Login
Advertisements
Advertisements

The Art of writing SOP Prep Resources

Hello Junta... :)
Hope u all had a great festival & now, its time to get back to those books!!! I have been getting a few anxious mails regarding Statement of Purpose - the hows/ the whats... Ya... have been kinda helping some ppl... but I thought there would be lots of ppl who would want ...
459 450
B I U Post
SOP for NMIMS plzzzz review as time is vry less
Born in Delhi, I belong to a family which has inculcated in me values like loyality & honesty. I did my schooling from XYZ school, a missionary school which has instilled in me, modern values and a practical approach to life. . My teachers were a...
cricaddict Born in Delhi, I belong to a family which has inculcated .... 05 Feb.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE“A piece of steal is tough on its own, but it needs a master to make it a sword.”Natural talent is a great thing to have but without the proper guidance, it mostly goes to waste. With that in mind, I am applying to join Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies which is on...
vivek_3037 piece of STEEL and not steal . 04 Feb.
KumarT sry, vivek_3037, i have an autocorrect thing on. will che.... 04 Feb.
puys, could you please review my SOP?
“Everything begins with an idea.” – Earl Nightingale. I have always been fascinated with the power ideas possess. The power of a new idea is the engine that transforms the way we live and think. Driven by passion, I started my entrepreneurial journey in th...
revised : SOP NMIMS Since my school days I have been of the view that one should always balance the academics as well as the co-curricular activities, with this idea in my mind I have always been inclined to be an all-rounder. I have bee...
SOP NMIMS Since my school days I have been of the view that one should always balance the academics as well as the co-curricular activities, with this idea in my mind I have always been inclined to be an all-rounder. In school I was the...
Please review my SOP. Less time, please review it fast. Thanks in advance
Having graduated as an engineer and worked for financial clients at Infosys, I found out that a successful manager requires qualities of leadership, vision and team building. My job profile at Infosys majorly involved in...
7 Comments
dusaj26 its nice but expect to ypurself to be grilled on your wor.... 03 Feb.
corneredtiger @dusaj26 : Thanks. I am ready for that part. . 03 Feb.
Please review this. This is my final sop.When you don't know what you don't know you are content. When you know what you don't know, you are seeking. This happened to me when I discovered my attraction towards management during my short stint at a leading IT multinational. While learning new tech...
Guys please review my SOP....
Legends are not only born but can be made too . I am a firm believer of this phrase and have always believed that anything can be achieved given that you have the interest and the passion to do it . And this belief is what has guided and motivated me up till this ...
saurav205 I am not too good with SOPs and I am still stuck with min.... 02 Feb.
bluecyphercomet good job. 03 Feb.
Hi... can anyone review mine please..
Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from - Al Franken, "Oh, the Things I Know", 2002I pe...
3 Comments
dinsar1172 @Darth_vader7 thank you for your review.. I'll modify it.... 02 Feb.
Darth_vader7 Yes, there are quite a few typos.. 02 Feb.
The last date for registration(NMIMS) is 14th feb, that means that we can register on 4th, right?? I am still a long way from getting the final version of my SOP Are there more people who have still not finished their SOP or am I the only one??
12 Comments
kaustuv26 Does a SOP need a header? If so, what to write there? . 02 Feb.
Darth_vader7 Yes, just write- statement of purpose.. 02 Feb.
GUYS PLEASE REVIEW MY SOP....(I WROTE THIS AFTER GOING THROUGH ATLEAST 30 SOP'S IN THIS FORUM).. I try to learn from my past, but I plan for my future by focusing exclusively on the present. This is something which describes me the best. I am a firm believer of the fact that learning is a continu...
Darth_vader7 I try to learn from my past, but I plan for my future by .... 02 Feb.
Suggestions are highly solicited on my sop...Thank you in advance
€œBelieve you can and you are halfway there €?, a quote by Theodore Roosevelt reverberates with my views that just looking at things with a positive mindset can take you long way down the road.Hailing from a family with busines...
10 Comments
shirazi impressed :D . 03 Feb.
cricaddict Good start. Hailing from a family with business backgroun.... 04 Feb.
Could anyone please check my SOP and point out the improvements required..
Legends are not only born but can be made too . I am a firm believer of this phrase and have always believed that anything can be learnt given that you have the interest and the passion to do it . And this belief is wh...
Please review my SOPThanks in advance...My career objective is to be an effective Operations Management Consultant capable of formulating and implementing strategies that determine the success of an organization. My job at 'xxx', an EPC consulting firm, involves giving optimal engineering solutio...
Here is my sop. Please review it. Please suggest improvements/additions. Thanks
But that morning I paused. However I always used to look at the working HR managers while I was passing through the HR department. During my short stint a leading IT multinational, I realised that I was more fascin...
2 5 Comments
Jayati.Narula @anirs Do you suggest any other improvements or is it al.... 03 Feb.
Sahil729 hey uploading a notepad file would work?. 03 Feb.
Hello guys, Can anyone review my SOP for IIMB, wiil be a huge help,
There are certain moments in an individual's life which provides you with a confidence that you can do anything in your life. For me it was when I secured 91% in X board and topped my school for the first time in my life. Equi...
If I were to describe myself with one word, it would be 'Ambitious'. As the famous John Locke from LOST said €œDon't tell me what I can't do €?. The phrase fits well for me. Being an underdog is something that motivates me. I believe Education is more than reading, writing, and arithmetic. It wa...
4 Comments
akhuri thank you so much. I'll make the changes . 01 Feb.
akhuri if I can get anymore reviews, that would be great help pu.... 03 Feb.
In online application for for IIMB--SOP MS sheet: Are we required to write it by hand and that get it scanned or we can edit that sheet on computer and submit it like that.
7 users have answered this question.
Hi Puys , please review this and share the feedback @cricaddict Institue : DMS,IIT DelhiStatement of Purpose: State your reasons for joining the programme IN 150 words. Words Used : 161ďťż
I want to attain the self-actualisation goal of becoming a better person. My immediate...
7 Comments
SUKRUTKHAMBETE Hi Nishant, SOP seems too technical and heavy on verbosit.... 21 Feb.
SUKRUTKHAMBETE Can you become more clear and more lucid in expressing yo.... 21 Feb.

€œI skate to where the pluck is going to be, not where it has been €?, quotes by Ice Hockey Player, Wayne Gretzky. I can connect to this quote as I have the hunger to start something new and fresh and be a pioneer of my dream. I can see myself coming up with new Business ideas and implementing it in the due course of years ahead. For that I think an MBA degree will help me reach my dream as it will equip me with a better sense of understanding of the business and will get me in a better position to weigh the pros and cons before starting my business venture. I will also be looking for more industry exposure after my MBA from NMIMS, so that I can implement the learning of curriculum and gain business experience.

I come across as an innate leader, when from early age I captained the cricket team at district level and ahead in career showed skills to manage people in my college and workplace through the responsibility trusted on me. Being the Head of Operations in College and getting rewarded for my work in office as Project Star, only bolstered my confidence to continue working harder and contribute more to the organization I have been associated with.

NMIMS emerges as my first choice B-school; its experienced faculty, prodigious alumni and close corporate liaison, provides a wide array of learning opportunities, and would equip me with knowledge, skills and exposure to realize my full potential thereby significantly contributing towards the achievement of my career and personal goals.

Thoughts welcome.:)

• Like 0
  • Share 0
  • Quote & Reply
  • Follow
    • B I U