.. is it not a situation where if the moderators specifically ask one to summarize or give one's point considered might act in a negative way the candidate admission.. as the candidate was not able to contribute to the discussion..& moderators desper...
    @PTeducation @Red_Bull thanks a lot for your valuable input.. will be working on those lines itself...
    @alok7007 Hi Alok, some simple strategies you can use are:
    1) Wait for the high decibel level to calm down. It happens every time. The peaks will inevitably change to troughs, although for a second or two. MAKE AN ENTRY RIGHT THERE AND THEN.
    2) Have very very solid content related points. N...
    1 1
    @alok7007 Hi Alok, some simple strategies you can use are:
    1) Wait for the high decibel level to calm down. It happens every time. The peaks will inevitably change to troughs, although for a second or two. MAKE AN ENTRY RIGHT THERE AND THEN.
    2) Have very very solid content related points. N...
    1 1
    @alok7007 You don't have to shout at the top to get noticed during the GD atleast not in the case of VGSoM, IIT Kharagpur and I'm sure it would be the same case everywhere else. What you need to do is smartly chip in between the GD , tell your points very calmly and then watch other speaks. GD is...
    1 1
    @soumik.ganguly
    Sir, i have calls from IIT-Kgp,TAPMI, expecting calls from IIT-Roorkee
    The problem I am having is that my voice is very low & during GD session.. it is completely drowned in front of people having loud voice.
    This issue has also has been brought to my notice by the mode...
    c2c
    @soumik.ganguly Sir
    I have recieved calls form New iims
    I have done BSc in Biotechnology after that joined public sector bank (Allahabad Bank as PO) which has no relation with the graduation subject.
    Acutal Reason was doing further studies in biotech it require more 10 years to do resear...